• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
At this point, I’m more of Team Hmmmm and 50/50. I’ve been preparing myself for disappointment all day as well and the whole gist of the situation about the leak is a Schrödinger’s Cat situation or Schrödinger’s Grinch. :lol:
If the Grinch is in a box where we can't see him, and there is gas pipe leaking gas into the box, the Grinch will be alive and dead simultaneously until the Grinch is observed.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
You gotta give the grinch leaker credit. This person literally went through these steps

- Okay, I will make a convincing Smash leak, and project it in the form of a banner. Better make sure to make it blurry though! Now I'll choose a crazy seven total characters and have the guts to leave out Incineroar. Now I'll make 7 new images for those characters, and ensure that each of them has extreme Sakurai-like attention to detail. Oh I know! Chorus kids will have the conductor because no one has ever thought of that, and Isaac will be using sprout, a more obscure synergy. I'll also have Banjo-Kazooie referencing some sort of MGS3 moment since I'm putting them near Snake. Okay, now I'll just take a few hours to move all the pre-existing characters around, place in my new ones, and bam! Ugh, but it isn't convincing enough. I'll blur it, and pretend like it's some form of printing material. How about a wristband!? And I'll make a characterless version from scratch to seem more legit. Is there already one out there? Nah, better not check. Maybe I can even find a company that does printing for video game developers such as Bandai Namco! Better make sure it's a foreign company though, because for some reason that seems more legit. Oh I got it! I'll look up the release date for the Grinch in France, and then throw in some Grinch junk to make it look even more legit. Oh oh! I can find a real name associated with this company and have it in there, but I have to make it look like the person attempted to hide it. There we go... Now, finally I'll snapchat it to a friend, screenshot the snapshot and boom!

Oh, and I better precede all of this with a text leak that predicts it all one month before, or find one that lines up. (This last part may just be a coincidence)

I suppose it didn't have to go down like that, for sure, but... Dang. XD
its just a lot more reasonable to assume that its real than to assume a human being genuinely did all of this for the sake of an internet leak for a smash brothers game. like, the rayman leak doesnt even compare to this one

It hasn't yet, but it's reeeeeeeeeeeally odd he's got the only insider who's saying "Banner is real but Incineroar is ALSO real."

If Incineroar IS indeed Leak Bait, why would he have the rest of the banner too?

Doesn't add up.
That's not even what they said. They said they heard multiple names but are only sure of Banjo.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You know, between the Box and the Grinch, I'd forgotten about it since it seemed less likely to happen, but now that both are thrown into doubt...maybe...?

For those who don't know, this was posted on 4chan back in July, several days before Vergeben leaked Isabelle. Notably, it got a considerable amount of things right about the Direct on 8/8.View attachment 174221
Only shaky thing was whether or not you consider the eighth close enough to being mid, but that could've been an error in communication.

I mean in all honesty it was likely just a lucky guess, but man...if tomorrow comes and we get Ken, Incineroar, Celica, and Geno, then this was the most lowkey leak of all time.
Celica is just the thing Geno, Simon, and Isabelle drove to Smash in

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It hasn't yet, but it's reeeeeeeeeeeally odd he's got the only insider who's saying "Banner is real but Incineroar is ALSO real."

If Incineroar IS indeed Leak Bait, why would he have the rest of the banner too?

Doesn't add up.
Additionally, PapaGenos' source is from MICROSOFT.

Let that sink in.

How would someone at Microsoft know the full roster of the game? The only thing they'd be working on is licensing Banjo & Kazooie. The only way would be if they were involved in a board meeting that went over all the characters, but then they would have to be high up in the company, at which point leaking information is risky as ****. Even then, we don't know how board meetings work for this game, or if they even have board meetings for them.

It's implausible, if not impossible. I appreciate you Papa, but your source has very likely lied to you for attention.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
That still doesn't explain why his source knows the ENTIRE BANNER AND Incineroar.

If Incineroar is indeed just leak bait, why would his source also believe in it if he knows the full banner?
he only mentioned that the characters were ones his source was familiar with and was certain were in the game. never said anything about it being because of the banner. im pretty sure papagenos didnt say anything about showing the banner, if i recall he just asked about the characters on it

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
That still doesn't explain why his source knows the ENTIRE BANNER AND Incineroar.

If Incineroar is indeed just leak bait, why would his source also believe in it if he knows the full banner?
Maybe he also thought that Incienroar was in the smash and he was misinformed about him, but managed to say the leak was real.

Which explains why Papageno's source was confused about incienroar not being in the banner, he actually fell for leakbait.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
i'd say sakurai's word of wanting geno is more evidence than a teaser and a supposed golden sun item in a trailer. not saying he isnt likely either but i think sakurai first hand saying geno is someone he wants in has more weight
One of these characters are first party and one is third party. As such, Isaac is more likely just logically.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
You gotta give the grinch leaker credit. This person literally went through these steps

- Okay, I will make a convincing Smash leak, and project it in the form of a banner. Better make sure to make it blurry though! Now I'll choose a crazy seven total characters and have the guts to leave out Incineroar. Now I'll make 7 new images for those characters, and ensure that each of them has extreme Sakurai-like attention to detail. Oh I know! Chorus kids will have the conductor because no one has ever thought of that, and Isaac will be using sprout, a more obscure synergy. I'll also have Banjo-Kazooie referencing some sort of MGS3 moment since I'm putting them near Snake. Okay, now I'll just take a few hours to move all the pre-existing characters around, place in my new ones, and bam! Ugh, but it isn't convincing enough. I'll blur it, and pretend like it's some form of printing material. How about a wristband!? And I'll make a characterless version from scratch to seem more legit. Is there already one out there? Nah, better not check. Maybe I can even find a company that does printing for video game developers such as Bandai Namco! Better make sure it's a foreign company though, because for some reason that seems more legit. Oh I got it! I'll look up the release date for the Grinch in France, and then throw in some Grinch junk to make it look even more legit. Oh oh! I can find a real name associated with this company and have it in there, but I have to make it look like the person attempted to hide it. There we go... Now, finally I'll snapchat it to a friend, screenshot the snapshot and boom!

Oh, and I better precede all of this with a text leak that predicts it all one month before, or find one that lines up. (This last part may just be a coincidence)

I suppose it didn't have to go down like that, for sure, but... Dang. XD
All the steps are irrelevant besides making the smash mural itself, which is an amateur undertaking to begin with. It makes no difference if hes actually working at a print shop or actually has access to Grinch assets (All old btw).

The only step this person had to do to go out of his way was edit the mural.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't think anyone has. Plus it was anonymous, so anyone could've claimed credit anyway.

Still skeptical because of course I am, but no one has come forward yet.
To be fair, most text leaks never have their creators come out and say "I did it." They're mostly made for ****s and giggles and are quickly forgotten.

KMDP

Smash Legend
if they wanted to give issac more earth based moves i could easily see them making matthew an at and giving him issac's old at moves
You mean "Old AT Move", singular.

Isaac only did one thing in Brawl, and that was use the Move Psynergy.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Maybe Celica was cut during development? If so, she'd be prime DLC I'd say.
I want Celica in. I would love it if she's in.

I simply have a hard time believing she's in. We got Chrom, and Corrin was made as DLC during Ultimate's development. While Sakurai certainly could have considered her high priority while making Ultimate, remember that Echoes wasn't released until after the ballot. There wouldn't be a fan push for her, and her game is now too far in the rear view mirror to be put in for promotional purposes.

If she's... ugh an echo of Robin (I don't think that works) then I could maybe see it. Though still, where's the fanbase for that in 2015-2016?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m going to sleep. You ****s better have not reached 6969 before I wake up.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
I've been gone for a while, do people still believe the Grinch leak? Or did they realize that Goddess Emily Rogers and King Vergeben got the real inside info and are telling the truth

So then in the end, what gives them more credit than someone like Mystic who had also heard "Multiple names"

Like, the only reason people are holding Papa's source up on a pedestal is because he's TeamReal.
I could literally say the same to you, the only reason people are holding Mystic on a pedestal is because people think the leak is too good to be true.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is it possible to be perma banned via request?
You can be temp banned by request not sure about perma though.
I don't think anyone has. Plus it was anonymous, so anyone could've claimed credit anyway.

Still skeptical because of course I am, but no one has come forward yet.
About 4 days ago when the grinch leak hit its high point someone claimed that they made it after seeing how the grinch leak was traction. The celica leaker supposedly thought he would mislead people even though he was forgotten cause the grinch. But we still don’t know if that’s the actual leaker.

I think it probably is because there’s no reason for someone to make a claim like that in the middle of the grinch leak.
You never know though

Potato_

Smash Lord
At this point the only thing I'm certain of is Ken.

Just know though. If Skull Kid gets announced?

I'm gonna be walking into this thread, my class, hell the entire day, like this:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
I can’t really subscribe to the theory that Incineroar is leaker bait. If Verge was the only person to say it, it’d be a bit more plausible because then we know his sources have been fed that info. But EVERY leaker saying Incineroar is in? I doubt ALL of them share the same sources. Leaker bait is pointless if you’re just gonna tell everyone.

I won’t treat Incineroar as a lock, but damn am I hoping he prevails.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
i'd say sakurai's word of wanting geno is more evidence than a teaser and a supposed golden sun item in a trailer. not saying he isnt likely either but i think sakurai first hand saying geno is someone he wants in has more weight
The words are gone with the wind. I'd rather focus on actual visual evidence.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Where(or when) did the Dante for Smash fandom rise from?
Most of it's still riding from the DMCV leaks and, to a lesser extent, the random 4chan guy who guessed Isabelle a few days before she came out.

Pretty sure a lot of it boils down to how much of a cool and iconic character he is, but everyone has their own specific reasons for wanting him in. Speaking as a hardcore Devil May Cry fan, I just think that it'd be the sickest thing in the world - lack of ties to Nintendo be damned. That said, pretty sure that if those DMCV leaks from August never name-dropped Smash then this support for Dante wouldn't be as vocal or well-known as it is now.

Also, Dante vs. Bayonetta. In an actual video game.

Shroob

Sup?
I could literally say the same to you, the only reason people are holding Mystic on a pedestal is because people think the leak is too good to be true.
I don't think anyone's holding Mystic up that much, considering his flip floppiness.

I just have a very, very hard time imagining that from ALL these supposed insiders, one comes out of the woodwork all of a sudden now that the banner is out there.

It works both ways, really. If TeamReal can mock Insiders for just "Happening" to know stuff, TeamFake gets the same privilege, it's only fair.

I'm team neutral myself and find the Papagenos thing very contradictory, especially since TeamReal is the "Don't trust Insiders" camp, yet, they're trusting an insider.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I thought we all agreed not to listen to isnsers thoughts.

They are literally arguing that Isaac is playable or an assist trophy.

They don’t know ****. Their sources baited them hard

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
All the steps are irrelevant besides making the smash mural itself, which is an amateur undertaking to begin with. It makes no difference if hes actually working at a print shop or actually has access to Grinch assets (All old btw).

The only step this person had to do to go out of his way was edit the mural.
Ah so all of that stuff was already in place and someone simply edited the mural? I could actually buy that. Wouldn't be surprised if we find that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom