• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I would say replace Heihachi with Lloyd Irving and I'd say that's pretty believable.
Nah, I think a Tekken rep is more likely, cause Tekken is Namco Bandai's signature franchise. My question is, Harada said Heihachi will be retired after Tekken 7, so who would be the Tekken rep? Kazuya, Jin, Nina, or god please, King.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
People are just mad because all the hype they put into a fake leak ended up biting them in the butt. It didn't matter what character was shown they would have been disappointed because they didn't get Isaac, Geno, or Banjo. That's exactly why people said to hype responsibly. It's 2018 and people are pretty damn good at photoshop... If it's too good to be true, then it probably is. Its funny how a couple of characters somehow kill the entire game and cause people to cancel preorders lol. I know the game is made for children in mind but you don't have to act like one. Piranha Plant was an interesting addition. For all we know that was Sakurai's choice for his own character he liked.
:happysheep:

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Looking forward to Dante being revealed at the VGA's!

hopefully

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Off topic but..

Imagine Brie Larson as Samus for a new Metroid movie. That would be sick!

Hopefully there IS a Metroid Movie!
I'd prefer this over Illumination's Mario movie tbh. I like Brie Larson as an actress and think she could pull off Samus. And since the Alien franchise has been running itself into the ground as of late, I'm all for some new sci-fi movies in that same vein.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Honestly I wouldn't be nearly as upset with a Dragalia Lost rep over a Granblue rep, at least that is even 1% related to Nintendo.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I want to give my opinions on the newcomers since I pretty much hated every single newcomer from Smash Wii U/3DS.

:ultinkling: 8/10: I don't care about splatoon much, but they definitely have a fun moveset and they are a good part of Nintendo history. I wouldn't want them anyway other way. Perfect representation of their game and characters.

:ultdaisy: 6/10: I really do not like the fact she is a clone, but it's better than nothing...I also can't see her having many differences to Peach. Her versus the other echoes, she seems like a lack of work echo. Also a certain person made me really REALLY hate the character, much like how I hope I never see Waluigi again after his "fans" ruined him for me.

:ultridley: 10/10: I've been waiting for this boy for years now. What an amazing gift that we got. I love his violent moves and they really made Ridley feel more than just a mindless beast. He looks and feels violent but with control. His size was perfect too!

:ultsimon:/:ultrichter: 9/10: I never got into Castlevania until a few years ago. I wasn't sure how they would be able to put Simon in the game, but by gosh did they do a fantastic job. I cannot wait to try out both Richter and Simon.

:ultkrool: 10/10: He was my most wanted character for years...I remember when Brawl was coming out, The King was all I wanted. Smash 4 failed me, and I did not expect him for this game. But when he showed up, I screamed. So many years of waiting and I finally got my dream character.

:ultchrom: 7/10: I wanted him in Smash 4. It's Roy! What can I say? I like they tried to make him slightly different.

:ultdarksamus: 7/10: The little changes is what makes me excited. I am very excited to try her out. I absolutely LOVE how different her animations are.

:ultisabelle: 8/10: I normally could give a rats *** about Animal Crossing. I enjoy the game but I don't obsess over it much like a majority of the Internet. I was so sure she would be a massive echo of the Villager but, hey color me impressed, they did a decent job with making her much more different.

:ultken: 8/10: I like Ryu and Ken looks really fun to play as....even kind of being just a faster Ryu. Not much I can say but I love the fact they added him in.

:ultincinceroar:10/10: This is the shocking one for me. It's the character I never knew I wanted. Let me start by saying I absolutely HATE Pokémon after Diamond and Pearl. I think they game became something it shouldn't and they added in a ton of details that I could care less about. Designs absolutely suck IMO. But Holy CRAP do I love incineroar's design and especially what they did for him in this game. He doesn't even remind me of a Pokémon character. This is SO SO SO much better than The Grass Owl would of been.

:ultpiranha: 7/10 I have no clue what to even think about this guy. But It's free and it's fun. That to me is important. I welcome it with open arms.
#facts

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can I just say....

The Grinch leak was the worst thing to ever happen to the Smash fanbase.

Here's why...

It raised expectations waaaaaaaaay too high which soured what would have been a perfectly fine direct
It tore the fanbase apart. Team real and team fake were absolutely unbearable and I pray that we never get teams like that again
It created an influx of new users, many of whom were nice but most of them were assholes (and left as soon as it was wrong)

The whole thing was a **** show. I hope nothing like it happens again.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Honestly, I'd say we're likely getting two Fighter Passes. Fighter Pass 1 is to test the waters, and people are going to swarm it like bees to honey.

Fighter Pass 1 is already decided, and here's who I'd say we're getting:
  • Sora
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Steve
  • Monster Hunter/Phoenix Wright
  • Joker
Maybe replace Joker or Monster Hunter/Phoenix Wright with Bandana Dee.

Fighter Pass 2 though, could see a lot more fan requested characters and promotional characters. I'd imagine something like:
  • Isaac
  • Tails
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Rex & Pyra
  • Edelgard
Maybe replace one of these with Waluigi for the memes.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Can I just say....

Here's why...

It raised expectations waaaaaaaaay too high which soured what would have been a perfectly fine direct
It tore the fanbase apart. Team real and team fake were absolutely unbearable and I pray that we never get teams like that again
It created an influx of new users, many of whom were nice but most of them were ******** (and left as soon as it was wrong)

Here is my long, well-planned rebuttal:

Pre-patch/post-patch Smash 4 Bayonett
Brawl Meta Knight
Project M getting canned
No echo for Yoshi

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'd prefer this over Illumination's Mario movie tbh. I like Brie Larson as an actress and think she could pull off Samus. And since the Alien franchise has been running itself into the ground as of late, I'm all for some new sci-fi movies in that same vein.
I don't know man, I feel like Metroid isn't the type of movie that would work as live action. I think it's better as a high quality 3D animation. Trying to make it look "real" just makes it harder to do cool stuff.

D

Deleted member

I find the chance of getting Banjo, Crash and Sora in the first DLC pass possible.

Banjo and Sora because of the huge demand and popularity, and Crash for the points that i shared.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'd say we're likely getting two Fighter Passes. Fighter Pass 1 is to test the waters, and people are going to swarm it like bees to honey.

Fighter Pass 1 is already decided, and here's who I'd say we're getting:
  • Sora
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Steve
  • Monster Hunter/Phoenix Wright
  • Joker
Maybe replace Joker or Monster Hunter/Phoenix Wright with Bandana Dee.

Fighter Pass 2 though, could see a lot more fan requested characters and promotional characters. I'd imagine something like:
  • Isaac
  • Tails
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Rex & Pyra
  • Edelgard
Maybe replace one of these with Waluigi for the memes.
Psst Rayman,

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the purpose of what we're considering, an Atlus rep from those series of games, absolutely. I would think Joker from P5 would be the pick to represent the series.
Plus there haven't been any phantom thieves yet. Sly Cooper is impossible, so Joker's the next best thing.

Yes, I know Wario was a phantom thief once, but that doesn't count.

Unfortently Isaac is not going to be DLC.

He is an AT right now.

Shantae is a spirit as well.
Spirits are a "maybe, maybe not" case like trophies (although given Rayman in Smash 4, I wouldn't be surprised if it remains a "better luck next time" case).

ATs though, yeah, pretty hard disconfirmation, so the rule of "no AT promotions in the same Smash entry they debuted in" is still in place for now.

Can I just say....

Here's why...

It created an influx of new users, many of whom were nice but most of them were ******** (and left as soon as it was wrong)

Yeah, people would have been pleasantly surprised by a few things otherwise. At least I stayed on Team HMM.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I wish there was a second Fighter Ballot.. But I imagine they're holding that off until they need ideas for Season 3.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Can I just say....

Here's why...

Can I print this and distribute it as a pamphlet?

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Probably a very small minority.
Hey! Geno is one of the most iconic gaming icons OF ALL TIME!!!! Super Mario RPG sold loads and is one of the greatest SNES titles ever! He is also more iconic than other potential third parties.

/s

No offence to Geno fans, but these are some arguments I have genuinley seen for some reason.

D

Deleted member

Thank god that i was indifferent with both Kencineroar and Grinch.

Besides the Plant, i love the base roster as a whole.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Can I just say....

Here's why...

Also they smelled bad :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The good thing about Grinch was the transition from ****posts about him to ****posts about Little Shop Of Horrors.

Graizen

Smash Champion
A Question for you guys:

Do you think that a DLC for Steve and Sora (or other Square Enix rep)...

...would make the chances for Banjo and Geno get bigger?

Maybe 2 DLC for Microsoft and 2 DLC for Square Enix?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Project M getting canned
On the other hand, Doki Doki Literature Club got born as a result.

I wish there was a second Fighter Ballot.. But I imagine they're holding that off until they need ideas for Season 3.
Seems likely. I just hope they specifically point it out should that happen, don't want to be burned like last time.

D

Deleted member

A Question for you guys:

Do you think that a DLC for Steve and Sora (or other Square Enix rep)...

...would make the chances for Banjo and Geno get bigger?

Maybe 2 DLC for Microsoft and 2 DLC for Square Enix?
Banjo is one of the four most popular picks in Japan for the DLC alongside Crash, Geno and Sora.

I can see them happening.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I've been off for a few days due to Piranha Plant (who, I'm starting to warm up to a little bit due to the meme aspect of it). Did they say there's actually going to be more than just the current 5 DLC sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom