• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Figured since tomorrow is the reveal of the rest of the characters that'd I'd tally the votes of the newcomers we still have.

1st: :ultkrool: 410 votes
2nd::ultridley: 227 votes
3rd::ultrichter: 152 votes
4th::ultinkling: 149 votes
5th::ultsimon: 140 votes
6th::ultisabelle: 100 votes
7th::ultchrom: 54 votes
8th::ultdaisy: 52 votes
9th::ultdarksamus: 40 votes

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I don't think skipping the music means anything, they probably just want to have 1 music post a week, they'll put it up tomorrow.
Also why the stage was early.
But that's the things. They will probably put it tomorrow, to be linked with a newcomers, I'm almost sure of it.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I will say this, at the very least, for tomorrow morning.
If I hear a second of new Super Mario RPG music, I swear I'm gonna react like how DJ Akademiks reacted to Drake being featured on AstroWorld.

(Language warning)
Tots I like you why are you linking Ak of all people

TBH If I hear a Clock Town remix or any sort of Undertale at all I'll probably have a similar reaction.

Or an All of Me remix.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Genuinely curious; Does the music blog post being delayed HAVE to be because of a new series? Couldn’t it just be a remix of a Sun & Moon song if Incineroar is in?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Do other people feel like they are going to love tomorrow no matter what characters show up? I got so many wishes but I will be happy with pretty much anyone.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I will say this, at the very least, for tomorrow morning.
If I hear a second of new Super Mario RPG music, I swear I'm gonna react like how DJ Akademiks reacted to Drake being featured on AstroWorld.

(Language warning)
I never thought I’d ever see Ak posted on Smashboards, so let’s take this speculation one step further.

DJ Akademiks for Smash. His final Smash could be him ranting about the beat of Summer Games.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Do other people feel like they are going to love tomorrow no matter what characters show up? I got so many wishes but I will be happy with pretty much anyone.
No.
We are all spiteful people who have long lost their ability to love.
Alas, the life of a Smash Brothers fan is full of suffering and woe until the end.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I never post, but I'm on my way to a Halloween party to try to quell the deep hype within me with some spooky drinks. Personally, I think the banner is real, but I would love to be proven wrong (except if it's Virginia Bin). May tomorrow be the rains that end this drought, and quench our thirsts. This October has been hell smash-wise, I'm so glad it's finally over.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
And its on Halloween.. The Moon is full (Night of the final day) will she trick or treat? You bet she will till the Dark Dawn arrives and the Golden Sun rises at 10 AM specific time! #IsaacForSmash #ItsTime

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Because Music was skipped this week and they had no reasons to do so except if said music was linked to a newcomers from the direct and will probably get added tomorrow?
Check if intern kun has something for us

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Normally I just delete accidental double posts.

But this is too funny.

And now if I ever was interested in getting a Comic character in, Deadpool would be the choice. I blame having more than half of my gifts being Deadpool-related for my b-day~
Batman for me, obviously, seeing as Sunsoft and Konami did iconic/great games for him. I can understand the feeling, 99% of the stuff I bought at a mall today was Batman-related.

The remaining 1% was a retail copy of Assault Suit Leynos, what were the odds of that happening?

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I just wish I could actually catch it live. But nope, got classes in the morning-- if it was after 3:00 EST I'd probably be able to catch it live.

Now to decide whether to tough it out or just check the site in between classes.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
The game's amazing already so anything in this direct is the cherry on top for me.
I REALLY like cherries though :039:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Someone on GameFAQs came up with a theory about this weeks blog posts:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77154597#9

1. Zero Suit Samus. A blue-clad space warrior who fights with guns.
2. Living Room. A stage covered in toys.
3. Rosalina. A blue-clad star warrior from the Mario franchise.
4. Klaptrap. A blue character originating from an SNES game.

Does it actually mean Geno or is it just some crazy conspiracy theory?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah

I'm so spun up right now it could be 40 minutes of him staring at the camera and blinking SOS in morse code and I'd still probably be like "YEAH SAKURAI THE MAD MAN ACTUALLY DID IT WOOOO"

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Super Smash Bros universe I have one question.. Are you ready?!!

And for those who arent down with the Grinch leak being for real we got two words for you...

SUCK IT!!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Someone on GameFAQs came up with this theory about this weeks blog posts:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77154597#9

Nope, they are still ****ing behind the August direct in term of website update, that's all

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Figured since tomorrow is the reveal of the rest of the characters that'd I'd tally the votes of the newcomers we still have.

1st: :ultkrool: 410 votes
2nd::ultridley: 227 votes
3rd::ultrichter: 152 votes
4th::ultinkling: 149 votes
5th::ultsimon: 140 votes
6th::ultisabelle: 100 votes
7th::ultchrom: 54 votes
8th::ultdaisy: 52 votes
9th::ultdarksamus: 40 votes
Goodness, I'm not surprised about K Rool being in first, but that's a huge jump from second place to first place. I can understand Richter being ahead of Simon. I like Richter more than Simon. And poor Chrom, Daisy, and Dark Samus. I can understand Chrom and Dark Samus being towards the bottom, but Daisy? She's been teased since Melee with Peach's alt outfit.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I just wish I could actually catch it live. But nope, got classes in the morning-- if it was after 3:00 EST I'd probably be able to catch it live.

Now to decide whether to tough it out or just check the site in between classes.
I'm in the same boat, and I'll probably try to watch bits and pieces whenever my classes take breaks.

Other than that though, I'll be waiting until 4 PM EST before I can watch with no interruptions.

NineS

Smash Lord
Because Music was skipped this week and they had no reasons to do so except if said music was linked to a newcomers from the direct and will probably get added tomorrow?
You know, going by this logic, this would mean that this character is from a franchise that has yet to be represented in Smash, or has a theme so iconic to itself/the game it appears in that having it shown would give it away.

Granted, it's nothing new. We already figured we'd get another 3rd party character, or one who's from a franchise that isn't in just yet.

whatever it is i hope keiichi okabe is behind it

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Someone on GameFAQs came up with this theory about this weeks blog posts:

You generalize a characters' traits hard enough, you can make any disparate characters have similar traits.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I’ll be happy just to know what is really in the game. Waiting is the worst when you know it’s coming. I would prefer a game to be announced like a month before it’s release so I don’t have this months-long set of half-assed information about something I can’t play anyways.

“Hey! Want your favorite pizza!”

“Oh hell yes!”

“Cool! I’ll make one right now! It will be ready in 6 months!”

“Oh....”

“Oh? So now you don’t appreciate it?”

“I’m glad it’s happening and thank you...but it isn’t really helpful to hear right now...?”

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Yup. If my 5 most wanted don't get in, I'll get over it in a few hours. The roster, as-is, is already amazing. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that K. Rool or Ridley would be in....yet we somehow got both. It has still not sunk in fully for me to this day.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Once you accept the mentality that its just how the game is no matter what you do, its actually an amazing feeling. Lets welcome those newcomers

Untouch

Smash Master
I've seen people say that DQ can't be in the direct because they won't have a new song, which is 3 assumptions stacked on top of eachother, a tri-theory you may say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom