• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
At the risk of sounding rude...told ya so.
You're not "at risk" of sounding rude. You just always sound rude.

;)

/s

I reasoned if I got smash 4 and it was way less hype than Ultimate, why would I wait over a year to see if DLC would make Ultimate "better" then it already is, and it's a huge step up from smash 4 in the first place!! :p

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Aaaand I'm already seeing people suggest that the ballot will influence which characters we get for DLC.

I'm done talking about the ballot. Feels like everytime we got a newcomer in Ultimate, people either tried to exaggerate how well the character did on the ballot, or basically say, "Well, this one is an exception. The rest of the newcomers will be ballot characters."

Sorry ladies and gents, but I don't think the ballot means nearly as much to Sakurai as you guys wanted it to. It may have gotten us a character or two, but it seems like he's back to doing his own thing again.
I agree. I don't think the ballot will have much of an effect on DLC, if it does at all, and I think DLC will be mostly, if not all, 3rd party characters

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You're not "at risk" of sounding rude. You just always sound rude.

;)

/s

I reasoned if I got smash 4 and it was way less hype than Ultimate, why would I wait over a year to see if DLC would make Ultimate "better" then it already is, and it's a huge step up from smash 4 in the first place!! :p
Because Sakurai is clearly attacking you personally and ****ting on you by making your most wanted brushed aside for Piranha Plant to make fun of you and everything you love?

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Are you asking if I prefer Ken more because he's American? That's not it. Was he designed by Americans or the Japanese? I just think he looks better than Ryu, that's all. Honestly I usually prefer Japanese characters to American characters in games
I thought that Ken was designed by the Japanese.

But, anyway, that doesn't matter. This post is pointless then, as am I, really.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Smashvania: Symphony of the Light

Fanbois: Die monster. You don't belong in this world!
Piranha Plant: It was not by my hand I was given a spot in the roster. I was brought here by Sakurai who wished to be justice against leakers!
Fanbois: Justice!? You stole Banjo's slot, and made it your own!
Piranha Plant: Perhaps the same could be said of all characters…
Fanbois: Your words are as empty as your soul! Smash Bros. ill needs a character such as you!
Piranha Plant: What is Smash Bros.? *shatters pot* A miserable little pile of characters. But enough talk… Have at you!
Final Boss Fight starts

Source: A random comment on Youtube I found

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>Lumen Sage boss fight
That ****** was the first thing that caught my attention when Bayo 2 was being shown in Directs.

He has such a sick *** design and fighting style I'd be ecstasic to have him as a boss even if I have never played a Bayonetta game. im just a sucker for cool mask or armor designs okay
Lumen Sage should be the 4th Bayonetta character if it ever gets more than maybe Jeanne
So you like cool mask and armour designs eh? Well boy do I have the franchise for you!

Bee Card

Smash Ace
:ultsimon::ultisabelle::ultincineroar::ultkrool::ultridley::ultinkling::ultpiranha::ultrichter::ultken::ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultchrom:
you know if theres one good thing about trophies being replaced with PNGs

its that alot of obscure characters artwork only existing as ****ty grainy scans online now have higher quality official art available straight out of Nintendo's vault

maybe we'll finally get the official art from FE Fates that never released in here hahahaha
Cursed be you ! Know I really want her in the game but this will never happen x)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Smashvania: Symphony of the Light

Fanbois: Be gone monster. You don't belong in this world!
Piranha Plant: It was not by my hand I was given a spot in the roster. I was brought here by Sakurai who wished to be justice against leakers!
Fanbois: Justice!? You stole Banjo's slot, and made it your own!
Piranha Plant: Perhaps the same could be said of all characters…
Fanbois: Your words are as empty as your soul! Smash Bros. ill needs a character such as you!
Piranha Plant: What is Smash Bros.? *shatters pot* A miserable little pile of characters. But enough talk… Have at you!
Final Boss Fight starts

Source: A random comment on Youtube I found
Dammit it's "DIE monster, you don't belong in this world."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I thought that Ken was designed by the Japanese.

But, anyway, that doesn't matter. This post is pointless then, as am I, really.
Okay but why did you have to bring the self-hatred into it for no reason though

Dammit it's "DIE monster, you don't belong in this world."
Actually it's neither "Begone monster" or "Die monster", it's just "Begone!"

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Soo with PP amiibo coming out on February 15, pretty safe to say he'll be out then.
I'd expect a Smash dlc direct on January 21st, to coincide with the series' 20th anniversary, with more info on Piranha Plant, the game awards character, and possibly someone else

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
"You had an insider that said the leak was real and I got all my wanted characters but your wrong and a fraud so UNSUBSCRIBED!!!!1111!!!"

Some people are made of more salt than water.
A channel established on smash speculation alone is not going to last beyond the next few months. Hype is an ebb and flow and youtube is built to endure beyond.

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
Aaaand I'm already seeing people suggest that the ballot will influence which characters we get for DLC.

I'm done talking about the ballot. Feels like everytime we got a newcomer in Ultimate, people either tried to exaggerate how well the character did on the ballot, or basically say, "Well, this one is an exception. The rest of the newcomers will be ballot characters."

Sorry ladies and gents, but I don't think the ballot means nearly as much to Sakurai as you guys wanted it to. It may have gotten us a character or two, but it seems like he's back to doing his own thing again.
DLC characters need to be marketable, people need to want to buy them. I'd argue that's why they chose Pirahna Plant as the free bonus, and not somebody else, you don't expect people to buy the joke character. The ballot gives a direct comparison of "Hey, how many people would be willing to buy this character as opposed to that one?" You can't ask for a better barometer than that.

I don't think it'll be the end all be all for choosing characters, but it IS going to influence who we get, suggesting otherwise is frankly silly

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
DLC characters need to be marketable, people need to want to buy them. I'd argue that's why they chose Pirahna Plant as the free bonus, and not somebody else, you don't expect people to buy the joke character. The ballot gives a direct comparison of "Hey, how many people would be willing to buy this character as opposed to that one?" You can't ask for a better barometer than that.

I don't think it'll be the end all be all for choosing characters, but it IS going to influence who we get, suggesting otherwise is frankly silly
So you're saying the ballot will greatly influence the DLC characters?

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
Dude if the ballot ever returns, vote the character you really want even if it is an assist trophy. I know I voted ridley, even if he was a stage hazard on wiiu, knowing perfectly that the ballot was for smash 4 instead of a new hypotetical super secret game.
The ballot was explicitly stated to be not just for Smash 4, but future Nintendo games as a whole

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Why does Smash Zelda have an American accent when BOTW Zelda has an English accent? What happened to Hyrule's royal family in the years between? :confused:

D

Deleted member

Mfw Smash is already causing people to go Beam Me Up, Scotty! with Richter's quote
Lumen Sage should be the 4th Bayonetta character if it ever gets more than maybe Jeanne
So you like cool mask and armour designs eh? Well boy do I have the franchise for you!
Jeanne, Rodin and Lumen Sage for Smash. I'll be the guy who never played a Bayonetta game in his life advocating for it to have 4 characters let's ****ing go.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Is it because he's American?
I like Ken because he diverged from Ryu in styles. I kept up with the early lore of their training and Ken was less accustomed to hadoken, but had the superior Shoryuken. He isn’t stoic and his style is more aggressive and flashy and also less campy as a result.

You’ll find yourself using less hadokens and more time executing combos. At least that’s how he was in MVC2 and alpha

TheoreticalMyth

Smash Cadet
Why does Smash Zelda have an American accent when BOTW Zelda has an English accent? What happened to Hyrule's royal family in the years between? :confused:
LoZ series is like, hundreds of years and different timelines, the accents could easily change. (Plus I don't think the voice of zelda in smash in any language is canon to that game.)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
You know, even if Sakurai didn't say anything about the DLC being cut content in the direct, it's still possible for it to be the case as several insiders some how have some information about the Season 1 DLC back before the game's development finished, like Vergeben's 1st leak post having the minecraft content which is going to be DLC.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I like Ken because he diverged from Ryu in styles. I kept up with the early lore of their training and Ken was less accustomed to hadoken, but had the superior Shoryuken. He isn’t stoic and his style is more aggressive and flashy and also less campy as a result.

You’ll find yourself using less hadokens and more time executing combos. At least that’s how he was in MVC2 and alpha
Dude it was a joke, you could've just responded to actual legit question but ok :drsad:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So then is the source credible or not? Because there was the Banjo claim before the Grinch leak came out that Papa apparently knew about...
I know about that Banjo rumor, but I personally took no stock in it. I can understand why others might have. I think, had this rumor came out back in Smash 4, I might have believed it then, but I've been around the block a few times since, and it's made me considerably more pragmatic in my approach to leaks. I don't trust people just because they might feel trustworthy. You either have a proven track record, or you don't.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
None but this popped upsomewhere View attachment 175454
GODDAMN USELESS *** WEREWOLF I PAY HIM SO MUCH MONEY TO TAKE OUT BELMONT
I think it was from a japanese video taht showed a little more about spirits and stuff...

btw Lumen sage would be an AMAZING boss fight!

In other news... do the castlevania bosses do anythig on the castleania stage? ive seen the appear sometimes, but they don't seem to actually do something , unless hazardless stage keep the mosnter appearing :0

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://swallow.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/livejupiter/1541121444/&edit-text=&act=url
According to comments from 5ch, it seems like Incineroar isn't really all that popular in Japan. These are some of the comments:
-Who are you? Gaogaen (Incineroar's Japanese name)...
-Who is too much gaogaen
-You seriously thought that Gao Gain participation was good?
-Who are you, Gao Gain?
-What is Gaogaen?
-Who is Gaogaen?
-What is Gaogaen Do not know I do not know what to do
-Gaogain is a foreigner delight
-Gaogaen? Is it really popular character?
Regardless, I'm sure many more people will warm up to him over time. Getting into Smash as a a playable fighter is a huge honor, after all.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yo, I never noticed Luigi has a tether now. If only we got more Poltergust moves and maybe a Thunder Hand to make him even more unique.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Dude it was a joke, you could've just responded to actual legit question but ok :drsad:
What? I was just describing my reason for likeing Ken as per your original question.

You don’t need to be so defensive. We’re all good. Ease up, man.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://swallow.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/livejupiter/1541121444/&edit-text=&act=url
According to comments from 5chan, it seems like Incineroar isn't really all that popular in Japan. These are some of the comments:
-Who is too much gaogaen
-Who are you, Gao Gain?
-What is Gaogaen?
-Who is Gaogaen?
Regardless, I'm sure many more people will warm up to him over time. Getting into Smash as a a playable fighter is a huge honor, after all.
Actually, Incineroar is pretty popular in Japan...
Watched some Japanese reactions, with a couple people thanking Sakurai for including Incineroar

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I'm hoping World of Light has at least 1 boss for each series represented in the game (except the retro games and maybe Final Fantasy because lol Square Enix). Hopefully Porky gets to come back to rep Earthbound & Mother 3, the only way I'll accept it if he doesn't come back is if he gets replaced by Giygas.

We've got Rathalos, Dracula, Galleom, and Galeem so far, right?

The only 3rd-party boss left I see being essential is Death Egg Robot, it's legitimately iconic and would be a real oversight to not be in. Maybe M. Bison if him being human-sized doesn't restrict what they can do with him.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Bowsette is great. Outside her giant breasts it's mostly pretty tame as well so not sure why it would be something to freak out over unless fads of any kind just twist your knickers
Huh?

Where did this come from?

Were people talking about Bowsette? :laugh:
Bruh, this is not your super smash bros' World of Light

THIS IS
You know... I keep looking at Galeem and get a sort Digimon-esque vibe from it.

If people don't get what I mean, there have been some very weird Digimon designs.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
According to comments from 5ch, it seems like Incineroar isn't really all that popular in Japan. These are some of the comments:
-Who is too much gaogaen
-Who are you, Gao Gain?
-What is Gaogaen?
-Who is Gaogaen?
5ch is Japanese 4chan, so this is just typical "Yuck, ****ing normie NPC character"

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I have a serious pet peeve with "fantasy=british," especially since the "classical" English accent isn't even as old as the United States. I hope this carries forward into any further Zelda games with voice acting.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Good LORD

:ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool:
I take back what I said about :ultpiranha:
EVERYONE'S got a fast dunk now

5ch is Japanese 4chan, so this is just typical "Yuck, ****ing normie NPC character"
That's pretty inaccurate to assume that.
Might I say, you're not being very progressive about how other cultures use their own imageboards. :redface:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom