• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
I'm not at all trying to sound rude but you're the only person I still see bringing up Skull Kid. In my mind he's dead and gone RIP

Chances of seeing no Geno and Isaac are fairly likely.
Skull Kid is up there with Geno and Isaac as a hardcore fan pick, and he has an item that replaces his AT effect. His chances have never been better.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I know we are just about 12 hours until the Direct and we are mad with hype but I do have a favor to ask everyone.

As many of you know, I’m an English teacher in Japan and teach at elementary and junior high schools. I was given a massive room to transform into the schools official English room to conduct our classes in and the principal asked me to make some fun decorations. So I’ve been making tons of banners and stuff. Flags dropping along string across the room. Some carnival like games using English. Stuff like that. We have a huge demonstration lesson on the 27th I believe where over a hundred teachers will be coming to watch the class.

Anyways, I am thinking of making an alphabet poster with a Nintendo theme since nintendo is currently in and Sumabura (Smash bros in Japanese) is extremely popular.

So like (M is Mario) type of deal. Anyone wanna try filling these out for me?

A is for Ashley
B is for Banjo
C is for Chorus Kids
D is for Dixie Kong
E is for Elma
F is for Frank West
G is for Geno
H is for Heihachi
I is for Isaac
J is for Jill
K is for Ken
L is for Lloyd
M is for Mach Rider
N is for Nathan Drake
O is for Oddish
P is for Phoenix Wright
Q is for Quote
R is for Ray-Man
S is for Shadow
T is for Tails
U is for Uxie
V is for Vega
W is for Waluigi
X is for Xiaoyu
Y is for Yoshimitsu
Z is for Zero

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
By the way, does anyone else feel like the chances of no Geno, Skull Kid or Isaac are almost negative? It would feel ridiculous to me if at least ONE of these guys didn't get in. It really doesn't feel like K Rool was the end of the "GameFAQS picks".
Geno is a break or make.
Either base game. Or He's not in.

Skull Kid might surprise us tomorrow, but I just hope he doesn't get Boss'd

And I really want Isaac...but I have to hope that Vergeben get wrong about Smash for the first time

Pakky

Smash Hero
So has the guillotine been prepared?

The best scenario for me personally is Tiger man plus everyone else.

Though if a prophet is proven wrong document them to death, so they can't come back with their hack rumor spreading.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
By the way, does anyone else feel like the chances of no Geno, Skull Kid or Isaac are almost negative? It would feel ridiculous to me if at least ONE of these guys didn't get in. It really doesn't feel like K Rool was the end of the "GameFAQS picks".
I can see Isaac or Geno being attributed to gamefaqs picks but why Skull Kid? Support for them didn't really become too big until this speculation cycle as far as I am aware

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hades honestly makes more sense as a boss then Medusa would especially as among the masterminds behind the story if Spirits as a SSE like story. Also Why would Magnus return but Phosphora wouldn't? Pretty certain it'd be the opposite since she's probably more popular.
Don't know much about KI so I had Magnus instead of Phosphora.

I feel Medusa is more iconic being the main villain of the NES game which is why she's on the list. Of course it could go either way.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Skull Kid is up there with Geno and Isaac as a hardcore fan pick, and he has an item that replaces his AT effect. His chances have never been better.
You're playing if you think Skull Kid is on the level of Isaac and Geno.
I'll give you this though. He's high up there.
He could definitely happen but he's very much fallen off.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Maybe. I’ve always been of the opinion that I could easily see them get in, but I also could easily see them not get in either

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'm not at all trying to sound rude but you're the only person I still see bringing up Skull Kid. In my mind he's dead and gone RIP

Chances of seeing no Geno and Isaac are fairly likely.
alright Luigi I'm just chopped liver over here eh

I'm uncertain on everyone except Ken at this point. Don't know what to expect and I think that makes it more exciting.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Geno is a break or make.

And I really want Isaac...but I have to hope that Vergeben get wrong about Smash for the first time
Usually Verge issues his statements a long time in advance of the reveal and they've always been playable characters except for the Minecraft content he was unsure on.

The Isaac thing is just confusing me lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Night guys

Also I urge you all to tag the hell out of me if Elma is confirmed as playable, please and thank you :) I’ll be at work so I won’t see it then and there.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don't know much about KI so I had Magnus instead of Phosphora.

I feel Medusa is more iconic being the main villain of the NES game which is why she's on the list. Of course it could go either way.
Fair enough although I'd imagine if anyone were to fill in a fourth slot for the Kid Icarus roster it'd be her since she's Palutena's dark counterpart as Pit and Dark Pit are granted he's an anti-hero. That's just me though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
*sigh* No Yoshi ATs or Bosses. Unfortunately that may be accurate...
I think there's a chance of Poochi being an AT but IDK really. I also fiddled with the idea of having Kamek as a boss.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
You're playing if you think Skull Kid is on the level of Isaac and Geno.
I'll give you this though. He's high up there.
He could definitely happen but he's very much fallen off.
Skull Kid was a huge pick back in the day. I even thought he had more support than Isaac. They are all on a similar level.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Game time!

Which of these was your most hype reveal in Smash history
If you have a different moment, feel free to share it so we can reminise on our final night of pre-launch speculation.
Megaman and Simon definitely. The most obvious picks on the goddamn planet.

KMDP

Smash Legend
As many of you know, I’m an English teacher in Japan and teach at elementary and junior high schools. I was given a massive room to transform into the schools official English room to conduct our classes in and the principal asked me to make some fun decorations. So I’ve been making tons of banners and stuff. Flags dropping along string across the room. Some carnival like games using English. Stuff like that. We have a huge demonstration lesson on the 27th I believe where over a hundred teachers will be coming to watch the class.

Anyways, I am thinking of making an alphabet poster with a Nintendo theme since nintendo is currently in and Sumabura (Smash bros in Japanese) is extremely popular.

So like (M is Mario) type of deal. Anyone wanna try filling these out for me?
You could take the easy route and apply Nintendo names to certain letters.

Ashley
B
Crazy Hand
Donkey Kong
E
Fox
Gaogaen | Ganondorf
H
Inkling
J
Kirby
Link
Mario
Ness
Olimar
Pikachu
Q
Rock Man | Rosetta
Smash (Suma Bura?) | Shizue | Samus
Toon Link
U
V
Wario
Xerneas?
Yoshi
Zelda

Obviously, some of them are going to be way harder than others, how many Nintendo characters have names that start with a Q? In the Japanese version, no less?

I guess you could also use it to teach kids what the characters names are in English? But that's kinda useless information. :laugh: (At least some of the kids would be interested though).
---
By the way, Venus, I'd like to ask you something. Earlier today, I made a post joking about the direct's content, part of which was Sakurai going crazy and scrawling "Never ask me for anything ever again" all over his walls in multiple languages.

As part of the joke I used Google Translate to translate the line into Japanese, French, Italian, Spanish and German; I'd like to know just how wrong they ended (the French line was surprisingly close, using a Singular Verb when it should have been a Plural).
"Never ask me for anything ever again."
"もう一度私から何も要求しないで"
"Ne me demandez plus jamais rien" (Corrected by The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn and Bee Card Bee Card )
"Non chiedermi mai più niente mai"
"Nunca vuelvas a pedirme nada."
"Fordere nie wieder etwas von mir an"
As someone who speaks Japanese, how accurate is the Japanese line?

Spanish, Italian and German users can also come forward and correct the Grammar, I 100% expect them to be wrong in some way because it all came from Google Translate.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
alright Luigi I'm just chopped liver over here eh

I'm uncertain on everyone except Ken at this point. Don't know what to expect and I think that makes it more exciting.
Haven't seen you bring up SK in centuries Potato

Game time!

If you have a different moment, feel free to share it so we can reminise on our final night of pre-launch speculation.
EVERYONE IS HERE!
Followed by K. Rool comes aboard.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Geno's the only unique newcomer I'm 100% confident will get in.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo if by some miracle Andy makes it in this game, you all have my permission to mass tag me in to oblivion.

Like I want to see my alerts get in to the thousands lol.

D

Deleted member

Game time!

For me, it's a tie between Sonic joins the Brawl and Mewtwo is on the way.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Geno is a break or make.

I'm still holding on to the slightly (Ok, very) ridiculous theory that Adult Isaac is an assist while Kid Isaac is playable, solving the discrepancy

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't speak for frisk but a knife fighter in Smash could actually be fairly unique. The real thing Swordies in this game is their large disjoints and spacing games. A knife fighter would be something inbetween a swordsman and a boxer, having enough range to beat out a boxer but probably good enough frame data to take on swordies.

Actually now that I think about it isn't Meta Knight sort of like that?

Polan

Smash Lord
My predictions for the final game. I should note that in this roster, Geno is the first DLC character which is why he isn't on here.

Lets see my luck tomorrow...

Playable Characters

Assist Trophies

Bosses
>skull kid as a boss

why do you hurt me like this.

also how would team rocket work anyway? i don't know if any of their pokemon are boss worthy material.

Last edited:

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
Alm
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Elma
Fox
Ganondorf
Henry Fleming
Isabelle
Jigglypuff
Kirby
Link
Mario
Ness
Olimar
Pikachu
Qbby
R.O.B.
Samus
Toon Link
Urbosa
Villager
Wario
Uhhh.... I got nothing for X
YOSHI!!!
Zelda
Xerneous? X-Naught? Xenoblade? X-Parisite?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Okay people, finished my work and now im free.
Tomorrow i don't have anything to do!
So i will start waiting for the Direct now!

I can't sleep

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Game time!

You forgot about the most hype reveal of all time tho...:ultisabelle:
This is a joke I love isabelle

But for real definitely Ridley, nothing will ever be more hype than ridley was

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I can't speak for frisk but a knife fighter in Smash could actually be fairly unique. The real thing Swordies in this game is their large disjoints and spacing games. A knife fighter would be something inbetween a swordsman and a boxer, having enough range to beat out a boxer but probably good enough frame data to take on swordies.

Actually now that I think about it isn't Meta Knight sort of like that?
Knife Guy, another one from Mario RPG I remember!

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
I know we are just about 12 hours until the Direct and we are mad with hype but I do have a favor to ask everyone.

So like (M is Mario) type of deal. Or E is for Eevee. So not only Smash related but Nintendo related. No 3rd party characters. Items and locations are also good too. Anyone wanna try filling these out for me?

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
Ampharos
:ultbowser:
:ultcorrin:
:ultdaisy:
Elekid
:ultfox:
:ultganondorf:
Halberd
:ultinkling:
:ultjigglypuff:
:ultkrool:
:ultlucario:
:ultmegaman:
:ultness:
:ultolimar:
:ultpeach:
Quagsire
:ultrosalina:
:ultsamus:
:ulttoonlink:
Umbra Clock Tower
:ultvillager:
:ultwario:
Xurkltree
:ultyounglink:
:ultzelda:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Usually Verge issues his statements a long time in advance of the reveal and they've always been playable characters except for the Minecraft content he was unsure on.

The Isaac thing is just confusing me lol
Yeah, but I think it's just him waiting for people to cross verify his info with his sources tbvh-.

Like he did with Incineroar

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
>skull kid as a boss

why do you hurt me like this.

also how would team rocket work anyway? i don't know if any of their pokemon are boss worthy material.
IDK but it'd be funny if after you beat them they have a Star KO animation like they do in the anime lol.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
A- Animal Crossing
B- Bowser
C- Captain Falcon
D- Donkey Kong
E- Eevee
F- Fox McCloud
G- Games
H- Health
I- Inklings
J- Jigglypuff
K- Kirby
L- Link
M- Mario
N- Nintendo
O- Olimar
P- Pokemon
Q- Qbert?
R- Rosalina
S- Samus
T- Triforce
U- Wii U?
V- Video Games
W- Wii
X- Xenoblade
Y- Yoshi
Z- Zelda

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Game time!

1. :4megaman:
2. EVERYONE IS HERE!
3. :ultsimon::ultrichter:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom