• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
me too but I mean

a bad time
first note of megalovania

Real question still stands will it go to 10k pages before the due date?! find out till December 7th!!
You mean the release date?
Or is Sakurai pregnanart with Smash Ultimate?

EDIT: Can we start calling birthdays "release dates" also?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Also I thought we all agreed not to listen to isnsers thoughts.

They are literally arguing that Isaac is playable or an assist trophy.

They don’t know ****. Their sources baited them hard
Still doesn't mean the Grinch leak is for real.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Also I thought we all agreed not to listen to isnsers thoughts.

They are literally arguing that Isaac is playable or an assist trophy.

They don’t know ****. Their sources baited them hard
Can you please point to me which leakers are arguing about that? The only insider I’ve known so far to say Isaac is playable is Mystic, and he later stated that he could be wrong.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Most of it's still riding from the DMCV leaks and, to a lesser extent, the random 4chan guy who guessed Isabelle a few days before she came out.

Pretty sure a lot of it boils down to how much of a cool and iconic character he is, but everyone has their own specific reasons for wanting him in. Speaking as a hardcore Devil May Cry fan, I just think that it'd be the sickest thing in the world - lack of ties to Nintendo be damned. That said, pretty sure that if those DMCV leaks from August never name-dropped Smash then this support for Dante wouldn't be as vocal or well-known as it is now.

Also, Dante vs. Bayonetta. In an actual video game.
And not in a Death Battle YouTube video. :p

Chrollo.

fka president wario
15 minutes before the direct let’s all start a prayer circle for all the characters that may be deconfirmed. That’s the least we can do.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can you please point to me which leakers are arguing about that? The only insider I’ve known so far to say Isaac is playable is Mystic, and he later stated that he could be wrong.
Im on mobile and don’t have links but mystic is team Issac, verge and Emily think he’s an assist.

They all agree banjo isn’t in

But then the rest of the banner gets debated by them for being assists or playable depending on who you ask

I don't think anyone's holding Mystic up that much, considering his flip floppiness.

I just have a very, very hard time imagining that from ALL these supposed insiders, one comes out of the woodwork all of a sudden now that the banner is out there.

It works both ways, really. If TeamReal can mock Insiders for just "Happening" to know stuff, TeamFake gets the same privilege, it's only fair.

I'm team neutral myself and find the Papagenos thing very contradictory, especially since TeamReal is the "Don't trust Insiders" camp, yet, they're trusting an insider.
You're acting like Team Real is believing Papa Genos purely because he has a source. It couldn't be literally the other dozen reasons why the Grinch leak picked up traction to begin with.

Either way none of this is going to matter in a handful of hours.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Can someone please explain to me why this Emily Rogers person hasn’t come out yet and clarify who is supposed to be an assist trophy from the Grinch Leak? She said multiple characters are AT’s. Why was Isaac the only one named? And apparently he was named by Vergeben and not her.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm curious, have there been any other insiders aside from Verg that have had their claims, in regards to this game only, proven true?

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Im on mobile and don’t have links but mystic is team Issac, verge and Emily think he’s an assist.

They all agree banjo isn’t in

But then the rest of the banner gets debated by them for being assists or playable depending on who you ask
But they aren’t debating about Isaac? Mystic is the only person who said he’s playable (to my knowledge), and later stated he could be wrong. So far, every other leaker has hinted (or in one case outright stated) Isaac is not playable. I haven’t seen any debate about who’s an AT on the roster by leakers, just by the fandom. If anything, Mystic is the only outlier. I feel everyone else’s information lines up.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
me too but I mean

a bad time
You know it.

I actually seriously hope Sans is in this game in some form. For the memes. He'll likely be revealed as an Assist Trophy like Shovel Knight. That'd be exciting.

Also I can't wait to hear Deltarune's rendition of Megalovania (Toby has had it in each of his games so I expect it this time).
except there isnt any concrete proof of it being fake lol
But there isn't any concrete proof of it being real either lol. And more and more people are coming out and saying it's fake.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anyone's holding Mystic up that much, considering his flip floppiness.

I just have a very, very hard time imagining that from ALL these supposed insiders, one comes out of the woodwork all of a sudden now that the banner is out there.

It works both ways, really. If TeamReal can mock Insiders for just "Happening" to know stuff, TeamFake gets the same privilege, it's only fair.

I'm team neutral myself and find the Papagenos thing very contradictory, especially since TeamReal is the "Don't trust Insiders" camp, yet, they're trusting an insider.
I've been and still am Team Cautiously Optimistic from the beginning of the Grinch thing, so maybe I'm not in the right headspace for this, but I don't think those who are Team Real necessarily believe PapaGenos's source. They believe otherwise, and PapaGenos's source happens to concur, and that bolsters PapaGenos's view.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Never said it did, just that the insiders have clearly been fed fake info here
I was just saying. For the insiders, Possibly, and highly likely, especially since their sources are different and conflicting.

Shroob

Sup?
You're acting like Team Real is believing Papa Genos purely because he has a source. It couldn't be literally the other dozen reasons why the Grinch leak picked up traction to begin with.

Either way none of this is going to matter in a handful of hours.
And yet, I constantly see people posting the Papa video as "Evidence".

Like, again, full on TeamHmmm here and I want this roster to come true, but if Papa had said "I think it's fake", everyone would toss in him the trash like 99% of the rest of these clowns.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm mostly keeping my expectation at a neutral levels, ensure that I can really go up in regards to my excitement if something does happen otherwise I'm no worse of then when I started. Frankly, even Isabelle who was probably the least interested in was mostly 'boring trailer' more so then 'disappointing addition' maybe I've just gotten to the age where I can't muster enough energy over this to get upset about it lol. Of course I have my want list like everyone else but I'm not banking on any of it at this point. I'm just accepting that 'Everyone is Here' came with a price tag.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You gotta give the grinch leaker credit. This person literally went through these steps

- Okay, I will make a convincing Smash leak, and project it in the form of a banner. Better make sure to make it blurry though! Now I'll choose a crazy seven total characters and have the guts to leave out Incineroar. Now I'll make 7 new images for those characters, and ensure that each of them has extreme Sakurai-like attention to detail. Oh I know! Chorus kids will have the conductor because no one has ever thought of that, and Isaac will be using sprout, a more obscure synergy. I'll also have Banjo-Kazooie referencing some sort of MGS3 moment since I'm putting them near Snake. Okay, now I'll just take a few hours to move all the pre-existing characters around, place in my new ones, and bam! Ugh, but it isn't convincing enough. I'll blur it, and pretend like it's some form of printing material. How about a wristband!? And I'll make a characterless version from scratch to seem more legit. Is there already one out there? Nah, better not check. Maybe I can even find a company that does printing for video game developers such as Bandai Namco! Better make sure it's a foreign company though, because for some reason that seems more legit. Oh I got it! I'll look up the release date for the Grinch in France, and then throw in some Grinch junk to make it look even more legit. Oh oh! I can find a real name associated with this company and have it in there, but I have to make it look like the person attempted to hide it. There we go... Now, finally I'll snapchat it to a friend, screenshot the snapshot and boom!

Oh, and I better precede all of this with a text leak that predicts it all one month before, or find one that lines up. (This last part may just be a coincidence)

I suppose it didn't have to go down like that, for sure, but... Dang. XD
This actually scared me

It’s like it got deconfirmed or something

But I’m assuming it’s still alive

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm curious, have there been any other insiders aside from Verg that have had their claims, in regards to this game only, proven true?
Jon from GameXplain is thought to have info and has said fishy things just before a direct that came true.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
You know it.

I actually seriously hope Sans is in this game in some form. For the memes. He'll likely be revealed as an Assist Trophy like Shovel Knight. That'd be exciting.

Also I can't wait to hear Deltarune's rendition of Megalovania (Toby has had it in each of his games so I expect it this time).

But there isn't any concrete proof of it being real either lol. And more and more people are coming out and saying it's fake.
I got a little scared of the prospect of him being playable, but then I realized it HAS to be as an Assist Trophy and I went from "oh god no" to "I extremely want that"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But they aren’t debating about Isaac? Mystic is the only person who said he’s playable (to my knowledge), and later stated he could be wrong. So far, every other leaker has hinted (or in one case outright stated) Isaac is not playable. I haven’t seen any debate about who’s an AT on the roster by leakers, just by the fandom. If anything, Mystic is the only outlier. I feel everyone else’s information lines up.
Mystic spawn, jon Cartwright and Emily and verge have completely different views on who is and isn’t an assist

Is it possible to delete or close your account here?
Yes a mod can do that
Can someone please explain to me why this Emily Rogers person hasn’t come out yet and clarify who is supposed to be an assist trophy from the Grinch Leak? She said multiple characters are AT’s. Why was Isaac the only one named? And apparently he was named by Vergeben and not her.
Because I Emily is more wrong then right and most people ignore her

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
This year she has been rock solid alongside some switch stuff, and before she was shaky
But you know, if you fail once, you're considered unreliable
This makes me VERY scared for Isaac. I know we’ve been disappointed before, but after the Grinch leak, my heart will be absolutely broken. Especially since Isaac being in could lead to the revival of Golden Sun...

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I dunno. I only remember her from before the Switch launch, as she was one of the major leakers back then. She also got a lot wrong. And given how she's said nothing noteworthy about Smash until just recently, I don't trust her.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I'm really scared Incineroar won't make it. Spirits mode info will be hype though.
I'm concerned that Shantae might get nothing more than a 50/50 chance to be playable. Ah well, I'm excited for what's going to happen tomorrow.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
And yet, I constantly see people posting the Papa video as "Evidence".

Like, again, full on TeamHmmm here and I want this roster to come true, but if Papa had said "I think it's fake", everyone would toss in him the trash like 99% of the rest of these clowns.
Is the Papa video the one with his Banjo theory or no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom