• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Its funny to think that there's probably not gonna be any spirits for FF characters

Cloud is very lonely in this world

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
With Vergeben doubling down on Minecraft content and the Square Enix rep...

DLC:

1) Sora or Geno
2) Steve? or Banjo-Kazooie
3) ???
4) ???
5) ???

Also, each DLC comes with "additional music tracks," so it may be more than one track each.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
To be honest, I was surprised that Verge was right about incienroar being in, AND he looks so good enough to be true.

LOOK AT HIS DAMN FUR, ITS SO WELL DETAILED. I think I'm starting to like this guy and will main him

also, is there way to buy fighter pass seperately without having to prepurchase the game on eshop? I already preordered the game on amazon.
Dude's rendered like he should be in Pokken. Either way, I'm glad Smash finally has a full-on wrestler.

Someone NEEDS to make a King/Armor King model swap though.

D

Deleted member

I say this with 100 percent sincerity. I love the fact that we get yet another story mode in Smash where it all comes down to Kirby to be the world's final shimmer of hope.

I love Kirby bias.

No irony. No sarcasm. Look at my avy...
Kirby being the sole survivor is the best gosh dang thing ever.

He saved everyone in Subspace, and now he's gonna save everyone in World of Light. Kirby confirmed best Nintendo character of all time, even better than Mario.

Last edited by a moderator:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Ok.. New theory.. What if the majority of the characters from the Grinch Leak were indeed all Assist Trophies? Isaac, Shadow, Skull Kid and look at the others alot of them look like they are totally assist trophies!

And KOS-MOS btw gives Elma a even better chance for dlc if this is true. #GiveElmaAChance

Last edited:

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
You know, now that I see it all listed out like this, I realize now that expecting "Stars" in Gen 7 and "Z" in Gen 6 was always wishful thinking.

They haven't released a single "Crystal/Yellow" style third game in a generation since 2000. Since Gen 3 they've realized they'll make more money by releasing a combo again instead.

Who's ready for Let's Go! Raichu and Let's Go! Sylveon?
Uh, Emerald and Platinum are exactly like Yellow and Crystal lol

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
honestly, you'd think reading my previous messages I'd be absolutely seething over this Direct but as soon as I saw that boxing ring, the Grinch just vanished from my mind and I entered a zen state and accepted whatever came after. I guess if Vergeben is now our new overlord because of this, the SE rep is gonna be DLC and will most likely be pretty much anyone but Geno. but, who knows? seriously though, I did not expect Piranha and now I think he's hilarious. I probably would have been angrier if the Mario spot got taken by, like, Waluigi or something, but this is so much better and funnier.

dude's gonna be up there with pac-man and game and watch in my gimmicky main crew.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Okay I've decided, as the Piranha Plant Posse is calling out to me.

I'm still maining Pichu but Piranha Plant will be joining him as a dual-main.

Sorry to all my waifus from Smash 4, you've been replaced by... the 69 flower.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
No.

Sakurai did NOT recreate the Shadow and Isaac ATs to "tide us over for DLC."

Being an AT is perhaps the only 100% official death blow for any character's viability as a fighter.

Stop getting your hopes up. Stop believing. The dream is dead for any AT. Accept it and move on, it'll make your life better.

This kind of wishful thinking is akin to the Tower of Smash cult devotees STILL believing it was possible after ESRB.

I mean, never say never but...it worries me people are so willing to try and get hope for their character this way. It's confirmation bias to the hilt.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Its funny to think that there's probably not gonna be any spirits for FF characters

Cloud is very lonely in this world
There might well be tho. It doesnt take much for an addition, and companies might enjoy more plug ins

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know, now that I see it all listed out like this, I realize now that expecting "Stars" in Gen 7 and "Z" in Gen 6 was always wishful thinking.

They haven't released a single "Crystal/Yellow" style third game in a generation since 2000. Since Gen 3 they've realized they'll make more money by releasing a combo again instead.

Who's ready for Let's Go! Raichu and Let's Go! Sylveon?
Did you miss Emerald and Platinum, staind? XD

Black 2 and White 2 were where they realised they'd make more money with Dual Sequels, not Emerald.

Untouch

Smash Master
I hope MTP is the "leaker" so he gets in massive legal **** from Marina, ACP and Eric Bricard.

D

Deleted member

Y'all remember how we had new stage updates back in the Wii U days for free, right? With Mario Maker and Pirate Ship? I'm probably betting that's gonna be a free update, a Minecraft stage.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
No.

Sakurai did NOT recreate the Shadow and Isaac ATs to "tide us over for DLC."

Being an AT is perhaps the only 100% official death blow for any character's viability as a fighter.

Stop getting your hopes up. Stop believing. The dream is dead for any AT. Accept it and move on, it'll make your life better.

This kind of wishful thinking is akin to the Tower of Smash cult devotees STILL believing it was possible after ESRB.

I mean, never say never but...it worries me people are so willing to try and get hope for their character this way. It's confirmation bias to the hilt.
Tell that to waluigi fans ;v

PeterMatthins

Smash Rookie
Who the hell is Kirby going to lose to honestly?

You seen this guy's final bosses

If they were IRL I'd be peeing in my pants right away

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
https://twitter.com/enterzalman/status/1058016026229702656

Also, last thing, but Incineroar is voiced by the late voice actor of Professor Oak/Old Joseph Joestar.... Ultimate is his final role ever probably.
Well, I don't hate Incineroar anymore. There are so many great, iconic characters he's voiced, I'm a big fan of the actor, and found it very sad when I found out he passed away. Incineroar being his final role, well, I can't dislike Incineroar anymore.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
To be honest, I was surprised that Verge was right about incienroar being in, AND he looks so good enough to be true.

LOOK AT HIS DAMN FUR, ITS SO WELL DETAILED. I think I'm starting to like this guy and will main him

also, is there way to buy fighter pass seperately without having to prepurchase the game on eshop? I already preordered the game on amazon.
Donkey Kong loses his fur detail, it had to go somewhere....

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
So uh, remember that guy who demanded we apologize to all the insiders who said the Grinch leak was fake?
Are we gonna do that or...?

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
I say this with 100 percent sincerity. I love the fact that we get yet another story mode in Smash where it all comes down to Kirby to be the world's final shimmer of hope.

I love Kirby bias.

No irony. No sarcasm. Look at my avy...
Right? I mean, can you blame Sakurai for using his own creation as the true hero? Lmao.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I don't think enough time has passed for people to think this is funny...

But I don't care. I'm posting it anyway.

Too soon, man, too soon.

I wasn't ever overly attached to Decidueye given he IS in Pokken, but he is my favorite of the Alola starters.

Oh well, good thing I'm not picky when it comes to Pokemon. Incineroar looks great. I just wish his arrival didn't BTFO my most wanted...

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Honestly let this be a lesson to everyone to check their ego at the door.

The sting wouldn't be so bad if there weren't literal threats of violence being flung around everywhere.

If you were right then congrats, you placed a bet and won nothing but some internet smug fuel. If you were wrong, oh well you backed the wrong horse in a race not worth watching.

We live in a world where a z-list Mario mook is our first DLC fighter. Be thankful you got to experience the utter insanity of Smash hype with us.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ok.. New theory.. What if the majority of the characters from the Grinch Leak were indeed all Assist Trophies? Isaac, Shadow, Skull Kid and look at the others alot of them look like they are totally assist trophies!

And KOS-MOS btw gives Elma a even better chance for dlc if this is true. #GiveElmaAChance
All Assist Trophies are on the website.

Only Shadow and Skull Kid (if mai boi Skull Kiddo was even in the leak to begin with) are Assist Trophies. KOS-MOS wasn't in the leak.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
i really hate that geno probably isnt even the square enix rep verge was talking about. this **** ****ing hurts lmao

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
With Vergeben doubling down on Minecraft content and the Square Enix rep...

DLC:

1) Sora or Geno
2) Steve? or Banjo-Kazooie
3) ???
4) ???
5) ???

Also, each DLC comes with "additional music tracks," so it may be more than one track each.
Personally I'm thinking a combination of Steve, Sora, Banjo, Dee, Dante, and Lloyd.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Kirby being the sole survivor is the best gosh dang thing ever.

He saved everyone in Subspace, and now he's gonna save everyone in World of Light. Kirby confirmed best Nintendo character of all time, even better than Mario.
I mean...Ive been saying that since Super Star/SNES...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom