• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Fate/Grand Order vs. Idolm@ster vs. Granblue

Which cancerous Japanese Gashapon will infect Smash first?
I kinda think Fate can be counted out.

Fate doesn't....really ever step outside of its comfort zone, hell, unlike Granblue which has collabs with video games(Persona 5 had a Granblue collab), anime, etc.... Fate collabs with.... itself.

D

Deleted member

Fate/Grand Order vs. Idolm@ster vs. Granblue

Which cancerous Japanese Gashapon will infect Smash first?
Can we take the Madoka gacha game instead? Even if Homura's not playable in that so I still lose

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Cause like. Minecraft is HUGE. I feel we'd have been shown it beforehand like how we saw Shantae as a Spirit. You don't want to go "Oh by the way I guess I forgot to mention we got one of the biggest names in the industry to make a deal with us and we also didn't and won't acknowledge it until release"
"Yup it's him Steve from minecraft is a Spirit!" :bobomb:

Ezegengar15

Smash Rookie
I'm watching the trailer for World of Light again and holy **** it's way more hilarious the more I watch it

Especially Shulk's reaction to his vision

*turns around* UNH :ultshulk:
I was felling really bad for the characters dying, but then i saw snake trying to hide
Goddammit Sakurai!!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Fate doesn't....really ever step outside of its comfort zone, hell, unlike Granblue which has collabs with video games(Persona 5 had a Granblue collab), anime, etc.... Fate collabs with.... itself.
Y'know what.
That's right.

Fate is a black hole of injokes and self-parody.
it's practically it's own little universe.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So, Vergeben is saying SE rep is the first DLC and we're getting Minecraft content eventually, he can't say it's for sure Steve DLC but he says it's likely

Meanwhile he reports another leaker has heard it's definitely Steve DLC and vergeben seems to trust them, they also report on the Grandblue rep

And one other guy who is a lot less credible according to Verg leaked that the SE rep may be Dragon Quest. Not even Verg seems to hold much faith in that so I still think Sora has a decent shot
Do you mean LeakyPandy, who has never gotten a single claim of their's correct?

It's laughable that they keep trying.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Dante and a Trax from Kirby. Or from Trax

I never considered Dante being DLC until after Kencineroar but (and correct me if I'm wrong) seeing as how the Dante leaker's DMC info still hasn't been debunked, it's entirely possible

Am currently functioning on SE rep, Steve, Grandblue, and Dante as the most likely dlcs

Do you mean LeakyPandy, who has never gotten a single claim of their's correct?

It's laughable that they keep trying.
Yeah, again, even Verg doesn't trust it, he just felt it was worth mentioning since Leaky did in fact know a SE dlc was happening.

Either way I think Sora, DQ, and Geno are the most likely reps we'll be getting (in that order)

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
For Monster Hunter, just use the titular Monster Hunter with the flagship Rathalos armor. It's what Capcom advertises in literally everysingle one.
Ehhhh, who's to say they don't just want bvb to stick with that for Mii costumes?

I think Capcom may want an actual character for representation in Smash Ultimate. Someone like Phoenix Wright or Dante, perhaps? Preferably the former.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to drop something real quick. Let's take a look at this game's roster. First of all, of course this game has every fighter in Smash history, but I wanted to show all the characters in this game that was NOT in Smash 4. Keep in mind that even Melee and Brawl characters probably require a good bit of work to bring back (especially guests & Melee characters):
  1. Dark Samus
  2. Daisy
  3. Ice Climbers
  4. Pichu
  5. Young Link
  6. Chrom
  7. Snake
  8. Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur in particular)
  9. Wolf
  10. Ken
  11. Inkling
  12. Ridley
  13. Simon
  14. Richter
  15. King K. Rool
  16. Isabelle
  17. Incineroar
Not the mention the amount of updates to existing characters in Smash 4. Various characters get completely new models and or moves (example: Link is now BOTW Link, Ganondorf has his OoT look back and new sword moves, etc).

Please note that Sakurai clearly stated that the reason why he brought every character in past games back is because he felt "it's want the fans wanted" and specific newcomers like King K. Rool and Ridley was -- of course -- added because the fans wanted them.

The fact that we get 17 characters that weren't in Smash 4 (18 if you count Squirtle and Ivysaur separately) is already good, but finally getting some of the most requested characters AND getting the entire Smash 4 roster also with absolutely no cuts makes this roster insane. Add character updates on top of that. At a roster standpoint, this truly is the Ultimate Smash.

I find it disappointing that Isaac, Shadow, Skull Kid, etc, are Assists. I find it disappointing that the whole Grinch leak in general was fake. However, just because I find it to be disappointing doesn't mean that I think the roster is bad or that Sakurai owes me or the entire Smash community anything, because I don't.

I've already made it clear about how I feel about the roster, Grinch leak, and Sakurai above. Now the point I'm trying to get to here is this: since yesterday, across this site and Reddit I've seen some people claim that Sakurai doesn't care about the Smash community and to make up for Piranha Plant, he will have to make all 5 remaining DLC characters "perfect" (by whatever standards they have, which I'm assuming are standards for the wrong reasons). If you don't like the newcomers for whatever reason, or the fact that certain characters have been deconfirmed as DLC, that's okay. Even if you don't care for all characters coming back, or if you don't want to buy the game anymore, that's okay. Pretending like Sakurai owes you something is not okay. Pretending like Sakurai doesn't care for his fans even though multiple major decisions for this game were made with fans in-mind is not okay. Acting like a drama queen and pretending like that game is ruined is not okay. Again, these things are not okay. They only make you look like a whiny b****.

Sorry for the long post and mini-rant, and I know that a lot of the discussion here seems to have switched to DLC speculation and post-Direct memes, but I only made one (and a very small) post after the Direct so I just kinda wanted to clarify and give my stance on some of this stuff that's been happening in the past 24 hours or so. I look forward to future speculation, new content announcements for the game, but more importantly... the game's launch. Can't wait to play this!

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Saki’s no longer an assist trophy, just throwing that out there.

Him and Geno are my two biggest picks for DLC characters now.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ehhhh, who's to say they don't just want bvb to stick with that for Mii costumes?

I think Capcom may want an actual character for representation in Smash Ultimate. Someone like Phoenix Wright or Dante, perhaps? Preferably the former.
Who's to say they won't do that for every character?
Anyway, what Capcom decides is good enough for their 3rd rep will be up to them. My point's that obviously the rep for the Monster Hunter franchise would be the Monster Hunter.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

What's this? Persona 5 collaborating with Granblue? Cygames negotiating with Nintendo for a Granblue character in Smash?

Will it come full circle so we get Joker in Smash???
1497720590789.gif

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
That leaves two more slots. Who. Will. It. Be!? Hoping Elma and Banjo are the last two. Sadly at this point I really don't think Black Shadow, Leon Powalski, Medusa and Nightmare are getting in.
Hopes: Elma and Tap Trial Girl
Expectations: Elma and Ryu Hayabusa

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I never considered Dante being DLC until after Kencineroar but (and correct me if I'm wrong) seeing as how the Dante leaker's DMC info still hasn't been debunked, it's entirely possible

Am currently functioning on SE rep, Steve, Grandblue, and Dante as the most likely dlcs
I'd be hype as hell for Dante. I have no idea why gets some flak, but it is what is.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Who's to say they won't do that for every character?
Anyway, what Capcom decides is good enough for their 3rd rep will be up to them. My point's that obviously the rep for the Monster Hunter franchise would be the Monster Hunter.
Well who else is there from that franchise??

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I have a feeling we're going to end up with another Smash 4 DLC situation where the only Nintendo newcomer is a bizarre pick (Corrin/Pirahna Plant) and the rest is third-parties of varying fame. Emphasis on varying because a gacha phone game character and Bayonetta do not compare with Cloud/Ryu/Steve at all.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'll admit even I'd be really miffed if we got a Granblu character, and I have a lot of tolerance for confusing or niche character picks. Isn't it some mobile gacha game? No thank you. This may come off as awfully elitist of me, but I games because they're games, not because I like slot-machine simulators with nothing else to do but grind all the time like most of my experience with gacha has been so far. Although in all fairness I've never tried Granblu so maybe it's different, but I'm still really skeptical of it.

I'm still getting the fighters pass no matter who gets revealed anyway though, so it's not like I'll have any right to throw a fit over it if it does happen. I'll just be really disappointed.

Ezegengar15

Smash Rookie

OMG getting Dante from the Devil May Cry Series ® will make me so ****ING HAPPY after this dissapointment that this direct was
But, how can they implement all of his moveset in Smash, MvC3 and infinite did a good job, but Smash only have 4 specials, except they pull a Palutena

Shroob

Sup?
What's this? Persona 5 collaborating with Granblue? Cygames negotiating with Nintendo for a Granblue character in Smash?

Will it come full circle so we get Joker in Smash???
View attachment 175144
Y'know what.
That's right.

Fate is a black hole of injokes and self-parody.
it's practically it's own little universe.

Granblue loves collabing with anything that will let it.

It's done it with Persona 5
It's done it with Street Fighter 5
It's done it with Tales Of
And plenty of other games and anime

When I can show you this image, you understand just how much **** it collabs with on the regular:

Untitled.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
OMG getting Dante from the Devil May Cry Series ® will make me so ****ING HAPPY after this dissapointment that this direct was
But, how can they implement all of his moveset in Smash, MvC3 and infinite did a good job, but Smash only have 4 specials, except they pull a Palutena
Well if you're wondering how they'd implement Dante's moveset in Smash, they already have.
In PSASBR.

Granted, that is the Donte version, but he basically copies normal Dante 1:1 just with his own weapons.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what's with all this Ryu Hayabusa lately? Up until the announcement of 5 DLC characters no one was really talking about him.

Just curious because honestly I'd be down for him honestly. It'd be fun to have another ninja character alongside :ultgreninja:and:ultsheik:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom