• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wasn't there a Brawl mod with like a hundred characters?

Venus, are you okay?
I’m more than ok...I’m

And slightly drunk. Maybe I should give the man my booze money too

On topic,
I'm working on a better version, cause this one looks like garbage, but here's a version with Sora added
View attachment 175310
That reminds me that I should also update my roster soon-ish.

I do think that on top of the five newcomer DLC, we have a good possibility of 2-4 Echoes as single DLC much like how PP will be managed.

I have a question, I know Sora is our new speculation poster boy but why? Is there a leak about him? Is it cause Geno was kinda deconfirmed? Anything besides Verge saying “there’s another SE rep?”

Last edited:

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
i have reason to believe that all 5 of the DLC characters are going to be third party characters and here’s why.

I believe that the licensing and contracts for these characters was done 2015/2016. I think Rex would have been prioritized over any first party character had the planned DLC been first party. If these characters were third party, Sakurai would be legally obligated to develop these characters for DLC. This makes sense to me especially since they haven’t started development yet. That’s why they made a special point to include ARMS/Xenoblade 2 content in anyway they could to appease us for not being able to add them because of their contracts with the third party companies.

Also 3/4 newcomer DLC in smash 4 was third party so the math makes sense. Plus with Simon + Richter being the only new third party representation, I could totally see them being DLC. Especially since companies will want in on that DLC money. I’d expect Square, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Bethesda, Capcom, Activision, Namco and other third parties to want to jump in on the action.

Basically, I won’t believe we’ll get first party DLC (besides Pirahna Plant), until I see it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Seriously why does some people assuming a season 2?

I’m asking this because Sakurai stated dlc ends in February 2020 and the fifth one will be finished at that time.
(Atleast I think that’s what he said.J

osby

Smash Obsessed
DLC predictions:

1) Minecancer Steve
Mature.

2) Heiachi
It's certainly possible, I'd like to see him.

3) Fire Emblem 3 Houses Lead Character previously unseen
Didn't we saw him though? He's name is Byleth. Don't know how he's possible if Rex and Spring Man weren't but okay.

4) Geno
5) Maybe Banjo
That feels like wishful thinking at this point, but it would be nice. Though not sure if Geno would be "Square rep", there are plenty of other choises.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Then it's probably going to be just that.

Further speculation seems a lost hope at this point, and also frankly... boring.
Not entirely. He only said Minecraft CONTENT which for all we know could mean a spirit in the base game or that Banjo Kazooie have to share their pack with a Minecraft stage.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Then it's probably going to be just that.

Further speculation seems a lost hope at this point, and also frankly... boring.
I agree completely. It also gets repetitive when we all speculate on the same ten characters over and over again

osby

Smash Obsessed

I’m asking this because Sakurai stated dlc ends in February 2020 and the fifth one will be finished at that time.
Wishful thinking?

I agree completely. It also gets repetitive when we all speculate on the same ten characters over and over again
At least people won't get their hopes up, we all know how that ends with this fandom.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

You're right, which is why I think those five will be it. A season two dlc sounds too good too be true, just like the Grinch leak did

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
Alright here’s a another crack theory by Janitor Peeton.

You’re nearing then of your World of Light journey, just nearing the final boss! It’s been a long game, about 10 hours of total playtime. When you click to start the fight, a cutscene plays showing all the characters once more and just as everyone is about to attack.... someone falls out of the sky? It’s a wooden doll! It flips its wrist to reveal a gun and points it at galeem (or whatever the final bosses name is) then you see a bear and bird beside him, then a woman with white hair and two guns, and a kid with blade that looks like a key, and finally a brave little waddle dee with a bandanna and a spear!

The camera then pans out to show all of them and the base roster +piranha plant and ends with a “to be continued”
Only if you've paid for all of them, of course :upsidedown:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I already know people will get annoyed at this suggestion, but what if a Champion from BotW was planned as DLC?

If you remember, "Zelda Wii U" was being brought up by Nintendo since 2013. There was a lot of hype surrounding that game back then, so what if Sakurai planned for one of the characters as DLC, but didn't know what his options were? Yes, the game wouldn't launch until early 2017, but that's only three and a half months after Su/Mo, the game that Incineroar debuted in.

I already know it's unlikely, seeing how each character comes with a stage and we already have something from BotW. I guess it's not a total deal-breaker since there's other games in Smash that have gotten multiple stages (SM64, KI:U, X/Y), but I don't see it a very realistic outcome. Wouldn't mind being wrong though.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I’m more than ok...I’m

On topic,

I do think that on top of the five newcomer DLC, we have a good possibility of 2-4 Echoes as single DLC much like how PP will be managed.

I have a question, I know Sora is our new speculation poster boy but why? Is there a leak about him? Is it cause Geno was kinda deconfirmed? Anything besides Verge saying “there’s another SE rep?”
Spawn Wave mentioned him being revealed at the Game Awards

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Wishful thinking?

At least people won't get their hopes up, we all know how that ends with this fandom.
We're still gonna get our hopes up, because it's only human to hope for the best
Edit: I mean, just look at the predictions. People think Banjo and Geno will be dlc. Was the grinch leak being fake not a wake up call that those two will not be in the game? I'm sorry but it's just not happening. Now if Vergeben had mentioned Banjo as dlc that'd be different, but he hasn't.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You mean the full renders? Robin does.

You’re a ****ing saint
Glad to know Sonic's alts are still awful. Half the reason I hoped for shadow was possible better alt's
Shadow wasn’t gonna have alts that were any different from what Sonic gets...and think about this...atleast Sonic’s alts have gotten better with their limitations than Cloud or Pac-Man

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I have a question, I know Sora is our new speculation poster boy but why? Is there a leak about him? Is it cause Geno was kinda deconfirmed?
We need more anime Swordman that's why.

But ahem, more seriously it's because of the stars lining up.

Spawn-Wave back in October said that there might be a reveal of the first DLC at the Game Awards, since then he's been repeating it in three of his smash video, saying that it will be someone big, to sell people on the fighter pass.
Spawn-Wave seems to hint at Sora and his reaction to Geno being a spirit was "This will go well."
Vergeben saying that the Square-Enix Characters is first DLC.
Vergeben ignoring all questions about Sora counting or not as a Square-Enix Rep ever since back in August.

It can also be a Dragon Quest Characters. But people seems to believe it's Sora.

But I'm not complaining, I'm living in a world where Sora is in the front of speculation as DLC when literally what? Less than a month ago he was the laughing stock and scapegoat of Muh Disney nazis

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398

Usually when DLC is sold in seasons there are multiple seasons. I'm 50/50 on whether that's actually going to happen, all things considered. It would be hard to not add more if you were Sakurai and could come up with another 5 characters to add.

Graizen

Smash Champion
If they put Agumon in they should add his stage from Digimon Battle Spirit including the Gotsumon stage hazard.
I’m more than ok...I’m

On topic,

Sakurai said on the Direct that all the DLC will be new characters , no Echoes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's honestly wild we're already getting more DLC newcomers than 4. 4 had 8 DLC characters, 3 if which were veterans, although Mewtwo needed Newcomer-esque time to make due to Melee being too old and his unique moveset, meaning 5 newcomers to the series.
Ultimate has that same in the Fighter's Pass but Audrey's a bonus character meant to make people want to get the game early and doesn't seem to come with a stage or music, making 6. **** me man, I'm just so amazed at this game

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Question

Do crash bandicoot still have a chance for one of the 5 dlc slots?

Or do you think he suffered the same fate as Rex and Pyra (game was too late)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
10? I count much higher than that.

1. Geno
  2. Sora
  3. Banjo
  4. Crash Bandicoot
  5. Steve the Minecraft
  6. Katalina the Granblue
  7. Shantae
  8. Dixie Kong
  9. Another Pokemon
  10. Impa
  11. Bandanna Waddle Dee
  12. Another FE character
  13. NES retro (MAch Rider?)
  14. Chorus Kids
  15. All the Mega Men (Thank you Chrom)
  16. Assist Trophy promotions maybe...?
Bit of a stretch that last one

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
To the people angry about Steve and the Plant (i am included):

It could have been worse.

How worse? Well, worse like Playstation All Stars Battle Royale.
Agreed Minecraft Steve, PP and Katalina are far better choices than Fat Princess

Keyblader_Of_Smash

Smash Cadet
We need more anime Swordman that's why.

But ahem, more seriously it's because of the stars lining up.

Spawn-Wave back in October said that there might be a reveal of the first DLC at the Game Awards, since then he's been repeating it in three of his smash video, saying that it will be someone big, to sell people on the fighter pass.
Spawn-Wave seems to hint at Sora and his reaction to Geno being a spirit was "This will go well."
Vergeben saying that the Square-Enix Characters is first DLC.
Vergeben ignoring all questions about Sora counting or not as a Square-Enix Rep ever since back in August.

It can also be a Dragon Quest Characters. But people seems to believe it's Sora.

But I'm not complaining, I'm living in a world where Sora is in the front of speculation as DLC when literally what? Less than a month ago he was the laughing stock and scapegoat of Muh Disney nazis
I know right? It’s crazy to think Sora could actually end up being in Smash. I for one would adore that. My friend might end up hating him because of me but i’m ok with that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So is it true Robin's Final Smash is still the same, even though Chrom's a fully playable character? Because that sounds like some Noob-Smoke MK9 type of stuff.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So is it true Robin's Final Smash is still the same, even though Chrom's a fully playable character? Because that sounds like some Noob-Smoke MK9 type of stuff.
So far. Yes.

But we never saw Chrom and Robin together in the battlefield as of yet while Robin do his Final Smash, it can be an Alfonzo situation or Chrom was such a late addition they didn't removed him from Robin's FS

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
> ROB buffed
> Olimar buffed
> Bowser Jr nerfed into the earth's core

The Sakurai giveth, the Sakurai taketh away.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
10? I count much higher than that.

1. Geno
  2. Sora
  3. Banjo
  4. Crash Bandicoot
  5. Steve the Minecraft
  6. Katalina the Granblue
  7. Shantae
  8. Dixie Kong
  9. Another Pokemon
  10. Impa
  11. Bandanna Waddle Dee
  12. Another FE character
  13. NES retro (MAch Rider?)
  14. Chorus Kids
  15. All the Mega Men (Thank you Chrom)
  16. Assist Trophy promotions maybe...?
Bit of a stretch that last one
I think only sora, Steve, a FE rep, and katalina are realistic choices. I don't expect any other Nintendo characters aside from FE

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Is this better? I had to make the rest of the roster look bad to make sora look less wrong, so I'm not sure if its better
afterDLC-steve-sora2.png

D

Deleted member

Here's my list of what we definitely will get for the season pass:
1. Piranha Bean
2. Fire-spewing Piranha Plant
3. Flying Piranha Plant
4. Giant Jungle Piranha Plant
5. Baby Pink Gold Piranha Plant

:ultpiranha:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>Nana-swapping is back
Good. Also, nice of Peach and Daisy to have matching black dresses, that's pretty neat.

That said, one idle thought I had this morning that most may not have considered:

If Kirby inhales Steve, would he turn into a cube?

Literal Qbby.

You know, people used to poke fun at me for thinking Don-chan has a high chance as a potential Namco rep, and a newcomer.
Then the Piranha plant happened.

So, now what do you all think about having this drum becoming a potential newcomer and namco bandai rep, and what do you think his odds compared to other namco reps are? This thing is insanely iconic and popular in Japan.
Well, he has pretty stiff competition, between Heihachi, Agumon, Siegfried/Nightmare, Jin, Klonoa, Ms. Pac-Man, Valkyrie and a metric ton of others. The Tekken cast in particular would be the biggest obstacle to get past.

Are you sure you aren’t just seeing things...?
View attachment 175224
On that note, I'm glad that Luxord got brought back, for a PotC world, no less.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So far. Yes.

But we never saw Chrom and Robin together in the battlefield as of yet while Robin do his Final Smash, it can be an Alfonzo situation or Chrom was such a late addition they didn't removed him from Robin's FS
That's weird. But pretty cool. If we get one of those other Super Fighting Robot Men, or Fiora. I wonder if that'll change by launch?

Protoman Shine.gif

I'm not getting my hopes up too much though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Question

Do crash bandicoot still have a chance for one of the 5 dlc slots?

Or do you think he suffered the same fate as Rex and Pyra (game was too late)

I feel like he still has a tiny chance.

I posted in his support thread some points that could benefit him.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly I still think Dragon Quest has a better chance of having a rep than Sora being the dlc character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom