• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait. Ness...has a new theme?

STOP EVERYTHING, THIS IS A BIG DEAL. DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK?
You can't go back on these livestreams unfortunately. We'll have to wait for the post-release video to come out.

Amy&Homer

Smash Rookie
I have an idea that will never happen, but Carnivine as an echo fighter for Piranha Plant? Could use toxic as a replacement for that sludge, energy ball as replacement for that spiky ball and just use growth for the final smash and grab them with vine whip. Never will happen but that would fun?!

D

Deleted member

Man, all that stream footage and no :ultsimon: gameplay :(. Oh well, at least :ultrichter: gave me an idea of how he'll play.

Shroob

Sup?
This is Games and More
View attachment 175568
Removed:
  • All Stars - Understandable. It was already long as hell in Smash 4
  • Target Blast - Good. I'd rather have no Target test than this thing
  • Homerun Contest - I need this
  • Stage Builder - Good, it was always too limited
  • Master Orders - see below
  • Crazy Orders - never owned the WiiU version so eh
  • Character Costumization - Good, custom moves were kind of pointless anyway
  • Trophies - I wish the playable characters kept theirs but eh
Seems like Ultimate's Single Player is going to be shallow.
Comments next to the originals.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man, all that stream footage and no :ultsimon: gameplay :(. Oh well, at least :ultrichter: gave me an idea of how he'll play.
I believe they're the same in all regards except Richter's jab is different.

One thing I'm disappointed about is that they don't get their throwing knives. Would at least think it'd be in a normal somewhere.

D

Deleted member

This is Games and More
View attachment 175568
Removed:
  • All Stars
  • Target Blast
  • Homerun Contest
  • Stage Builder
  • Master Orders
  • Crazy Orders
  • Character Costumization
  • Trophies
If I may.

All-Star Mode is still in this game. However, character customization, Master & Crazy Orders and Stage Builder were not that good at all. It was an unnecessarily tedious grind to collect everything and the modes were not that great of a method of doing so. They were a reason Smash Wii U was a terrible game and it should stay in Smash Wii U where it belongs.

Stage builder was pretty bad too, so I'd rather they just not have it at all, to be honest.

The absence of Targets and Home-Run Contest are a bit weird. Trophies I can get behind, but those two? Weird.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I always have liked pretty and cute characters.

Kirbys, Pokémon, humanoids... I always had liked cute things.

View attachment 175541

I have an special place in my heart for Cute Badass Characters that appeal to my very conflictive tastes xD.
So does that mean you like a certain Darkstalker? Cute, red, has guns...

------------

On another note, there were talks about a Granblue Fantasy character for DLC. Nowhere is it even implied that the companies agreed to put Katalina(did I spell that right?) in. It's simply just them trying to get the character, and I wouldn't be surprised if it failed. Maybe it wasn't even Sakurai's idea alone. Maybe he wasn't sure on it. I don't honestly think she's very likely, unless their goal is to help gain attention to the series so it's easier to bring overseas(not unlike Marth and Roy).

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
It does not, I know. That's what I'm waiting, to see if Sakurai will serve his loyal fans (and partially his wish) or consider a costume is enough of a try.
I don't think they want to push for something that had its time since release.
I know the game is good, I just didn't have the time to try it. Maybe some time (I hope).
Oh, I didn't know about the scandal (or I think I forgot about it), was it the ear bite? Anyway, that make sense.. kinda (they still named a character after him though).
Yes right now all we can do is speculate and look at facts. However just seeing Squares past partnerships I don't see it. I hope Square takes this as a lesson though. Perhaps they will sell Geno to Nintendo and he will now be in the Mario & Luigi RPG's, if thats the case then even if he doesn't make it. Everyone will win, plus his chances of making it into the next Smash game will skyrocket because there will be no more red tape. Personally this is the situation I hope for, Sora/Dragon Quest character in Smash and Geno sold to Nintento and he will be added to the Mario & Luigi RPG's. In this scenario almost everyone wins, but right now its just a dream. Oh you should play it, I really hope they add the battle music to Ultimate. Some of the songs would fit super well, but again that means having to deal with Square and their demands.

I cant find what scandal he was caught in I think it was something else. Its also possible they changed it so they couldn't get sued. There seem to be various reports why they changed the name. However I do know for sure originally Balrog was going to be Mike Bison and M. Bison was going to be Vega. Then all of a sudden they changed everything around.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If I may.

All-Star Mode is still in this game. However, character customization, Master & Crazy Orders and Stage Builder were not that good at all. It was an unnecessarily tedious grind to collect everything and the modes were not that great of a method of doing so. They were a reason Smash Wii U was a terrible game and it should stay in Smash Wii U where it belongs.

Stage builder was pretty bad too, so I'd rather they just not have it at all, to be honest.

The absence of Targets and Home-Run Contest are a bit weird. Trophies I can get behind, but those two? Weird.
Noooooo my stage builder ;-;

D

Deleted member

I believe they're the same in all regards except Richter's jab is different.

One thing I'm disappointed about is that they don't get their throwing knives. Would at least think it'd be in a normal somewhere.
They have different jabs? Huh, didn't notice.

Yeah, I'm suprised at no knives too.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So does that mean you like a certain Darkstalker? Cute, red, has guns...

------------

On another note, there were talks about a Granblue Fantasy character for DLC. Nowhere is it even implied that the companies agreed to put Katalina(did I spell that right?) in. It's simply just them trying to get the character, and I wouldn't be surprised if it failed. Maybe it wasn't even Sakurai's idea alone. Maybe he wasn't sure on it. I don't honestly think she's very likely, unless their goal is to help gain attention to the series so it's easier to bring overseas(not unlike Marth and Roy).
Noooo my Katalina ;-;

blackghost

Smash Champion
I absolutely think we can. Every other fighter has supers.
theres so many reasons why FS meter will not be legal. theres a thread going over it. but the main points are other games supers are not safe, are not auto kills, have actual risk, and supers are tied to a resource. in this game none of that is true.

D

Deleted member

Noooooo my stage builder ;-;
Don't get me wrong, Stage Builder could totally happen in an update! We've had substantial updates before in Smash 4, I don't see how adding a mode would hurt. I feel Smash Ultimate will have a very healthy life with tons of stuff added.

However, it's best that they just trimmed down the unnecessary fat, like character customization and other such means, and get to the deal. And with Ultimate doing that, it feels very much needed.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Don't get me wrong, Stage Builder could totally happen in an update! We've had substantial updates before in Smash 4, I don't see how adding a mode would hurt. I feel Smash Ultimate will have a very healthy life with tons of stuff added.

However, it's best that they just trimmed down the unnecessary fat, like character customization and other such means, and get to the deal. And with Ultimate doing that, it feels very much needed.
I hope you're right

Troykv

Smash Master
Yeah, Micaiah is a GREAT subversion of a character appearance.
Like, behind that delicate appearance, boy is she a tough cookie.
Oh yeah; her appearance would make you think she is a delicate (and I think it makes sense to think her personalily would be fragile considered how she is actually a bit frail gameplay-wise)... but wow; she has guts; and after getting some experience in Part 1 she became quite a tough cookie as a commander and tactician.

despite being in the losing side; only she was beaten for her weakness dealing with chaos overflowing and overexhaustion.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
So this is Games and More...
View attachment 175568
Seems to Remove:
  • All Stars
  • Target Blast
  • Homerun Contest
  • Stage Builder
  • Master Orders
  • Crazy Orders
  • Character Costumization
  • Trophies
Apparently they've done some cool things with Classic too. For instance, Ryu has all his stages be Stamina mode on Omega stages.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
If I may.

Just because it's called All-Star Mode doesn't mean it actually is.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
We have World of Light so I'm sure we'll be fine on the single player front.
Is World of Light going to be enough though?

It's comparable to SSE in Brawl and that game had All Star, Home Run Contest, Break the Targets, Event Mode and Stage Builder.

Is Spirits enough to compensate for that?

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of all star smash...

Is it actually infinite, or does it end once you knock out everyone on the roster?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is anyone gonna tell me if my boi comes up? I have stuff to do...
Dude, I don't think Yoshi was even in this tournament.
You know it's a tournament right?
We're in the grand finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom