• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
What would Sora's final smash be? The only thing I can think of is Donald and Goofy showing up for some Shulk like big team attack, but would Disney be fine with having them show up? Would KH have Disney characters as spirits?

blackghost

Smash Champion

So basically for any character you were hoping wasn't like this in the final game like Bowser Jr. (and my boi...), what you see is what you get...[/QUOTE]

every bayo main (including myself) just let out a sigh of relief. MKleo tried to sabotage us and we survived. now time to lab and learn as much as possible

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wasn't calling you dumb unless you actually believe Banjo would get in with a Minecraft stage instead of an actual Banjo-Kazooie stage.
Somehow, that actually sounds funny to me, even if it means funny in an untrue way. Made me laugh.

But don't assume I said anything about Banjo next time, okay? I never did mention him to begin with.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Somehow, that actually sounds funny to me, even if it means funny in an untrue way. Made me laugh.

But don't assume I said anything about Banjo next time, okay? I never did mention him to begin with.
I didn't assume you did. I said it because I didn't want other people to reply with something dumb.
Might I say, assuming that I'm making assumptions is quite rude. Embarrass

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey, don't say don't be dumb, I was just checking!

On Square Enix, Minecraft and Katalina (third party character, is she?), I have something to say...

Those don't make sense as the three (our of five) DLC characters in this game. Not that I am doubting Verge, for I don't doubt him, given his credibility, but while this is a celebration of gaming, this is also a celebration of Nintendo, since this started off as just Nintendo. Provided those three get in, you'd think Sakurai would add more Nintendo characters than third party ones, like 3 Nintendo characters and 2 third party characters for that reason. I know he doesn't have to, but still, this doesn't make that much sense to me. I think having three third parties and 2 first parties is kinda insane, given the kind of game this is; especially since we don't even know if we will get season 2.

Sorry for the little complaint, if you want to call it that, I was just making an observation, and I know those three have not been so confirmed yet.
You said it yourself, Smash Bros. is a celebration of gaming as a whole. It's gone beyond a celebration of Nintendo and it's something more now.

Also third-party characters drum up massive hype and sales, so it makes sense for them to be prioritized over first party newcomers, who may not be as popular.

Besides, Nintendo doesn't have many more first party characters even left to include. There are no egregious first-party exclusions in this Smash game. Like, in terms of first parties:
  • Bandana Dee
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Elma
  • Paper Mario
  • Dixie Kong
are the only reasonable first party editions not disconfirmed at this point, and none of them are truly essential.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There is an upper limit to how fast content can be produced, and no amount of additional resources thrown at it changes that. Character models are made by a single artist, often times there's a different texture artist, but they can't do their part until the modeler finishes his. A large team allows for multiple characters to be under development simultaneously, but each individual character will take roughly the same amount of time regardless of how big or small the team is.
IMO, it depends on how good the modeler is, then. Having worked on collaborations alongside 3D animators like MowtenDoo, the Billy Herrington model he sculpted took like a week or so on that one collaborative project.

Then again, that's just me from an observer's view. I should've rephrased as in "I believe Sora could be done in a month and a half's time, when it comes to his moveset and model," the balancing, stage development and music are a different story, especially if Kingdom Hearts has any legal conundrums with music.

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
Am I interpreting this image right? Does G&W go au naturale for his side smash?
A69BD165-7D8A-414C-B4E8-6EFCBFB81D8A.jpeg

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I didn't assume you did.
I said it because I didn't want other people to reply with something dumb.
Well, I wasn't going to do that, either way, okay? Know that I am much better than that. Try not to be hasty (if that is the correct word here), okay? :);)

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy . Does Simon's 7th alt remind you of his Castlevania Chronicles design? I can sorta see some slight similarities, but I could be terribly wrong.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What would Sora's final smash be? The only thing I can think of is Donald and Goofy showing up for some Shulk like big team attack, but would Disney be fine with having them show up? Would KH have Disney characters as spirits?
Ragnarock is his signature "finisher" in all of his crossover?
Ars Arcanum is also good one?
Can also be Trinity Limit?

Shroob

Sup?
I have now seen one planty boi doing the Fortnight dance.

Yup, I can officially die now. I have seen everything.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Sorta. The AT for Zero from Mega Man X is referred to as "Zero (Megaman)". There wouldn't be a point to the distinction if there was only one Zero present, so that means another Zero in the game, likely the Kirby one.
There's always a possibility it's to distinguish Zero the character from Zero the series, both of which are represented as ATs.

Anyone know if Zero game series (Japanese title of Fatal Frame) and the character Zero from MegaMan use the same spellings and everything?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Even when I have the game in my hands.

Even when I'm mashing through World of Light.

Even when I'm unlocking all the music and Mii costumes.

There's always gonna be that little voice in the back of my mind constantly telling me...

":ultpiranha: tho?"

February can't come fast enough.
I can't wait for my planty boi.

I hope World of Light is huge but I also hope it won't take long to find all the characters.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Either Ragnarok like so:

Or Session, his limit with Riku from KH2

They could even go with the solo Trinity Limit from KH2:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
You said it yourself, Smash Bros. is a celebration of gaming as a whole. It's gone beyond a celebration of Nintendo and it's something more now.

Also third-party characters drum up massive hype and sales, so it makes sense for them to be prioritized over first party newcomers, who may not be as popular.

Besides, Nintendo doesn't have many more first party characters even left to include. There are no egregious first-party exclusions in this Smash game. Like, in terms of first parties:
  • Bandana Dee
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Elma
  • Paper Mario
are the only reasonable first party editions not disconfirmed at this point, and none of them are truly essential.
Do we know Dixie's status? Remember seeing a spirit for her, though apparently spirits don't equal being deconfirmed.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, I wasn't going to do that, either way, okay? Know that I am much better than that. Try not to be hasty (if that is the correct word here), okay? :);)
I'm just joking around dude.
That's 98% of who I am.

Oh yeah, NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy . Does Simon's 7th alt remind you of his Castlevania Chronicles design? I can sorta see some slight similarities, but I could be terribly wrong.

That doesn't look like it at all. It's missing the black and white parts of it.
If anything Simon looks like the actual Conan.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

• Bandana Dee
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Elma
  • Paper Mario
Well, at least I said it myself! Heh heh! Still think it is kinda strange, but hey. What can I do?

Also, tehponycorn, if you are reading this, let me be the one to apologize for our arguments and little misunderstandings about that unnecessary call out on that Twitter person and that fight about that question I said about insiders back during the Grinch leak, No hard feelings, right?

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I noticed that with Incineroar Pokemon is now the first series to have reps in the double digits (if you count Pkmn Trainer as 3)

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Probably Session with Riku

or Ragnarok

or something with a Dream Eater like dabbing

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It will be a long time before I even get NEAR EVO (even though I live in the same state lol). All I can do as of this moment is advocate for my boi to be used...
Nah dude I think you can do it. Drink some liquid courage, go by a different name, go for gold.
I know one year I want to try out EVO for myself.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Do we know Dixie's status? Remember seeing a spirit for her, though apparently spirits don't equal being deconfirmed.
I'll admit I forgot about her. If Spirits mean disconfirmed, then it's not good news. If not, then she's definitely possible, and I'd say likely given her prominence. She's one of the last "Nintendo All-Stars" not in Smash yet.
Well, at least I said it myself! Heh heh! Still think it is kinda strange, but hey. What can I do?

Also, tehponycorn, if you are reading this, let me be the one to apologize for our arguments and little misunderstandings about that unnecessary call out on that Twitter person and that fight about that question I said about insiders back during the Grinch leak, No hard feelings, right?
Nah, it's all good. Let's put it in the past and move forward.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, I don't think you have...

Have you seen Rottytops, performing the tango, on the observation deck of the Shanghai Tower, while nude? I didn't think so.
This sounds oddly specific.

I'm not one to kinkshame, but this is a christian subreddit ************.

jk

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Uh, huh.

Language warning. Aside from that, :ultluigi: got nerfed hard in terms of recovery. A worse Luigi Cyclone and a z-air that doesn't work as a tether recovery. Up-B is more-or-less the same.
Dang, that’s really unfortunate. Glad Ness, Falcon, and Puff seem to be getting buffed but my dude Weegee getting the nerf hammer?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'll admit I forgot about her. If Spirits mean disconfirmed, then it's not good news. If not, then she's definitely possible, and I'd say likely given her prominence. She's one of the last "Nintendo All-Stars" not in Smash yet.

Nah, it's all good. Let's put it in the past and move forward.
Good idea. Man, that Grinch leak caused a whole lot of bad commotion not just for you and I, but for all of us. Hope it doesn't happen again, as unlikely as it is. But scratch what I said to you the other day, you are still cool.

kylexv

Smash Master
My thoughts:
  • Being an Assist Trophy or Non-Playable character (not a spirit) or Mii costume (in some cases) decreases chances significantly. These characters will probably not appear as DLC, but it is not impossible.
    • This applies to the following characters:
      • Waluigi
      • Krystal
      • Isaac
      • Shadow
      • Skull Kid
      • Ashley
      • Shovel Knight
  • Being a Spirit, but not anything else, only decreases the chances of appearing as DLC slightly.
    • This applies to the following characters:
      • Dixie
      • Geno
      • Chorus Kids
  • Not being in the game at all can be a sign for DLC.
    • This is especially the case if it's a notable first party character (I'm not sure if anybody will freak out if Kersti from Paper Mario: Sticker Star or Agatha from Twilight Princess are not in the game). I would say if a character like Elma or Bandanna Dee are missing as a Spirit, they will most likely appear as DLC (but idk since Bandanna Dee wasn't even in Smash 4 at all, not even as a trophy).
      • Easiest way to tell this is if Piranha Plant is not a Spirit in the base game.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, :ultpiranha: is the first fighter in Smash to have no eyes (if that means anything)...

:ultgnw: would have counted if it wasn't for the animation changes. But, his FS in every game technically has eyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom