• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Here's a fun question: Rather then how you would react, would the site become crashboards faster if the leak was real or fake?

Kaeltor

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else finding it hard to be hyped? The Grinch leak was way better than I expected for final roster, and Vergeben Kencineroar + Square rep is way worse than I expected. I'm feeling anxious instead of excited...
I'm just happy we can finally stop spinning wheels and get some new info/gameplay to analyze and discuss until release.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Is anyone else finding it hard to be hyped? The Grinch leak was way better than I expected for final roster, and Vergeben Kencineroar + Square rep is way worse than I expected. I'm feeling anxious instead of excited...
Nah, because personally as cool as the leak was none of them except Mach Rider and Chorus Kids were like even close to most-wanted for me. As amazing as the leaked roster is, I've made my peace and I feel like truly this is already the best roster ever so anyone they reveal will be a cool new character. Maybe that's Ken and Incineroar. Maybe that's, I don't know, Dante and Sans. Who knows? I just can't wait to find out more about this game and have a fun time playing it when I can.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Mini game time!

Post your list of no more than 10 characters. You'll score 10 points for each character that is shown tomorrow. Get @me with your results. Any posts containing an edit after the Direct starts will be disqualified. GO!

Rayman (Assist), Incineroar (DLC), Dixie Kong (DLC), Banjo-Kazooie, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Shadow, Ken, Isaac, Geno.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
OK, my predictions for the direct:

- Teamreal wins, but half of the characters in the Grinch leak are DLC

- Spirits mode is something completely different and not even called "Spirits"

- No SSE like mode

- None of the modes from Wii U/ 3DS return, cuz' Sakurai wants each Smash to stand on its own legs

- DLC support will be announced

- DLC includes characters and costumes

- 108 Stages is real

- Break the Targets is character specific and returns

Which is why Mario is not in :yoshi:
Mario!? Pffft just a plumber (boooooooring) from a dead franchise, plus he's an anime character (i think), no chance, get him outta here, bandwagon, pipedream character :p hyper combo, nailed it.
Alright, everyone. Direct's coming in nine hours.

Call your shots.
I'm calling... Young Link's Final Smash is revealed, i really hope it's Fierce Deity (or something epic involving a mask for some MM nod)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
RE: Sora not getting in Smash Bros. due to Disney.

Disney let Wreck-It-Ralph, a character they completely own, into Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, a relatively niche game.

I know we like to paint Disney as this strict, corporate, "no fun allowed" type of company, but they're really chill when it comes to using their IPs so long as it's done right.

So, if Sakurai and Normura agree to add Sora into Smash Bros, and they go to Disney and say "yeah we're putting him in the game"

A: There's not much Disney can do but agree since Normura is the one who decides when and where Sora and the Kingdom Hearts IP are used (Mind you, Disney straight up cancelled a mobile Kingdom Hearts game they were making because Normura didn't like it).
AND
B: Why the **** wouldn't Disney let Sora, a character they somewhat own and don't have as much stake in, into Smash Bros., the Infinity Wars of video games?

You'd have to be straight up dumb to pass up the pure profit and exposure you'd get by having your character in that game. It's why all these companies are whoring themselves out to Nintendo: they want a character in Smash Bros.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
All I can correctly confirm about the Direct is that they'll spend like 5 minutes~ on something that they think the fanbase will love, but we really don't care about.

i.e amiibo functionality, StreetPass successor, Smash Tour etc.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
RE: Sora not getting in Smash Bros. due to Disney.

Disney let Wreck-It-Ralph, a character they completely own, into Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, a relatively niche game.

I know we like to paint Disney as this strict, corporate, "no fun allowed" type of company, but they're really chill when it comes to using their IPs so long as it's done right.

So, if Sakurai and Normura agree to add Sora into Smash Bros, and they go to Disney and say "yeah we're putting him in the game"

A: There's not much Disney can do but agree since Normura is the one who decides when and where Sora and the Kingdom Hearts IP are used (Mind you, Disney straight up cancelled a mobile Kingdom Hearts game they were making because Normura didn't like it).
AND
B: Why the **** wouldn't Disney let Sora, a character they somewhat own and don't have as much stake in, into Smash Bros., the Infinity Wars of video games?

You'd have to be straight up dumb to pass up the pure profit and exposure you'd get by having your character in that game. It's why all these companies are whoring themselves out to Nintendo: they want a character in Smash Bros.
I have the best argument that you can't counter my man.

Yet.

Another.

Animu.

Swordman.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Nah, because personally as cool as the leak was none of them except Mach Rider and Chorus Kids were like even close to most-wanted for me. As amazing as the leaked roster is, I've made my peace and I feel like truly this is already the best roster ever so anyone they reveal will be a cool new character. Maybe that's Ken and Incineroar. Maybe that's, I don't know, Dante and Sans. Who knows? I just can't wait to find out more about this game and have a fun time playing it when I can.
Isaac is my most wanted not in already, Chorus Kids and Mach Rider both sound amazing to me, Banjo is one of the only 3rd parties I'd be excited about.

Meanwhile, Incineroar is literally in the bottom tenth of Pokemon for me. I actually didn't believe the Sun and Moon starter leak because I thought his design looked too bad to be real. (People can like him, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don't)

If Grinch turns out not to be real, I reeeeeally hope Verg is wrong still. His roster leak is just the opposite of exciting for me.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Before I sleep, I must say it was a great time speculating with y’all. From chairs to boxes to the ****ing Grinch, I’ve enjoyed my time here well. We go to the sun tomorrow, and no matter what, I think y’all are great fellas. Sticking by the Grinch and the Chorus Kids, and here’s to good DLC and a damn good Direct.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I knew what is was before I clicked but I still did it anyways.

I always love me a good RickRoll.

Anyways, predictions:
  • Grinch leak blown the **** out
  • Incineroar
  • Ken
  • Shadow or Dixie Kong
  • Matthew or Elma
  • First DLC reveal is Lloyd Irving
  • Isaac AT, maybe Shadow AT
  • Sans and Minecraft ATs
  • Spirits is a cross between SSE and Melee Adventure mode
  • Trophies are gone, replaced with Spirits (How? I have no clue)
  • Smash Run returns
  • (Hopefully) Smash Tour returns
  • 108 Stages isn't real, but there are one or two more stages.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
He's not alone.

Same here! How am I supposed to catch people's attention about my most wanted character without my signature available?

Yoko Taro is pointing at 2B/9S/A2 for a reason!
I see Chocobo there! You get my support for your excellent taste~

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
All I can correctly confirm about the Direct is that they'll spend like 5 minutes~ on something that they think the fanbase will love, but we really don't care about.

Something something Pikachu
Something something girl
Something something tail

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398

5 minutes spent telling us trophies are back and showing them off. Then again people actually fear they're gone so I guess that wouldn't be a total waste of time.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
As rabbid as we have been with each other lately, it really has been a pleasure, both seeing familiar faces from 2014 and all the new faces from this year.

Cheers to us all folks.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
5 minutes spent telling us trophies are back and showing them off. Then again people actually fear they're gone so I guess that wouldn't be a total waste of time.
What kind of gimmicky minigame will they introduce to unlock more trophies this time?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Grinch leak confirmed by MATH -

Starbound

What kind of gimmicky minigame will they introduce to unlock more trophies this time?
Unless they realize we all hate those modes and just put it in Spirits mode, which serves double duty for collectable grinding and character unlocking.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
As rabbid as we have been with each other lately, it really has been a pleasure, both seeing familiar faces from 2014 and all the new faces from this year.

Cheers to us all folks.
This entire trip has been amazing for me. So happy to of finally gotten on my first hype train!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think I'm going mad waiting for this. I can hear the clock in my room tick at this point.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Grinch leak confirmed by MATH -
Why y'all acting as if it's something special when we knows this since like, August direct?

I'm still not counting on this to prove the leak right tbvh-

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Isaac is my most wanted not in already, Chorus Kids and Mach Rider both sound amazing to me, Banjo is one of the only 3rd parties I'd be excited about.

Meanwhile, Incineroar is literally in the bottom tenth of Pokemon for me. I actually didn't believe the Sun and Moon starter leak because I thought his design looked too bad to be real. (People can like him, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don't)

If Grinch turns out not to be real, I reeeeeally hope Verg is wrong still. His roster leak is just the opposite of exciting for me.
See, we just have to agree to disagree. I'm just happy ROB is still in the game and then they added my most-wanted from Sm4sh, Simon, and then the big rumor is they're also adding one of my favorite Pokemon, Incineroar.

I want Isaac for my friends more than anything. At the end of it, even if we don't get all our wants, the game itself has a giant roster and is stuffed full of content and nothing at all is changing that.

Chrono.

As much as I've tried to stay neutral or told myself the leak is fake, a small part of me still kinda believes it could be real.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough lol.

Starbound

Why y'all acting as if it's something special when we knows this since like, August direct?

I'm still not counting on this to prove the leak right tbvh-
Blog theory has been around since like July and it's never actually been able to prove anything.

Yet it never dies.

Math is filled with DETERMINATION

Shroob

Sup?
I think I'm going mad waiting for this. I can hear the clock in my room tick at this point.
C'mon, going mad isn't that bad.

I've been certifiably insane for the last few years and can attest it's not that bad, it's just a bit rough when you hear the voices and see 'them' every soo often.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
My super not gonna happen predictions

-Shantae confirmed
-She grants a wish, and it's Ashley's wish to have friends transforming her into a playable character instead.
-Some **** happens
-A wild Kencineroar appears
-More **** happens
-Ayumi Tachibana revealed (Famicom Detective club will be announced for the west in the later direct this month)
-Direct Ends with opening cinematic

Never going to happen, but it's what I want.

Either way, if I were a betting man, I'd place my bets on team Fake. At the end of the day, I do think the background is damning as all hell.

NineS

Smash Lord
C'mon, going mad isn't that bad.

I've been certifiably insane for the last few years and can attest it's not that bad, it's just a bit rough when you hear the voices and see 'them' every soo often.
I thought the moment you signed up for a Smashboards account under your own free will, you could classify as a sociopath.

I mean, we all seem like it at times...

At least I do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom