• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I said I liked Yoshi's personality, and that it was better than Mario's. Did I say it was better than Luigi's, Rosalina's, Wario's and the like? No. Also you tried to bait me with that Inklings post when it was completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Also yes I have played the Mario RPGs
Alright i'm gonna end this here, because I actually like to have fun in forums about video games.

I don't dislike you, I don't dislike Yoshi. It just gets a little grating how you seem to shove Yoshi into almost every conversation.

Yoshi's personality being better than Mario's isn't a fact it's subjective. I actually like Mario's more, but i'm not trying to convince people of Mario's superiority.

I'm not telling you to stop (you wouldn't anyway), i'm not telling you to do anything, but I find repetitive things very annoying. And unfortunately you're a tad bit repetitive.

All i'm saying is I'd like to make a post about Kirby without you telling me why I should like Yoshi for the same reasons, even though I already like Yoshi.

That's all.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The only first party that I think has a chance for DLC is Elma.

I'm fully expecting the vast majority of the DLC will be third-partys because $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I always have liked pretty and cute characters.

Kirbys, Pokémon, humanoids... I always had liked cute things.

View attachment 175541

I have an special place in my heart for Cute Badass Characters that appeal to my very conflictive tastes xD.
Where you see cute girls with pale skin, yellow eyes, and light hair, all I see is Lucifer crossdressing.

You would not believe how many times Lucifer dresses up as a chick.
Non-zero

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
On the cute debate, you can't deny that Isabelle is cuter than Yoshi/Kirby, and that Pikachu is probably cuter than her.
I agree. Isabelle is definitely one of the cutest, and Pikachu might be the cutest... actually, Jigglypuff is the cutest

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Alright i'm gonna end this here, because I actually like to have fun in forums about video games.

I don't dislike you, I don't dislike Yoshi. It just gets a little grating how you seem to shove Yoshi into almost every conversation.

Yoshi's personality being better than Mario's isn't a fact it's subjective. I actually like Mario's more, but i'm not trying to convince people of Mario's superiority.

I'm not telling you to stop (you wouldn't anyway), i'm not telling you to do anything, but I find repetitive things very annoying. And unfortunately you're a tad bit repetitive.

All i'm saying is I'd like to make a post about Kirby without you telling me why I should like Yoshi for the same reasons, even though I already like Yoshi.

That's all.
Remember, this all started because you took offense to me and the other guy saying I didn't care for Kirby.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Star of light actually fits more, I really like that title more.
You're a Street Fighter fan (I suppose), you know how localization went there. Vega, M.Bison, Balrog.
I don't know why they do these things.

Troykv

Smash Master
Where you see cute girls with pale skin, yellow eyes, and light hair, all I see is Lucifer crossdressing.

You would not believe how many time Lucifer dresses up as a chick.
Oh... that explains that picture... I never understood before why the SMT dudes were praying to Micaiah xD.

Hahaha... Do you have a picture of the actual female Lucifer? xD

Noipoi

Howdy!
Remember, this all started because you took offense to me and the other guy saying I didn't care for Kirby.
It was a joke. I didn't take offense I literally don't care.

Why do some people think I care what others think about stuff I like? It doesn't matter to me. At all.

Geez, can't even make a joke anymore...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It was a joke. I didn't take offense I literally don't care.

Why do some people think I care what others think about stuff I like? It doesn't matter to me. At all.

Geez, can't even make a joke anymore...
Okay, I admit. Maybe I did take you too seriously and shouldn't have responded. I'm sorry for that.

But now do you understand that my response wasn't unsolicited as you made it out to be?

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
so speaking of mike tyson, if you could / had to pick one single real human being who exists or has existed and add them to Smash in non-Mii form, that would be wild and I wanna know what kind of paths people go down for that.

We've got Mike Tyson, any of the big Nintendo staff, Tony Hawk...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh... that explains that picture... I never understood before why the SMT dudes were praying to Micaiah xD.

Hahaha... Do you have a picture of the actual female Lucifer? xD
Well here's a picture of fem Lucifer
luisa.jpg
And here's a fun comic
kyg.jpg

11th

Smash Apprentice
OMIGOSH that new Kirby's Dreamland ending/ Milky Way Wishes Remix!! It's sooooo good!
I just hopped on to comment on that. Definitely a great mix! The KDL1 staff roll has always been one of my favorites, and I'm happy that it's finally seeing some love between Star Allies and Ultimate.

Eleven is 11's hero.
This conversation was a bit awkward to walk into.

Last edited:

Starbound

I wish there was more variety in the character picks

I want to see Pichu footage ;_;

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
so speaking of mike tyson, if you could / had to pick one single real human being who exists or has existed and add them to Smash in non-Mii form, that would be wild and I wanna know what kind of paths people go down for that.

Shaq from Shaq Fu.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Eleven is 11's hero. I'm not that familiar with him either, I've only scratched the game.

The reason I believe (and almost sure of) we don't get any more Mario RPGs is that basically Nintendo don't like RPGs. They don't believe it's the type of gener to follow or make, they stated that. It was the reason they clashed with Square in the first place, leading to Square departure from Nintendo to Sony's arms, where they found their success.
Since that game was a success Nintendo won't acknowledge, they stubborned a long time without RPGs. Eventually caving in to loud demands (maybe Geno fans) with Paper Mario, which they couldn't help turning into an action game. Then finally totally caving with Mario & Luigi RPG. That's what I'm trying to tell Geno fans, is that even if Geno came back, none of those parties want to make that game. Square is going for new as you say, and Nintendo won't waste their RPG efforts (which were a great success). That realization or conclusion is what actually might hurt Geno's chances, it all depends on sakurai though.

Ah, don't worry about it, there's always people like you who'll inspire good manners.

Agreed, take away Geno's chances in Smash. Lets just talk the chances for a new Super Mario RPG that is literally 0%. Why would they want to put a character in that neither company want to make another game for. It just does not make sense, if you strip away the nostalgia and fan demand. And look at the cold hard facts, it just does not make sense. Honestly I see them maybe pushing for an Octopath Traveler character instead as that is basically the new partnership game between the two companies. Like I said Geno may still have a chance and thats due to the fact of loyal fan demand and Sakurai likes him. Outside those factors he has nothing going for him, question is will those two factors alone be enough? We will have to wait and see.

Thanks I always try to be uplifting and reasonable. By the way if you haven't played Octopath Traveler I really recommend it.

Starbound

Belmonts look rad. I'm a sucker for a good zoner and those projectiles are nuts.

D

Deleted member

I saw people bashing Kirby about an hour or so ago in this thread.

How dare they. How dare they slander my pink son. Look how upset you've made him:

And after he selflessly rescues your favorite Nintendo characters not once, but two times now...

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
because they didn't want mike tyson to sue
That's what we've heard. But it's Bison, not Tyson.
There're instances of market familiarization like Rockman going for Mega Man. But I still don't get the angrey Kirby faces.. anger in everything, why?

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
You're a Street Fighter fan (I suppose), you know how localization went there. Vega, M.Bison, Balrog.
I don't know why they do these things.
I am specifically Ken as you can tell ha. The reason they changed Vega, Balrog and M. Bison. Is because originally Balrog was Mike Bison referencing Mike Tyson. Mike Tyson got caught in a scandal so they changed the names around in the U.S., but kept them in Japan.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Y'all, all of this new gameplay we're getting is freaking amazing, like oh my goodness.

Also, we have Big (Incineroar purple alt) and Froggy (Greninja green alt) as fighters. My life is complete.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, I admit. Maybe I did take you too seriously and shouldn't have responded. I'm sorry for that.

But now do you understand that my response wasn't unsolicited as you made it out to be?
Please Zinith, stop trying to get the last laugh and just end it already. Don't even respond to this, just end it. No more posting. It's futile.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Hitomi Tanaka :3

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Y'all, all of this new gameplay we're getting is freaking amazing, like oh my goodness.

Also, we have Big (Incineroar purple alt) and Froggy (Greninja green alt) as fighters. My life is complete.
Team Froggy is gonna be amazing. Haha. That’s good stuff.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Look dude, i'm here to do two things.

1. Have a good time.

2. Make sure everyone else is having a good time.

With that said, i'm not perfect. I'm human, I get sad, I get angry, I can't be "super happy doodle guy" 24/7.

Unfortunately anger runs in my family. I'm not as bad as some others, but when I get upset I tend to act irrationally. I'm not trying to excuse my actions, that's just how it is.

Now yes, you shouldn't have taken my stupid post seriously. However I also shouldn't have got so heated. I realize that.

Let's both just agree to chill out, K?

LetterO

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, Classic Mode is really good with how each match is specific for each character. For example, someone on 4chan pointed out that all of Ryu's classic mode matches are Stamina based, and that the first fight is with Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom