• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The post I quoted in question was in direct response to somebody else's post that was talking about my reaction to PP.
Okay. So why was one of my posts quoted if that’s the case? You got something you want to say me?

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sora DLC, for all intents and purposes, might as well kill Geno's chances. Hypothetically Geno's chances increase, as another bar to his entry is gone, but he's still got a long line to go through (Dragon Quest and Lara Croft), and Sakurai likely wouldn't go for two SE characters. Geno has likely already been denied at least once (if not twice or even three times), so his chances are already low.

Steve is a different case though, as I can imagine Microsoft being enthusiastic to work with Nintendo again. Sakurai would maybe go for Banjo as well due to his popularity, so I'd say its possible.
That's a fair assessment.

In any case, I'm all for Sora now, so bring it. I don't care if he comes without the mouse.

Eh, I kinda predicted they weren't going to add a ton of them just because they can. Plus, they still need work, so dunno why they would make them free.
In a way, this makes me happy, since cases like Ms. Pac-Man would benefit nicely from being a semi-Echo.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Spain demo coming in hot with balance changes for characters!

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ead_info_coming_in/?utm_source=reddit-android

They um...nerfed Luigi and Bowser JR hard :(

But Duck Hunt got huge buffs and game and watch got a reflector, at least?

Oh, apparently verge is talking about DLC and it's um...really bad, but no source on where he said it. But it's gaining traction.

Steve, Katalina, SE rep
It's B.S.

Lemme clarify why:

Vergeben has only stated 2 things.
- There is a Square Enix rep
- There is Minecraft "content"

Hitagi, a source Vergeben "trusts" says 2 things.
- Katalina from Granblue Fantasy
- Steve from Minecraft

Are DLC.

HOWEVER, Vergeben has never backed those claims. He doesn't know about Steve or Katalina being anything.

We can assume, if true, this means:
- An SE character
- Minecraft character/content
- Possible Granblue character/content.

The last two could be characters, or they could just be Mii costumes/music. Maybe they don't exist at all anymore. Hitagi does not have a track record for Smash, only other games.

I'd wait before getting disappointed over something like this.

So no, Vergeben didn't confirm the other 2.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
If this rumor is true, they better make Senjougahara the first playable anime character, she could be the first character who fights with stationary. :troll:

Potato_

Smash Lord

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ead_info_coming_in/?utm_source=reddit-android

Oh, apparently verge is talking about DLC and it's um...really bad, but no source on where he said it. But it's gaining traction.

Steve, Katalina, SE rep
ROBIN BUFFS HOLY JESUS.

THANK YOU NINTENDO.

Not very enthused with the Bowser Jr. nerfs since he was my other main, but I will take the Robin changes.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I still don’t believe Vergeben tbh since he never got K.Rool and apparently he’s about this Minecraft stuff for like... before E3? It be too dumb for him to be like “I PREDICTED IT BEFORE SAKURAI SAID THERE WAS NO PLANS FOR DLC”.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Steve, Katalina, SE rep
I think it's fine. Any SE rep would be cool, Steve can be really interesting, Katalina might bring something new and we'd have salt that would last for a lifetime.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
So I haven't read any recent posts, but how are people feeling about a Granblue character potentially being DLC, particularly Katalina? I'd be totally down for that, but I can't help but feel like people would be upset because she's a literally who 3rd party and another anime swordfighter.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I still don’t believe Vergeben tbh since he never got K.Rool and apparently he’s about this Minecraft stuff for like... before E3? It be too dumb for him to be like “I PREDICTED IT BEFORE SAKURAI SAID THERE WAS NO PLANS FOR DLC”.
You... don't believe him?

>Gets Snake, Wolf, IC returning right
>No cuts from Smash 4
>Ridley, Simon, Isabelle, Ken, and Incineroar right
>Nothing wrong

>Didn't mention certain characters

"HES A FAKE!"

A lack of information does not make someone a fake.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I haven't read any recent posts, but how are people feeling about a Granblue character potentially being DLC, particularly Katalina? I'd be totally down for that, but I can't help but feel like people would be upset because she's a literally who 3rd party and another anime swordfighter.
I still barely know what the heck a Granblue is, so I won't give my thoughts until (if) I see her.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Untouch

Smash Master
Steve makes sense to me, I don't want him but he does make sense.
Katalina doesn't make sense to me, doesn't have nearly the reach in the west and the only connection to Nintendo is that they own 5% of the company.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I wish theyd do what Injustice 2 did and baited us speculators with silhouettes of the first season..

Graizen

Smash Champion
It's B.S.

Lemme clarify why:

Vergeben has only stated 2 things.
- There is a Square Enix rep
- There is Minecraft "content"

Hitagi, a source Vergeben "trusts" says 2 things.
- Katalina from Granblue Fantasy
- Steve from Minecraft

Are DLC.

HOWEVER, Vergeben has never backed those claims. He doesn't know about Steve or Katalina being anything.

We can assume, if true, this means:
- An SE character
- Minecraft character/content
- Possible Granblue character/content.

The last two could be characters, or they could just be Mii costumes/music. Maybe they don't exist at all anymore. Hitagi does not have a track record for Smash, only other games.

I'd wait before getting disappointed over something like this.

So no, Vergeben didn't confirm the other 2.
The DLC packs are : Character + Stage + Musics

Understand that please.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Katalina doesn't make sense to me, doesn't have nearly the reach in the west and the only connection to Nintendo is that they own 5% of the company.
You’re absolutely right and you should say it because I still don’t believe the particular source that Vergeben has to be completely honest. Unless if that same person is the one who leaked the rest of the roster for Smash Ultimate I can be inclined not to believe him. It could literally be another loz18

Okay. So why was one of my posts quoted if that’s the case? You got something you want to say me?
Look, this is completely embarrassing, but I realize now I might have taken your post out of context. Rereading your post, it seems now that when you were saying "Surprisingly, that's not the most ridiculous thing I've seen in the Smash community," you weren't directly calling me ridiculous.

TLDR; I misunderstood your post as saying somthing malicious that it actually wasn't, I erred big time. Please disregard what I said to you earlier.

Last edited:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Since when did having reach in the west have any relevance? Marth and Roy were Japan-only characters. Not to mention we've gotten characters that had a ton of reach in the west but were literally whos in Japan (Little Mac).

Untouch

Smash Master
Since when did having reach in the west have any relevance? Marth and Roy were Japan-only characters. Not to mention we've gotten characters that had a ton of reach in the west but were literally whos in Japan (Little Mac).
They also weren't DLC, the Smash 4 DLC outside of Corrin was very popular iconic characters that were recognizable worldwide, Sora and Steve fit that bill.

Untouch

Smash Master
PapaGenos did get stuff right, even if what he said about the grinch leak was wrong, he pretty accurately leaked what Spirits mode was.
If we are to trust his Microsoft source that Banjo is in, I have a feeling that Minecraft is only a stage and Banjo is a character in the same pack.
We'll see though.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
"surely"
What we know now is that the DLC packs are : Character + Stage + Musics
And we knew exactly that in smash 4 yet Mii Fighter packs were randomly announced after the fact and put on the store page. You are assuming we won't anymore Mii fighter costumes after Rex? Lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Look, this is completely embarrassing, but I realize now I might have taken your post out of context. Rereading your post, it seems now that when you were saying "Surprisingly, that's not the most ridiculous thing I've seen in the Smash community," you weren't directly calling me ridiculous.

TLDR; I misunderstood your post as saying somthing malicious that it actually wasn't, I erred big time. Please disregard what I said to you earlier.
It’s fine dude. Just think more rationally next time when reading posts.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
lmao they nerfed Bowser Jr despite already being basically bottom tier

Doge and Birb look a bit better now with some nice buffs all around.

Diddy and Rosa still sound super scary wow. Luma comes back like 50% sooner wow

I'm curious what changes Bayo got after E3.

Also I know everyone is all "ra ra Sora" right now but what about Lara Croft? I think she's way more recognizable than Sora. (yes i know about spawn waves hints)

Untouch

Smash Master
lmao they nerfed Bowser Jr despite already being basically bottom tier

Doge and Birb look a bit better now with some nice buffs all around.

Diddy and Rosa still sound super scary wow. Luma comes back like 50% sooner wow

I'm curious what changes Bayo got after E3.

Also I know everyone is all "ra ra Sora" right now but what about Lara Croft? I think she's way more recognizable than Sora. (yes i know about spawn waves hints)
Rosa is fine now, you can't attack with Luma if you're grabbed.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
If Katalina from Granblue gets in, I await the people that are gonna unknowingly think it's another Fire Emblem character.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
So if Steve is confirmed DLC and there happens to be no Minecraft content in Smash Ultimate... does that mean Geno is disconfirmed?

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
PapaGenos did get stuff right, even if what he said about the grinch leak was wrong, he pretty accurately leaked what Spirits mode was.
If we are to trust his Microsoft source that Banjo is in, I have a feeling that Minecraft is only a stage and Banjo is a character in the same pack.
We'll see though.
You know what, bait-and-switching people into thinking it's Steve and then revealing it's Banjo is EXACTLY the kind of thing I'd expect Sakurai to do. So if Steve and Banjo aren't BOTH coming, then it's likely that.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
If Katalina from Granblue gets in, I await the people that are gonna unknowingly think it's another Fire Emblem character.
Oh my goodness I didn't even think of that. She'd get even more hate NotLikeThis

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
>:ultluigi:nerfs
Is this a blood sacrifice for Luigi's Mansion 3?

Faster fireballs are nice, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club!
The game was developed in an estimated two-year period by a team led by Dan Salvato, known previously for his modding work for Super Smash Bros. Melee. According to Salvato, the inspiration for the game came from his mixed feelings toward anime, and a fascination for surreal and unsettling experiences.[4] Upon its release, Doki Doki Literature Club! received critical praise for its metafictional and horror elements, with PC Gamer calling it "one of the most surprising games of the year."[5]
Wait, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

You're pulling my leg, right? The creator is the same one for Project M?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom