• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's probably been iterated before, but all the DLC fighters have already been planned alongside the base roster. If I were to guess with the situation of the Mii Costumes, the certain timing of things, I can only see Sora, Heihachi and Banjo getting in, with Minecraft content being in lieu like the free updates we got for Smash For with Pirate Ship and Super Mario Maker.

If we were to have a Granblue character, Sakurai would've had to talk with them during 2015. Given their popularity status as an IP, even when we are talking about Japan, I don't think they have a shot, considering that other mobs games like THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls completely dwarfed Granblue, Puzzle & Dragons, and even Love Live! School Idol Festival.

Sora, Heihachi and Banjo make sense. Sora for obvious KH3 reasons, and he has pretty huge Nintendo history too. Banjo, obvious reasons, and ballot support, too. When I have free time, I wanna make a "Case for Heihachi," because I think he'll be a bigger reveal than when Ryu was revealed and cause a huge splash.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Howdy! Folks call me Noipoi! Welcome to the boards!

On another note, your post made me very, very sad.
Thank you for welcoming me and sorry I didn't mean to make anyone sad. Iv been researching today on who Square Enix's most likely candidate would be. This research is based on sales, character popularity, game popularity, future games and relations to Nintendo.

While I have no issue with Geno being in. Geno as a character outside of Smash requests. And him representing Square Enix as a company, I just don't see it. Super Mario RPG sales are less than Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger and Tomb Raider.

Also according to different polls outside of Smash bros. His character popularity is not as high as compared to other Square Enix characters. Hopefully Ill be wrong, perhaps in securing Geno. Nintendo can use him in the next Mario & Luigi RPG

Last edited:

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
What I see people are forgetting about is the fact that DLC comes with 1 character, 1 stage, and an unconfirmed amount of music.

There will be no echoes of DLC included and more than likely the stage will match with the characters' game. It will most likely and almost surely be themed just like it was in Smash 4. Wouldn't make sense any other way.

As badly as I want Banjo in , Im keeping my expectations in check. Realistically if there's unannounced Minecraft content getting in the game it's gotta either already be in the game and not shown to us (like a spirit or something) or it's gonna be a full DLC slot. It'll have to be a Minecraft character, stage, and music, not a mix between Minecraft and Banjo.

We'll see what happens but I advise everyone to keep their expectations in check.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The biggest ouch for me was the fact that trophies are completely gone. That’s undeniably the worst announcement they could have made imo.
I also have a lot of concern for the single player experience; the Spirits mode looks dreadfully repetitive, and the adventure mode... just looks like Spirits on a board from Smash Tour.
Lastly, the fact that they sank character development time into a Pirahna Plant was absolutely painful. And I hate Incineroar but I’m pretty much over that bridge.

That said, I’m not telling people they can’t like the new stuff. I’m just mad that people are blaming my grievances on “salt because the leak was fake” when I didn’t even believe the leak.
Honestly understandable. For me at least, I never cared for Trophies, and Sprits having actual perks is nice. And tbh World Of Light isn’t really Smash Tour, just looks like a map to me :p And for Pihrahana plant? It’s a new character I don’t care lol. Anyway, nice opinions! Nice to see someone who didn’t like the direct not fueled by salt :p

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Just saying, I expect Smash DLC this time to be released in seasons, with the first 5 characters being a part of season 1, and as I said, Sakurai never said ANYTHING about ATs becoming playable in Smash via DLC

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
NEW GAME!
Make a list of Five Characters who the door is now open to thanks to Robin's Final Smash that you'd like to see in Smash one day as dlc maybe.

For me its..

1. X
2. Proto Man
3. Bass (yeah yeah i like Mega Man OK)
4. Fiora
and 5. Shadow Mario (As an echo of mario but with Bowser Jr.s Final Smash)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Not too familiar on the whole Granblue/Katarina thing. Has it come out to the west at some point?
I seen the anime air on Crunchyroll last year, and that's getting an English dub this year. Not sure about the Western release of the mobile game though, but I seen screenshots of it from English users on Twitter lately.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So what happens if Robin is fighting Chrom? Does Chrom final smash himself?
If Female Robin is using the attack, then the Chrom she uses is her Chrom, and the Chrom fighting is Male Robin's Chrom.

If Male Robin is using the attack, then the Chrom he uses is his Chrom, and the Chrom fighting is Female Robin's Chrom.

If both Robins and Chrom are in the same match, then the Chrom fighting is the spirit of Chrom from the Future Past timeline, A.K.A., Lucina's Chrom.

This is the new headcanon. There are 3 Chroms in Smash, and they all trade off fighting positions when necessary.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Predictable in a sense I wouldn't be surprised to see king boo as a fighter. Not that I would think he's a likely addition.
Petey Piranha was predicted to be in Smash by this community far more than just piranha plant. Which had zero predictions.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Thank you for welcoming me and sorry I didn't mean to make anyone sad. Iv been researching today on who Square Enix's most likely candidate would be. This research is based on sales, character popularity, game popularity, future games and relations to Nintendo.

While I have no issue with Geno being in. Geno as a character outside of Smash requests. And him representing Square Enix as a company, I just don't see it. Super Mario RPG sales are less than Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger and Tomb Raider.

Also according to different polls outside of Smash bros. His character popularity is not as high as compared to other Square Enix characters. Hopefully Ill be wrong, perhaps in securing Geno. Nintendo can use him in the next Mario & Luigi RPG
Yeah, I guess that's true. Guess i'll throw in the Geno towel.

Don't mind me, i'll just be crying about my obscure game character...

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
NEW GAME!
Make a list of Five Characters who the door is now open to thanks to Robin's Final Smash that you'd like to see in Smash one day as dlc maybe.

For me its..

1. X
2. Proto Man
3. Bass (yeah yeah i like Mega Man OK)
4. Fiora
and 5. Shadow Mario (As an echo of mario but with Bowser Jr.s Final Smash)
1.Kumatora

That’s kinda it tbh

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Alright guys, I've got a theory on my hands.

In case you haven't noticed, it looks like they have shown off all of the Xenoblade music tracks.View attachment 175084

Now something interesting I've noticed is that there aren't any music tracks from Xenoblade X; now why is that?

Well we know that the DLC characters will be accompanied with multiple music tracks. What if Elma was planned for DLC, so they purposely saved the Xenoblade X music tracks for her DLC pack?

Another interesting thing to note is that we have not Elma as a Spirt, or any Xenoblade X characters as Spirits for that matter. The fact that we haven't seen a single reference to Xenoblade X whatsoever is suspicious to me, especially with the large number of Spirits that have been revealed.
Yeah, Elma feels like an obvious DLC pick.

Like I will be legit surprised if she's not here.

So SE/Steve/Katalina/Elma/???

Man those spots filled up fast

D

Deleted member

Or maybe Xenoblade X's music is bad lol.
I wouldn’t say it’s bad, but stylistically, it’s quite different from XB/XB2 music. The lyrics can also be a bit corny, but that adds to the charm. The absence of X music is strange, IMO.

D

Deleted member

Remember one thing: the DLC has to include something that will get as much people as possible to buy it.

A character that isn't a big deal outside the gaming comunity is probably scrapped because of that (unless it is used to promote a new game releasing, like Corrin).

That's why i see characters like Sora or Crash as a possibility: they are big outside of gaming too, and are picks that will track a lot of attention.

That's why Piranha Plant is a bonus: nobody outisde of gaming will care for it, and will check it at best for fun or some laughts.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious if people who preloaded the game onto their hacked switches are able to data mine content from the game. Or if the file is encrypted until launch.

Mods:If this type of discussion isn't allowed please delete this post.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Yeah, Elma feels like an obvious DLC pick.

Like I will be legit surprised if she's not here.

So SE/Steve/Katalina/Elma/???

Man those spots filled up fast
Combine that with what some people said and it’s likely to be
Sora/Steve/Katalina/Elma/???

So yeah...

Gosh I wish we had more dlc characters tbh

Graizen

Smash Champion
So , lets see, what good musics from Minecraft we will get?
(remixed or not)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My Season Pass 1 predictions:

1. Bandana Dee + Dream Palace (or another RtDl-SA stage)
2. Tails + Chemical Plant/Studiopolis
3. Geno + Bowser's Castle or Sora + KH Place
4. Banjo/Steve + Spiral Mountian/Minecraft
5. Another Nintendo character (Probably Elma) or Crash.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I seen the anime air on Crunchyroll last year, and that's getting an English dub this year. Not sure about the Western release of the mobile game though, but I seen screenshots of it from English users on Twitter lately.
I see, so it will get some western exposure soon? I was getting some mixed messages so I found it a bit odd that Sakurai would consider a potentially Japan only character for DLC of all things since he historically tends to hold back on those. He was planning to make Marth and Roy Japan exclusives and he apparently wouldn't have included Lucas had he known that his game wouldn't be localized. I think he even commented on Takamaru and Ayumi in regards to that at certain points too.

But alright. Guess we'll see how things will play out.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

This still impresses me. Not a surprise, but he was 1 of 4 characters (:ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultbayonetta:) who could even dodge those beams at all.

Well, Sonic could have, but we know what happened. I can't wait to play this! And, we have that Nintendo Live event tomorrow, if anyone's interested.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So , lets see, what good musics from Minecraft we will get?
(remixed or not)
Don't mine at Night.

1. Bandana Dee + Dream Fountion (or another RtDl-SA stage)
3. Geno + Bowser's Castle
5. Another Nintendo character (Probably Elma or Grovyle)
Probably Grovyle
Not too sure about that one, lad.

D

Deleted member

I would like to see Elma.

If we go with the popular picks in Japan, she can easily take the last spot that isn't taken by the popular requests there at the moment.

If Nintendo goes with her, they will have to market the character a lot. Let's hope for that.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
My overalls opinions:

-Ken is eh. Don't care too much for echo fighters.
-Incineroar seems alright, I didn't want him (mostly because my grass owl archer... Has he been seen as a spirit?). Probably will grow to like him more.
-If you can't buy the plant after the limited time is up, then that's alright. Otherwise, WHY?!
-Also, are they trying to turn all of Bowser's minions into Nintendo Minions? Seems to have a big focus on them in last few months.
-I feel like Assist Trophies showcase is basically like that part of the hunger games where they show all the tributes who were killed that day.
-So all they need to do is google image search for characters "spirits" now? I miss trophies. Also, this reaks of mobile gaming.
-World of Light cut scene broke my heart. The Pits being unable to help Palutena (cause she controls their ) as she tries to sacrifices herself for them. Sonic slowing down and reaching out to save Pikachu. The Inklings trying to hid in their puddle. The Duck trying to carry the dog, while the dog is trying to dig a hole. Should have had Captain Falcon and Falco bringing another character into their vehicle thought.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, id be super happy if Elma got in as DLC, but why do we think she's likely?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I dislike piranha plant I think we have too many mario characters. I'd rather Petey Piranha from sunshine something less obvious and predictable.
Ah, theeeeere's the revisionist history.

That took longer than I thought.

D

Deleted member

I'll be honest too: i love the fact that Ken got it.

We needed for once a good 3D model of him.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
If we do get Steve, I feel like Sakurai may through us a bone and give us a Banjo Mii costume as a Brawler skin, and maybe a Gruntilda one as a Swordfighter and Master Chief as a Gunner.

I'm not expecting it until we see proof of DLC costumes again but that might be his way of attempting to please the fans ala Rex and Smash 4 Geno.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

1. Bandana Dee + Dream Palace (or another RtDl-SA stage)
3. Geno + Bowser's Castle or Sora + KH Place
5. Another Nintendo character (Probably Elma) or Crash.
Very good predictions. :grin:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I’m gonna be real here, Steve doesn’t have that much brand appeal as literally any other thing in the game does. There’s not a lot of Steve merchandise compared to those of creepers and diamond swords... and people already make their own skins for Minecraft so nobody is really playing as Steve... though how much of a low blow would it be if Steve’s alts were Microsoft characters...
This just ain't true. Steve has tons of branded stuff. He's on tons of T-Shirts, more LEGO sets than the creeper, figures, and those masks they sell. There's like a billion different Steve figures from different companies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So since 3 out of 5 are already set. Don't waste your time on no hopes..
Vote and support the best character in all of gaming.. the Mystical Ninja himself..
GOEMON
and then we'd have an empty slot. You can have that for whomever :D

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Not to be a party pooper, but I'm not feeling Elma for DLC personally, imo it was base game or never for her, she was always going to depend a lot on relevancy, I don't see why they'd suddenly push XCX now.

Let's wait with all the theories about this or that missing until the game is out and we can actually confirm it, and even then they don't necessarily mean anything.

D

Deleted member

So since 3 out of 5 are already set. Don't waste your time on no hopes..
Vote and support the best character in all of gaming.. the Mystical Ninja himself..
GOEMON
and then we'd have an empty slot. You can have that for whomever :D
I miss the guy a bit.

I have to support Crash, but i will see if i can do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom