• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay well somehow I haven't seen shiny Lucario's 3D model yet, I'll admit that looks not flattering.

This sprite is what comes into my head when I think shiny Lucario, and it looks great imo;

I still like the default blue better but gold can still be a good look for him if they don't mess it up.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How do we know the “Minecraft content” isn’t a spirit we haven’t seen yet?
Because Vergeben previously stated that he heard "stage," "assist trophy," and "'possibly' a character;" since he's not sure what it is, he just says "content."

Plus, wouldn't they have shown off the Spirit during the Direct?

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Thank god. Shiny Lucario is ugly.
That's the thing about Pokémon shinies that disappoint me, especially when seeing better colorations of them in Smash.
Like if you're not going to change the existing color palettes, at least make multiple ones.
Go all out, and treat them like a fighting game and just add like three more.

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
By the way, on the World Of Light trailer, why does Kirby and the warp star just randomly disappear? I don't remember the Warp Star disappearing in the games.
I assume he moved faster than light speed and essentially teleported

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm super late to the party but I thought the direct was mediocre as hell. Piranha Plant I think has a fantastic moveset and he looks fun to play, too bad the "character" itself I'm not a fan of. It literally changed Smash Ultimate from "Everyone is here!" to "Anyone can be here!" I've said it before and I'll say it again I hated how Snake and Cloud opened the floodgates for 3rd party characters that have very little history to Nintendo. I feel the same way about Piranha Plant, now any old random mook can be added and no matter how fun the moveset looks that can't change my mind about "characters" like him being added.

Ken is expected and plays exactly how you would expect him to play pretty boring. Now THIS ************ :ultincineroar: looks INCREDIBLE! I'm not a big Pokemon fan and I'm always indifferent to Pokemon being added to Smash but this one looks FUN as hell to play as. He may become one of my mains. His design, moveset, animations everything about him is perfect. The story mode cutscene was hype even if that vocal track sounded pretty cheesy and horrible (like worse than any Sonic vocal track at least those are cheesy fun). The rest of the direct was pretty boring, spirits mode looks insanely weak tbh like a mobile game. Also the assist trophy massacre this game has been pretty brutal. R.I.P. Krystal, Black Knight, Spring-Man, Waluigi, Isaac...you died so Piranha Plant could get in the game.

So my final opinion on the roster goes like this...

Fantastic - :ultkrool::ultridley::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultwolf:

Meh - :ultken::ultdaisy::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Terrible - :ultpiranha:

So to me that is sure hell of a lot better than the Smash 4 Roster to me. I'm so excited for December 7th! (Also as a side-note Yoshi's final Smash may be my favorite final Smash in the entire game)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77160319
I don’t know if this has been discussed yet, but it looks like Vergeben has said some things about DLC.
Possibly a Dragon Quest character, Steve from Minecraft, and a character from Granblue.
Seriously? We just found out about 5 characters, and now we already have three of them leaked? Can these leakers not shut the **** up for a bit?

Also, WTF is Granblue and why is that going to make us buy a character from it?
Spiky eared Pichu is an alt. I am content.
Really?
Team Skull Pichu is an alt!
YYESSSS THE BEST TEAM!
REALLY? Where are these images?!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77160319
I don’t know if this has been discussed yet, but it looks like Vergeben has said some things about DLC.
Possibly a Dragon Quest character, Steve from Minecraft, and a character from Granblue.
Yes, this has been discussed.

All day in fact. Like, we stop talking about it and then another person who didn't read the thread brings it up and we talk about it again.

Also Spawn Wave is hinting Sora and he's gotten a lot of stuff correct so I'm going to believe him over LeakyPandy who's hinting a Dragon Quest character and has gotten nothing right.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Seriously? We just found out about 5 characters, and now we already have three of them leaked? Can these leakers not shut the **** up for a bit?

Also, WTF is Granblue and why is that going to make us buy a character from it?

Really?

REALLY? Where are these images?!
Dude none of them have definitively leaked. Chill dude.

D

Deleted member

So, uh...

Anyone got videos of Luigi's and Wario's alts? Footage of Luigi's grab would be good too...

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Which is good. A lot of the arguments are often pretty bad to begin with. A character is a character, and has potential to be in.

There's a difference between making an argument that it'll never happen and one that is "unlikely".
Exactly
The Sonic Twitter; the only quality content left in regards to Sonic :troll:.
I would say the Sonic Boom Show is still there...but I think the show ended...well there’s Mania and Smash
:ultpiranha:: Hid in his pot. It was uneffective.

:ultjigglypuff:: She sung to some characters, letting them be asleep for their presumably very painfull death.

:ultmegaman:: Actually dodged a few, but he ultimately failed.

Some characters that aren't in because why not

Bandana Dee: Attemped to shield :ultkingdedede:

Marx: Split in half, hopefully absorbing them into a black hole. It failed, and he did the Marx Soal scream as he died.

Grovyle: Tried to use the Time Gears to slow time for easier dodging. He failed.

Maxwell: Applied the "invincible" adjective to himself. He actually survived, but was flung very far away.

Kellam: Stood there, terrified. Not a single one even attempted to hit him.
:ultpiranha: got to Smash after everyone already died...but bothers to do nothing
Confession: I literally only knew K.rool existed because of the cartoon.
same...but only cause I suck at DKC games
not the same

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Granblue/Katalina being a dlc character imo would be as literally who as they get and a hype dud. But, the point of adding her would be to un-who her, so it sounds reasonable.

On another note :ultincineroar: having a Big skin is hilarious and :ultridley:s silver meta ridley skin is badass

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm glad people are hyped for my boi's Final Smash...
Hype as heck man.
I'm super late to the party but I thought the direct was mediocre as hell. Piranha Plant I think has a fantastic moveset and he looks fun to play, too bad the "character" itself I'm not a fan of. It literally changed Smash Ultimate from "Everyone is here!" to "Anyone can be here!" I've said it before and I'll say it again I hated how Snake and Cloud opened the floodgates for 3rd party characters that have very little history to Nintendo. I feel the same way about Piranha Plant, now any old random mook can be added and no matter how fun the moveset looks that can't change my mind about "characters" like him being added.

Ken is expected and plays exactly how you would expect him to play pretty boring. Now THIS ************ :ultincineroar: looks INCREDIBLE! I'm not a big Pokemon fan and I'm always indifferent to Pokemon being added to Smash but this one looks FUN as hell to play as. He may become one of my mains. His design, moveset, animations everything about him is perfect. The story mode cutscene was hype even if that vocal track sounded pretty cheesy and horrible (like worse than any Sonic vocal track at least those are cheesy fun). The rest of the direct was pretty boring, spirits mode looks insanely weak tbh like a mobile game. Also the assist trophy massacre this game has been pretty brutal. R.I.P. Krystal, Black Knight, Spring-Man, Waluigi, Isaac...you died so Piranha Plant could get in the game.

So my final opinion on the roster goes like this...

Fantastic - :ultkrool::ultridley::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultwolf:

Meh - :ultken::ultdaisy::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Terrible - :ultpiranha:

So to me that is sure hell of a lot better than the Smash 4 Roster to me. I'm so excited for December 7th! (Also as a side-note Yoshi's final Smash may be my favorite final Smash in the entire game)
Dont really see why characters with little history with Nintendo is a bad thing. And honestly, I thought it was quite obvious Pihrahna Plant was just a joke character. Doesn’t mean we’re getting Plugg in here.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So, Vergeben is saying SE rep is the first DLC and we're getting Minecraft content eventually, he can't say it's for sure Steve DLC but he says it's likely

Meanwhile he reports another leaker has heard it's definitely Steve DLC and vergeben seems to trust them, they also report on the Grandblue rep

And one other guy who is a lot less credible according to Verg leaked that the SE rep may be Dragon Quest. Not even Verg seems to hold much faith in that so I still think Sora has a decent shot

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm watching the trailer for World of Light again and holy **** it's way more hilarious the more I watch it

Especially Shulk's reaction to his vision

*turns around* UNH :ultshulk:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How do we know the “Minecraft content” isn’t a spirit we haven’t seen yet?
Cause like. Minecraft is HUGE. I feel we'd have been shown it beforehand like how we saw Shantae as a Spirit. You don't want to go "Oh by the way I guess I forgot to mention we got one of the biggest names in the industry to make a deal with us and we also didn't and won't acknowledge it until release"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, Vergeben is saying SE rep is the first DLC and we're getting Minecraft content eventually, he can't say it's for sure Steve DLC but he says it's likely

Meanwhile he reports another leaker has heard it's definitely Steve DLC and vergeben seems to trust them, they also report on the Grandblue rep

And one other guy who is a lot less credible according to Verg leaked that the SE rep may be Dragon Quest. Not even Verg seems to hold much faith in that so I still think Sora has a decent shot
That leaves two more slots. Who. Will. It. Be!? Hoping Elma and Banjo are the last two. Sadly at this point I really don't think Black Shadow, Leon Powalski, Medusa and Nightmare are getting in.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Because Vergeben previously stated that he heard "stage," "assist trophy," and "'possibly' a character;" since he's not sure what it is, he just says "content."

Plus, wouldn't they have shown off the Spirit during the Direct?
Verg also recently went on to answer someone asking him if maybe the minecraft content in base was a spirit. If i recall correctly he said it was possible

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom