• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

Hey guys i bring you a chill tune so you can chill.

you wanna know what is sad? that Silenthill may be a series withouth any kind of future, even if konami manages to come back, to the point that even a hd remaster seems unlikely ._.

Roo525

Smash Ace
It could be an HTML edit, but the person editing it would need access to the page in the first place wouldn't they?

D

Deleted member

Square characters in Smash and my ranking to them:
God Tier:
-Crono
-Celes
-Olberic/H'aanit/Therion

Pretty ****ing hype:
-Cecil
-Terra
-Black Mage

Never played their game but I like their design enough to make me hyped:
-2B
-Agnès

I played KH3D does this count?:
-Sora

I guess people would be happy:
-Geno
-Slime/DQ character
-Lara Croft

No:
-Lightning

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Sometimes a night's sleep can do wonders. I don't wanna start one either so let's all sit back and watch the show. I'm worried but cautiously optimistic.
I wanna echo the night's sleep point. I went to bed nervous but woke up at peace ready to hype with everyone and be happy and excited no matter what we got. Can't wait to see what happens next.

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet
To be fair, if you visit the url in the screenshot http://press.nintendo.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate, it takes you to a login page.

So only press people have access to that.

Firmly on the side of HTML edit for now but the fact only press people can see it is...interesting.

Edit: Also "Isabella" wtf...fake as ****
Apparentlly someone in the 4chan thread says that "Isabella" has been a mispelling like that on the press website for a while now, however as it is a press website we can't log in to confirm that. Of course

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Square characters in Smash and my ranking to them:
God Tier:
-Crono
-Celes
-Olberic/H'aanit/Therion

Pretty ****ing hype:
-Cecil
-Terra
-Black Mage

Never played their game but I like their design enough to make me hyped:
-2B
-Agnès

I played KH3D does this count?:
-Sora

I guess people would be happy:
-Geno
-Slime/DQ character
-Lara Croft

No:
-Lightning
Celes/Terra with the other as an echo?

That'd be hype.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
It could be an HTML edit, but the person editing it would need access to the page in the first place wouldn't they?
It's an extremely simple looking page. A good programmer could do it in a couple of hours, less if just for the screenshot. This kind of stuff is way, way easier to fake than your average ultra blurry picture in 4chan.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As a Capcom nerd I wouldn't mind if they get more reps - obviously pulling for Phoenix but Jill would.be great! Yet I feel strange about Dante - maybe because of the lack of DMC on a Nintendo platform. He wasn't even in Viewtiful Joe's original release. Still, would be cool.

I feel like we are all sleeping on Roll as a Mega Man echo.
Want me to add you to the Roll Supporters list?

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
anon: "Just checked with my own credentials, it ain't there (at least anymore) but Isabella IS the spelling there."

isabellawtf.png

HMMMMMM. Others on the thread said Isabella was a misspelling from before. Still don't think it's real but it's funny Isabelle was apparently actually misspelled

D

Deleted member

To be fair, if you visit the url in the screenshot http://press.nintendo.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate, it takes you to a login page.

So only press people have access to that.

Firmly on the side of HTML edit for now but the fact only press people can see it is...interesting.

Edit: Also "Isabella" wtf...fake as ****
Anyone can access the website with the login they provide. Though it's only the E3 press kit. But in that case, Anon probably saw how that one looked and edited it with Isabelle to make it seem new(all her images are the ones available on the website anyways).

D

Deleted member

Apparentlly someone in the 4chan thread says that "Isabella" has been a mispelling like that on the press website for a while now, however as it is a press website we can't log in to confirm that. Of course
random 4chan person has zero credibility on whether or not the press website has errors or not

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Anyone can access the website with the login they provide. Though it's only the E3 press kit. But in that case, Anon probably saw how that one looked and edited it with Isabelle to make it seem new(all her images are the ones available on the website anyways).
Hold up, let me make sure I understand...there's a generic login Nintendo's handing out? What? Then what's the point of having a login in the first place?

That only strengthens the argument that it's fake. Anyone can html edit this ****

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Imagine everyone's reactions if she ended up being the Square Enix rep after all.

I'm actually legitimately curious to know.
What would all of your reactions be if she was revealed to be in the game, and we didn't get any other Square rep?

I'm not saying it will happen. I know for an absolute fact it won't, and she's probably not even going to get in the base game. I just want to know if in this hypothetical situation, would you be hyped, neutral, surprised, or salty?
You already know this considering I'm pretty sure we are her loudest supporters but I'd lose my mind and would be happy with no matter what they reveal. I'd probably cry, too.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Okay boys and gals strap your tinfoil hats on and entertain this theory:

Spirits Mode: you start with original 8 Smashers , all the other characters have had their souls ripped out of them and their bodies have been turned into ***drumroll*** special assist trophies. Once you fight the boss character relevant to the character you unlock the character assist trophy helps you take on the boss.. once you defeat the boss, the assist trophy is imbued with it's spirit again, character is unlocked, Grinch leak supposedly shows assist trophies , but then these specific ones become real. Leakers are correct , Grinch is correct, incineroar gets struck by lightning , DLC gets purchased in the future and must be unlocked the same way in spirits mode. Spirits mode has 2 S's in it. Assist Trophy has 3 S's in it, 3 comes after 2...

.... Illuminati Confirmed?

Or we get Ken, Incineroar, Chibi Robo, and a frickin L shaped Tetromino and there's an unlockable Easter egg in the game of the Grinch being violently murdered by Sakurai

Pegg

Smash Rookie
Roll as a Mega Man echo seems cool, but I'd rather have a unique Mega Man rep, like Duo. Sadly, not even Capcom seems to remember him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom