• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I know I said I wasn't gonna come back but I wanted to say that I just realized that At Doom's Gate and Megalovania share the exact same first three notes.

See you Thursday afternoon. :shyguy:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Just gonna remind people that there probably is a lot of misinformation going around. Even Verg thinks there is. I know I have heard some misinfo, which leads me to believe the leak even if it contradicts what I heard.
Vergeben: "There's probably a lot of misinformation about."
Also Verge: "Beeteedubs Isaac is 100%, totally, positively an Assist Trophy."

...Yup.
Isnt Rosalina like supposed to be Geno's master or something because she like owns the Star Road?
Pretty sure that's a fan theory.

Also, I don't know if Rosalina owns the Star Road, but she definitely owns the Comet Observatory.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know we are just about 12 hours until the Direct and we are mad with hype but I do have a favor to ask everyone.

As many of you know, I’m an English teacher in Japan and teach at elementary and junior high schools. I was given a massive room to transform into the schools official English room to conduct our classes in and the principal asked me to make some fun decorations. So I’ve been making tons of banners and stuff. Flags dropping along string across the room. Some carnival like games using English. Stuff like that. We have a huge demonstration lesson on the 27th I believe where over a hundred teachers will be coming to watch the class.

Anyways, I am thinking of making an alphabet poster with a Nintendo theme since nintendo is currently in and Sumabura (Smash bros in Japanese) is extremely popular.

So like (M is Mario) type of deal. Or E is for Eevee. So not only Smash related but Nintendo related. No 3rd party characters. Items and locations are also good too. Anyone wanna try filling these out for me?

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Attachments

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Y'all can't tell me Geno seeing Rosalina as a mentor wouldn't be the cutest ****
Not as cute as Rosalina being Lucas' adoptive mother though. :)

Though its also a Smash headcanon of mine that Geno works for and lives with Rosalina who is his boss and when she's absent is the caretaker of Lucas and the Lumas. He's also a Luma but at a higher status.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Wanting Sans or Toriel for the first Undertale rep is like wanting Jr. Troopa or Macho Grubba for the first Paper Mario rep.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Lucina, Cloud, Rosalina, & Mega Man stayed, Young Link returns, and Inkling, Daisy, & Isabelle were added.
I may not have gotten Ashley & Krystal and may not get Gardevoir, Medusa, Shadow, 2B, Sora, or Geno, but yeah, I'm already good..I can't wait to see who and what is revealed tomorrow.
Seems like your most wanted characters were just about exactly like mine: Isabelle, Ashley, Krystal, Daisy, etc.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
Someone on GameFAQs came up with a theory about this weeks blog posts:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77154597#9

1. Zero Suit Samus. A blue-clad space warrior who fights with guns.
2. Living Room. A stage covered in toys.
3. Rosalina. A blue-clad star warrior from the Mario franchise.
4. Klaptrap. A blue character originating from an SNES game.

Does it actually mean Geno or is it just some crazy conspiracy theory?
just

no, thats craziness

Chrollo.

fka president wario
On the topic of DeDeDe, I just hope he’s at least passable in this game

Sakurai was nerfing DeDeDe, an already bad character, for literally no reason in Smash 4

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'm not going to go in expecting anything huge, but I'm going to make a wild, crazy prediction:
Ken
Shadow
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Geno
Chorus Kids
Mach Rider
Incineroar
Skull Kid
And another echo, maybe Medusa

Never, ever happening.

I’d be down for Dr. Strange
#NerfDoctorStrange... i'm getting the # rolling just in case :p
(also, nice to see you here brah).
No.
We are all spiteful people who have long lost their ability to love.
Alas, the life of a Smash Brothers fan is full of suffering and woe until the end.
Gosh, you're in a good mood today Idon. :p

Last edited:

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
Do other people feel like they are going to love tomorrow no matter what characters show up? I got so many wishes but I will be happy with pretty much anyone.
although i would love for the grinch leak to be real, i will love whoever will show up idc !

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wanting Sans or Toriel for the first Undertale rep is like wanting Jr. Troopa or Macho Grubba for the first Paper Mario rep.
The hell is Frisk gonna do, stab me like the gajillion other sword fighters?

I'll take my skeleton Magneto any day, thank you.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
ima head on out for tonight, got some studying to do, remember everyone, get yourselves ready and hype responsibly pls : )

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Vergeben: "There's probably a lot of misinformation about."
Also Verge: "Beeteedubs Isaac is 100%, totally, positively an Assist Trophy."

...Yup.

Pretty sure that's a fan theory.

Also, I don't know if Rosalina owns the Star Road, but she definitely owns the Comet Observatory.
Absolutely amazing how Vergeben has had no new info for months and a day before the Direct he announces Isaac is an AT and absolutely nothing else. Little bit strange...

D

Deleted member

Not going to pray for the Grinch leak being fake or anything.

Just for regardless on whether or not it's real that Incineroar is still in.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Absolutely amazing how Vergeben has had no new info for months and a day before the Direct he announces Isaac is an AT and absolutely nothing else. Little bit strange...
Vergeben resorting to such antics... Might as well change his name to Fegelben... Seems like nothing but a unreliable raggamuffin!

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I know we are just about 12 hours until the Direct and we are mad with hype but I do have a favor to ask everyone.

As many of you know, I’m an English teacher in Japan and teach at elementary and junior high schools. I was given a massive room to transform into the schools official English room to conduct our classes in and the principal asked me to make some fun decorations. So I’ve been making tons of banners and stuff. Flags dropping along string across the room. Some carnival like games using English. Stuff like that. We have a huge demonstration lesson on the 27th I believe where over a hundred teachers will be coming to watch the class.

Anyways, I am thinking of making an alphabet poster with a Nintendo theme since nintendo is currently in and Sumabura (Smash bros in Japanese) is extremely popular.

So like (M is Mario) type of deal. Anyone wanna try filling these out for me?

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
A:
B: :ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr:
C: :ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultchrom::ultcorrin:
D: :ultdaisy::ultdarkpit::ultdarksamus::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt:
E:
F: :ultfalco::ultfox:
G: :ultganondorf::ultgreninja:
H:
I: :ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultinkling::ultisabelle:
J: :ultjigglypuff:
K: :ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby:
L: :ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultlucina::ultluigi:
M: :ultmario::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultgnw:
N: :ultness:
O: :ultolimar:
P: :ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer:
Q:
R: :ultrob::ultrichter::ultridley::ultrobin::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultryu:
S: :ultsamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultsnake::ultsonic:
T: :ulttoonlink:
U:
V: :ultvillager:
W: :ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf:
X:
Y: :ultyoshi::ultyounglink:
Z: :ultzelda::ultzss:

Status
Not open for further replies.