• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
If this happens, I don't know what we'll think.

Do we call the leak real or fake?
That is what we call a coincidence. It happens (The leak predicting Richter and the leak predicting characters of the day). None of the characters there are particularly outrageous. If the models arent the same, we cannot call it real. It would remain a fake (unless information surfaces that corroborates the issue).

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Of course, i guess you already played Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon? God, i love that game so much
Of course! One of my most favorite games of all time! I'm really looking forward to "Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every buddy!"

So happy they revived his series. It's been too long <3

Roberk

Smash Champion
Approx. 11 hours until it's time.

How many of you can I get on the 2B boat?
I've already managed to snag a few!
We're being driven insane as a team!
2B's chances of getting in are worse after just being included in Soul Calibur 6, and I doubt a ballot would help her since Automata isn't on a Nintendo console and people would mainly vote for more mainstream characters.

Sakurai please if you have any more based taste left, give me my 2B.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
There are way fewer users users lurking the thread tonight. Guess it must be to prevent seeing true leaks.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Of course! One of my most favorite games of all time! I'm really looking forward to "Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every buddy!"

So happy they revived his series. It's been too long <3
So, who are you expecting to show up tomorrow? My bets are Banjo, Sora or Hero ( Dragon Quest )

D

Deleted member

Between that mystery item and the Rathalos Tweet, I just know Isaac will appear. That's all I want tomorrow morning.

Everything else would be gravy.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
What I do is go the Nintendo YT channel and get it exactly from there. I think there's an option to specifically choose livestreams as well, so that'll make things easier if I'm not hallucinating on that.

I think even the Switch spoils this type of **** for you when you check the news on there.
Yeah, I'm prepared now, and that works. The livestream's up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAbu0LaQxmc

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
On the earlier topic of Vergeben's sources possibly mistaking an Isaac AT for Matthew, I'm heavily skeptical of that being the case. However according to Vergeben's words, the source that erroneously claimed Isabelle was an Echo did so after seeing some footage of her and assuming from there with the similarities to Villager she had, without being knowledgeable enough to distinguish between an Echo and clear semi-clone. So considering that I suppose it's possible the sources that claimed an Isaac AT saw a golden spiky hair boy pushing people with a big hand and immediate made the assumption it was Isaac without distinguishing if it was Matthew first.

But then a Matthew AT would have to exist alongside playable Isaac in the first place for that to be a possibility, and I'm very doubtful that Sakurai would do that. However obviously Isaac's AT move wouldn't carry over to his playable form without being nerfed into pretty much an entirely different move, so it could be possible that Sakurai made Isaac playable yet found his old AT's function to be investing enough to bring back with a nigh-identical but technically different character while simultaneously giving a boost to Golden Sun's representation.

It's definitely not a prospect to get your hopes up over, but it might not be impossible.

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
The night before the August direct, LOZ18 leaks a photo of Vergeben messaging him that he heard there may not be any DK characters.
Yesterday, Vergeben announces Isaac is an assist.
Coincidence?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm the exact opposite. I've gotta get to sleep soon so I can wake up early.
I should go to sleep so I can get up for class tomorrow...

But I have HW due in 55 minutes.

And HW due tomorrow morning... which I haven't started.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I could be eating my words in less than 12 hours, but I refuse to believe box theory is right because it’s just so...illogical. 69 characters and 7 Echo Fighters will never make sense to me, even if it’s real. I suppose my Transformers fanboy is following the wise words of Shockwave: “Clarity of thought before rashness of action.”

And regardless of people say, everything I’ve thought about points to the Grinch leak being real. I’ll downplay my hopes as much as possible, but damn does everything line up well.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Good night all! Try and get some rest and not worry too much! Tomorrow is a bright day full of possibilities! Let's all stay positive and hope for the best. Love you all! See you on the other side! And Happy Halloween! <3

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
If Mach Rider's in and the trailer doesn't include a race with Link riding the Master Cycle Zero and Mario/co. in their respective bikes, what's the point of having Mach Rider at all?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I should go to sleep so I can get up for class tomorrow...

But I have HW due in 55 minutes.

And HW due tomorrow morning... which I haven't started.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Slap yourself in the face, find a song that motivates you and turn it up to 11, and do that Homework as quick as you can. Once you're done you can hop in bed and dream of Sakurai.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
So, who are you expecting to show up tomorrow? My bets are Banjo, Sora or Hero ( Dragon Quest )
I honestly don't know who to expect. Everyone has been saying so many different names. But most seem to agree Ken will definitely be showing up.

Banjo would be really nice to have though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom