• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
You're acting like Team Real is believing Papa Genos purely because he has a source. It couldn't be literally the other dozen reasons why the Grinch leak picked up traction to begin with.

Either way none of this is going to matter in a handful of hours.
It doesn’t change the fact that Team Real are hypocrites for prancing around Papagenos while screaming “**** insiders”. You’re still trusting his word due to the fact it alligns with what you believe while brushing off other insiders because “they can be wrong”, despite the fact that the same can easily be said towards Papagenos.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Mystic spawn, jon Cartwright and Emily and verge have completely different views on who is and isn’t an assist

Yes a mod can do that

Because I Emily is more wrong then right and most people ignore her
Then do you mind helping me out and stating exactly WHAT info conflicts?

Verge said Isaac is an assist. I’m up to speed with that.

Jon is not necessarily a leaker, but he may have reliable info. It’s also most likely he mixes it with speculation, so it’s hard to separate.

Emily only stated that there are multiple assists on that banner, proving it is fake. Unless she specifically singled out who it is, can you point it out to me?

You can’t just tell me insiders contradict with each other without giving me specific info of what actually contradicts.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sure, I can believe it happens.

but like

why tho
It's been like eight years since I was admin, so I really don't remember details. But I seem to remember every case being someone trying to be a martyr after a clique on the forum got their collective panties in a bunch.

Some guy starts to troll, other people throw **** back, it becomes a whole thing until mods come in and babysit for a bit, then the troll tries again, everyone tattles, and the troll then goes, "I'm a terrible person and I can't keep it in check, ban me please." Then I do, 'cause, whatever. They can do better things.

(And it's not even permanent. When you have access to the site's database you can change whatever the **** you want. Sometimes I messed with friends' posts to alter what they said in tiny ways without a "last edited" tag, convince them they wrote it.)

Darkraid

Smash Champion
It hasn't yet, but it's reeeeeeeeeeeally odd he's got the only insider who's saying "Banner is real but Incineroar is ALSO real."

If Incineroar IS indeed Leak Bait, why would he have the rest of the banner too?

Doesn't add up.
Easy, incineroar is dlc

KMDP

Smash Legend
This makes me VERY scared for Isaac. I know we’ve been disappointed before, but after the Grinch leak, my heart will be absolutely broken. Especially since Isaac being in could lead to the revival of Golden Sun...
Absolutely broken, you say?

So this'll be you if Isaac isn't in, right?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
>people all claim faking the banner would be easy
>In one week of speculation on this leak, nobody has actually done it.

View attachment 174227
It was already done before the Grinch leak lol

download.jpeg

I'd say this one was actually done better than the Grinch leak since it's not blurry. Due to the blurriness mr. leakerman likely got away with renders much worse than this one.

Also, the two people who actually have the skills to do it ( vaanrose vaanrose and Artsy Omni Artsy Omni ) both have better things to do than waste time proving the Grinch leak false. Especially when people wouldn't believe them anyways.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can you imagine what that would do to this forum if deconfirmed ATs now had a chance to get in anyway?

I'd hop on the Midna hype train before the Direct even finished.
I'd shill even harder for my ***** Mega Man X, since if an AT can make it, why not a Final Smash Assist.

Untouch

Smash Master
So. We're now approx. 14 hours away from the Direct. Do you all feel scared or hyped about the fate of certain characters?
I've managed to hype myself up into thinking we're getting a DQ character tomorrow so I'm feeling anxious.

JMac52

Smash Cadet
I've seen several other people do it, so here's my ever-chaning top 10 most wanted left: (Good luck everyone!)

1. Balloon Fighter
2. Mach Rider
3. Dixie Kong
4. Saki Amamiya
5. Skull Kid
6. Black Shadow
7. Heracross
8. Excitebiker
9. Kat and Ana
10. Micaiah

D

Deleted member

So has there been any recent events or is everyone just comfy-cozy for the Direct tomorrow morning? I've been meaning to make a long post as to why I think the Grinch Leak is real with all the evidence that's been laid out, but... I feel like it might be too late with the Direct in almost 13 hours.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
ONCE? She was wrong multiple times!
I wasn't taking her as an exemple, I'm talking about any leakers in general and how people see them.
Yet no one can talk about Spawn-Wave or ignore him when he said it was fake because he hasn't be wrong even once :bobomb:

Last edited:

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
So has there been any recent events or is everyone just comfy-cozy for the Direct tomorrow morning? I've been meaning to make a long post as to why I think the Grinch Leak is real with all the evidence that's been laid out, but... I feel like it might be too late with the Direct in almost 13 hours.
Hey Scott, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'd shill even harder for my ***** Mega Man X, since if an AT can make it, why not a Final Smash Assist.
Me but with Fiora, I voted for her in the ballot too

What about stage cameos too like Viridi and Captain Toad?

Shroob

Sup?

View attachment 174230

And the two people who actually have the skills to do it ( vaanrose vaanrose and Artsy Omni Artsy Omni ) both have better things to do than waste time proving the Grinch leak false. Especially when people wouldn't believe them anyways.
This image makes me sad.

I mean, I'm glad he's in as an Assist but...

Damn it all I wanted Bomberman.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I’m just saying.

I got Wolf and Snake back, and I got Ridley and K Rool. I’m happy.

Banjo, Shadow, Mach Rider, and everyone else on that banner would just be a huge bonus.

And if Dante somehow got in I’d now understand why Dave Meltzer broke his scale for Wrestling matches, because I’d finally know the feeling of something that is beyond perfection.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Aw, thanks! I have the main points in mind, but I just don't know if it'll be too late to discuss with everyone, haha.
It's about to get blown the **** out in a little over 12 hours, so it's your choice dude.

How important is it to you?

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I've seen several other people do it, so here's my ever-chaning top 10 most wanted left: (Good luck everyone!)

1. Balloon Fighter
2. Mach Rider
3. Dixie Kong
4. Saki Amamiya
5. Skull Kid
6. Black Shadow
7. Heracross
8. Excitebiker
9. Kat and Ana
10. Micaiah
Okay, so here's my ever-changing, top "whatever number of characters this is" most wanted left:
Rottytops (Shantae) (WIP)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Banjo-Kazooie
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Bandana Dee (Kirby)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Reimu Hakurei (Touhou)
Kat & Ana (WarioWare)
Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
Adeleine (Kirby)
Vaati (The Legend of Zelda)
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) (She's so cute! <3)
Susie Haltmann (Kirby)
Midna/Twili Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
Fjorm (Fire Emblem Heroes)
Lyn (Fire Emblem)
Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy 7)
Palla, Catria and Est (Fire Emblem?)
Veronica (Fire Emblem Heroes)
Saber Artoria (Fate/Stay Night)
Toon Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)
Medli (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy 6)
Mipha (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
Anna (Fire Emblem)
Birdo (Super Mario)
Meloetta (Pokemon)
Goomba (Super Mario)
Tsareena (Pokemon)
2B (NieR: Automata)
Marx (Kirby)
Viridi (Kid Icarus)
Edelgard von Hresvelgr (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
Kat (Gravity Rush)
Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
Asuka (Senran Kagura)
Hikari and Donbe (Shin Onigashima)
Marina (Mischief Makers)
Linkle (Hyrule Warriors)
Bub & Bob (Bubble Bobble)
Shantae
Andy (Advance Wars)
Protector (Etrian Odyssey)
Highlander (Go play Etrian Odyssey)
Cynthia (Pokemon)
Haruka Amami (THE iDOLM@STER) (Shoutouts to Kuon :))
Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Tron Bonne (The Misadventures of Tron Bonne/Megaman)
Roll (Megaman)
Princess Hilda (The Legend of Zelda)
Felicia (Darkstalkers)

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Looks like nothing new and solid around here. Fine, I'll see you tomorrow after the direct, gotta work till then.
If the Grinch leak is false it will be the first time where the full Smash roster was kept in secret till the end. That's some new news.
I don't know what to spect, just hoping for Dixie and Banjo.
Let's rock!

D

Deleted member

It's about to get blown the **** out in a little over 12 hours, so it's your choice dude.

How important is it to you?
Well, I don't think I've seen a singular post combining all of why people think it's real, so I wanna at least help out in that regard to show why people believe it and a few aspects about the whole situation.

I mean, I'm glad I was the info broker during the last SpawnCast, but trying to make a gigantic, long post with links and everything... I think it should be done, at the very least.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Looks like nothing new and solid around here. Fine, I'll see you tomorrow after the direct, gotta work till then.
If the Grinch leak is false it will be the first time where the full Smash roster was kept in secret till the end. That's some new news.
I don't know what to spect, just hoping for Dixie and Banjo.
Let's rock!
That would be the upside they succeeded of keeping the roster a secret if the grinch leak is fake

Shroob

Sup?
God, I know I won't wake up for it if I sleep tonight, but I also know I'll spoil myself and go to the official site instead of the Direct tab I have bookmarked.

Tonight's gonna be looooooooooong.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
aaaaaand we're back to dismissing the grinch leak bc "blurry and the bomberman/wario picture"

nice

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729

View attachment 174230

I'd say this one was actually done better than the Grinch leak since it's not blurry. Due to the blurriness mr. leakerman likely got away with renders much worse than this one.

Also, the two people who actually have the skills to do it ( vaanrose vaanrose and Artsy Omni Artsy Omni ) both have better things to do than waste time proving the Grinch leak false. Especially when people wouldn't believe them anyways.
Gonna give the edit some context https://twitter.com/superbomberbros/status/1024520922580086785

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Shower thought: since we have Bomberman as an assist, will we at least get some tunes from the series?

Particularly the soundtrack for the N64 game, that music still goes hard today

Chrollo.

fka president wario
You know, I’m just glad I have nothing to do tomorrow. Because during the August direct I had to watch it on my phone in my Therapy’s waiting room. I didn’t even have headphones. What a weird experience.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Shower thought: since we have Bomberman as an assist, will we at least get some tunes from the series?

Particularly the soundtrack for the N64 game, that music still goes hard today
I sure freaking hope so... and now I have those tunes in my head, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom