• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Give up the dream!!! You know relevancy is all that matters!!!

Which is why Mario is not in :yoshi:
Mario just had a very successful game on Switch. I don't know about you guys, but I think he has a good chance for this game.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I made a video showing what I hope happens later. (The glowing light is the manifestation of our collective hype, and what looks like snow is actually salt, to be clear.)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What? Disney doesn't own Cloud. Nintendo really couldn't pay Disney enough to make it worth it to them.
1. They're not buying Sora, they're buying the license to use him ya dingus.
2. Why the **** would anyone get that I'm saying Cloud is owned by Disney? I'm saying people used that exact same argument against Cloud because his game was never on Nintendo consoles.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Interesting stuff from Verge. It is nice to know everything he knows.

I can see the shape. I wouldnt trust myself for that judgment though. Discerning the characters in the banner has always been hard for me.
Yes he seems to be hiding under the bike... Now think about it, if hes there why would the leaker not know hes there? If this was to be faked the leaker would totally mention all the characters he intends to leak and would not think to not mention a character he put on the banner.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
1. They're not buying Sora, they're buying the license to use him ya dingus.
2. Why the **** would anyone get that I'm saying Cloud is owned by Disney? I'm saying people used that exact same argument against Cloud because his game was never on Nintendo consoles.
So an argument that's totally irrelevant to the scale of Disney compared to Nintendo? Cool.
In case you didn't get that: Not having a game on a Nintendo console isn't why I'm saying this. Just so we're clear.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I had a theory while standing around at work today (I get a lot of time to think at work)

What if Monster Hunter is, in fact, playable in this game, and the reason they showed off the Rathalos boss first was because you unlock characters by defeating bosses in Spirit Mode, and they're planning to detail how that works in the upcoming direct while they show off what Spirit Mode actually is?

This is, of course, assuming any leaks we've seen are false and we have no idea what the final roster is. this was certainly something I just came up with while bored. Cool idea though, if you ask me.
I'm of the thought that if Monster Hunter was playable we wouldn't have gotten MH content revealed before the character.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Keeping Medusa sig because I'm calling for her to be dlc along with Incineroar and Sora.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
As long as Disney is Disney, Sora won't be in Smash. There's just not enough reason for them to make that kind of deal. It would only benefit Nintendo.
Disney straight up said that they’re fine with Sora in Smash, they just need to ask Nomura first.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
Disney straight up said that they’re fine with Sora in Smash, they just need to ask Nomura first.
Source on that? I'll believe it, it's just that Disney is the one company out there where I don't see them going immediately "sure, put our character in your game!"

Shroob

Sup?
Ya'll, it just hit me.

TeamReal?
TeamFake?
TeamHmm?

These are the end times for speculation.

COUNT ME IN ON #TEAMMETEOR

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So an argument that's totally irrelevant to the scale of Disney compared to Nintendo? Cool.
Show me how much it costs to use Sora's license and man up to the argument, dude. Unless it costed millions, there is no reason they (Nintendo) should deny it.
Why would Disney be thinking it's not worth their time?

"Disney is a ****" is just about as good as an argument as you believe mine is.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Jokes on you, I literally said Cloud was going to be first before Geno or Sora back in the day.

View attachment 174342

Why do you think I have such faith in Steve?
Do me a favor and say 2B is next?
Pretty please?
Pretty please with a T-shirt on top?

I'll throw in an Emil head too if you accept my request!
i'm sorry fellow squenix fans, but priorities for your favorite squenix characters.
you'd do the same.

Last edited:

potato69

Smash Apprentice
It's really starting to hit me now. FINAL SMASH DIRECT BEFORE RELEASE. FULL BASE ROSTER. MYSTERIOUS BLURRED OUT MODE THAT IS DEFINITELY NOT CALLED SPIRITS OR ANYTHING. WHAT THE ****.
Good luck trying to fall asleep, everyone. Don't let the hype stop you from getting the good rest you deserve (even though it CAN'T BE HELPED AAAH)

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Ya'll, it just hit me.

TeamReal?
TeamFake?
TeamHmm?

These are the end times for speculation.

COUNT ME IN ON #TEAMMETEOR
*sigh* Tbh, I'm Team Real. Even if it's somehow fake, I won't at all be ashamed that I was wrong because it was very convincing.

Also, I'll have to drink water.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, need to leave for class. You're almost there, don't falter and make me proud.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Is anyone else finding it hard to be hyped? The Grinch leak was way better than I expected for final roster, and Vergeben Kencineroar + Square rep is way worse than I expected. I'm feeling anxious instead of excited...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Is anyone else finding it hard to be hyped? The Grinch leak was way better than I expected for final roster, and Vergeben Kencineroar + Square rep is way worse than I expected. I'm feeling anxious instead of excited...
I'm literally hyped because I know that both aren't Complete and probably wrong. :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom