• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
By the way, on the World Of Light trailer, why does Kirby and the warp star just randomly disappear? I don't remember the Warp Star disappearing in the games.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
:ultpiranha:: Hid in his pot. It was uneffective.

:ultjigglypuff:: She sung to some characters, letting them be asleep for their presumably very painfull death.

:ultmegaman:: Actually dodged a few, but he ultimately failed.

Some characters that aren't in because why not

Bandana Dee: Attemped to shield :ultkingdedede:

Marx: Split in half, hopefully absorbing them into a black hole. It failed, and he did the Marx Soal scream as he died.

Grovyle: Tried to use the Time Gears to slow time for easier dodging. He failed.

Maxwell: Applied the "invincible" adjective to himself. He actually survived, but was flung very far away.

Kellam: Stood there, terrified. Not a single one even attempted to hit him.
:ultlittlemac:: Used his amazing ground frame data to dodge every single laser, but then fell off the cliff.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Wouldn't call it extremely huge. Minecraft, Fortnite is what I would call "extremely". A big fanbase, ok. So? again with the numbers, and again I'll answer. Examples: R.O.B., Pirahna.
Yes, so when will Nintendo be able to realse Sora from Disney? in a year? when all 5 are set in less than a month if not already.
A costume means it's prefered over, that's all. (That's till Smash 4 however).
Yet there was no other that made Sakurai express such a desire.
That's an unrelated fact however.
Don't worry then, Geno is more probable, and I believe a Ryhtem rep too.. just a guess though.
What I'm saying is Kingdom Hearts probably has a bigger fanbase than a good portion of series included in Smash already, and definitely has a bigger one over vocal Geno supporters and fans.
Also, those two characters are both relatively iconic or at the very least, recognizable.
Something that, again, Geno isn't.
(ROB helped save Nintendo from the video game market crash and is historic, and Piranha Plant is a Mario series staple.)

Geno can very well happen for DLC, and it'd be great! No one is denying that he can't.
Hell, I think he has a better chance now that season passes are a thing.
But the argument is that Sora is vastly more popular than Geno, despite what some vocal support may lead you to believe.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't believe they actually let him have his shiny coloration.
What's the bet that they pulled the Greninja loophole and made some tiny changing in coloring so it only looks like the shiny variation?

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Really hope the Demo gets released to everyone sometime soon. I've got a feeling it'll be this weekend or Wednesday. Need that early lab time.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Wouldn't call it extremely huge. Minecraft, Fortnite is what I would call "extremely". A big fanbase, ok. So? again with the numbers, and again I'll answer. Examples: R.O.B., Pirahna.
Yes, so when will Nintendo be able to realse Sora from Disney? in a year? when all 5 are set in less than a month if not already.
A costume means it's prefered over, that's all. (That's till Smash 4 however).
Yet there was no other that made Sakurai express such a desire.
That's an unrelated fact however.
Don't worry then, Geno is more probable, and I believe a Ryhtem rep too.. just a guess though.
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_Square-Enix_games
The Kingdom Hearts series has sold 24 million copies. That's pretty darn huge. Costumes don't increase or decrease a character's chances either. Yes. Inklings and K. Rool got in now, but Ashley and Skull Kid didn't. Sakurai has expressed desire in many characters. He even said how much he loved Xenoblade Chronicles 2, yet here we are with only a Rex Mii costume.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I can't believe they actually let him have his shiny coloration.
That's honestly a huge surprise.
But we technically got shiny colorations of Pokémon in the past. Like Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Greninja..kinda.

All I'm saying is if Incineroar can have it, then where's my damn shiny Charizard, Game Freak?

Shroob

Sup?
So, Big the Cat color for Incineroar?

Calling it now: Spirit fight where you have to toss a very small Green Greninja into Incineroar's way.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

Shroob

Sup?
The hell is Granblue Fantasy and how'd they land on it for a rep?

Is this one of those huge in Japan things I just don't know about?
Pretty much.

It's a mobile game, and Nintendo owns anywhere from 5-10% stock in its company, Cygames. They also are making Dragalia Lost for Nintendo.

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
They never outright said them, Spawn has been teasing stuff with heavy implications we're getting Sora announced at the Video Game Awards, which takes place on launch day. Verge has been right for everything but a SE character and Minecraft content, so I'm jumping to conclusions but honestly that isn't bad
How do we know the “Minecraft content” isn’t a spirit we haven’t seen yet?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm not sure how people can still say he's a poor choice after seeing all the positive reception towards him. Just look at the poll at the top of this page.

A disappointing choice sure if you were hoping for something more specific or didn't find him funny sure, but a poor one? Overall the character has been very well received and has a lot of people talking and laughing about it, as it was probably meant to.
I'm not talking about Piranha Plant. Dude's genius.

I'm talking Slime, who's like Piranha Plant but third party and more disappointing because Square Enix could've used Erdrick or Jade instead.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Pretty much.

It's a mobile game, and Nintendo owns anywhere from 5-10% stock in its company, Cygames. They also are making Dragalia Lost for Nintendo.
I'm putting my money on this char getting as negative if not more negative as a reaction as Corrin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom