• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Imagine everyone's reactions if she ended up being the Square Enix rep after all.

I'm actually legitimately curious to know.
What would all of your reactions be if she was revealed to be in the game, and we didn't get any other Square rep?

I'm not saying it will happen. I know for an absolute fact it won't, and she's probably not even going to get in the base game. I just want to know if in this hypothetical situation, would you be hyped, neutral, surprised, or salty?
I'd cry many tears of joy. :)

Her and Terra, are my favourite picks for a Square Enix rep.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
anon: "Just checked with my own credentials, it ain't there (at least anymore) but Isabella IS the spelling there."

View attachment 174030

HMMMMMM. Others on the thread said Isabella was a misspelling from before. Still don't think it's real but it's funny Isabelle was apparently actually misspelled
My knock against it is just being text makes it easier to be a HTML edit--had it included unreleased screenshots, then we'd be somewhere.

Yet for a split second my heart skipped a beat. Everyone be trolling us Banjo fans playing with our heartstrings. :c

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So apparently Liam also claimed that Shadow would be a Semi-Clone

And you know, its Liam so who knows, but that gives me slightly more hope for his inclusion.
So he's contradicting himself because they "believe" shadow is not in in their recent video.

Something is up. I'm inclined to believe his first statement is actually right, since it happened way before the leak. But now, ever since it happened, Game Explain has been avoiding discussion or theories, save for their last video where they talked about random nonsense for an hour and contradicted their previous theories

D

Deleted member

Hold up, let me make sure I understand...there's a generic login Nintendo's handing out? What? Then what's the point of having a login in the first place?

That only strengthens the argument that it's fake. Anyone can html edit this ****
The way it's set up makes me believe those of the press have their own logins that acvess a full page but the E3 one is accessible to anyone
Screenshot_20181031-140640~2.png

I haven't accessed it but I'm 99% sure the layout is the same as the "leak"

Last edited by a moderator:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
For ****'s sake in an hour and a single post I got 26 alerts, **** like this makes me skip to the latest page. Either something happened or I just attracted more people feeling attacked when I say "Whiny ******** who still ***** about something 3 years after despite it being better for them". Wonder why people feel addressed when I specifically call out the terrible *** apples cause this certainly ain't the first time
Is there a particular reason you're so angry all the time?? :laugh:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So he's contradicting himself because they "believe" shadow is not in in their recent video.

Something is up. I'm inclined to believe his first statement is actually right, since it happened way before the leak. But now, ever since it happened, Game Explain has been avoiding discussion or theories, save for their last video where they talked about random nonsense for an hour and contradicted their previous theories
So they contradicted their previous theories? Interesting. How, though?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
It’d be hilarious if Isaac is actually in but Vergeben and Emily’s sources confused Matthew with Isaac as the assist trophy

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Okay boys and gals strap your tinfoil hats on and entertain this theory:

Spirits Mode: you start with original 8 Smashers , all the other characters have had their souls ripped out of them and their bodies have been turned into ***drumroll*** special assist trophies. Once you fight the boss character relevant to the character you unlock the character assist trophy helps you take on the boss.. once you defeat the boss, the assist trophy is imbued with it's spirit again, character is unlocked, Grinch leak supposedly shows assist trophies , but then these specific ones become real. Leakers are correct , Grinch is correct, incineroar gets struck by lightning , DLC gets purchased in the future and must be unlocked the same way in spirits mode. Spirits mode has 2 S's in it. Assist Trophy has 3 S's in it, 3 comes after 2...

.... Illuminati Confirmed?

Or we get Ken, Incineroar, Chibi Robo, and a frickin L shaped Tetromino and there's an unlockable Easter egg in the game of the Grinch being violently murdered by Sakurai

TBH I think Spirits Mode will be all villains ripping out souls.

I mean... all trailers have a sequence of bosses beatin' the **** out "heroes".

Ridley killing Mario and Megaman.
The Reaper killing Luigi
K Rool killing K Dedede

I think that "lol sakurai is killin' everybody" is not just a coincidence.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Oh god I can genuinely see half the ****ing direct be the same **** they pulled at E3:
'let's talk about minor character changes like Olimar's cracked helmet for 20 minutes'

Bls no Sakurai: that material would have been perfect for blog filler but it's too late and we're now in the end-game.

D

Deleted member

Imagine everyone's reactions if she ended up being the Square Enix rep after all.

I'm actually legitimately curious to know.
What would all of your reactions be if she was revealed to be in the game, and we didn't get any other Square rep?

I'm not saying it will happen. I know for an absolute fact it won't, and she's probably not even going to get in the base game. I just want to know if in this hypothetical situation, would you be hyped, neutral, surprised, or salty?
Isn't that albino Lucina?:troll:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh god I can genuinely see half the ****ing direct be the same **** they pulled at E3:
'let's talk about minor character changes like Olimar's cracked helmet for 20 minutes'

Bls no Sakurai: that material would have been perfect for blog filler but it's too late and we're now in the end-game.
I'd love that cause it took me Pushblock Gaming's Samus video to notice she glows blue when using missiles like in Metroid 1 now. Like, holy **** that's such a minor detail that was unnecessary but very appreciated

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

To be fair, a lot of that stuff is more suitable to a Smash Direct. As someone who was hyped from the E3 Direct and then looking at people's reactions--many non-Smash fans were alienated by how in depth they went with tiny fixes. That having been said, I'm sure there's more than enough major content to fill the 40 minutes, especially with many of the other unknowns at this point.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
She has external ears, though.
I mean so does Olimar and we aren't calling him a mammal XD

Idk Pokemon are weird to classify. Idk if I'm even comfortable calling Mewtwo a mammal but definitely more so than Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff is just a ball of pink whipped cream.

osby

Smash Obsessed

What are you talking about, these are the best parts.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just remember; even if your most wanted doesn't get in there's still a lot to love about this game. Literally one of the biggest rosters in video games ever, how can you be disappointed in this? lol
Pretty easy in my case but I aint stoppin anyone else from liking it. I can still be dissapointed in it

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Roll as a Mega Man echo seems cool, but I'd rather have a unique Mega Man rep, like Duo. Sadly, not even Capcom seems to remember him...
He was in Mega Man Battle Network 4! He was like, the best part!

Okay, if we got a unique Mega Man rep my bias would want it to be Colonel.EXE or Bass.EXE.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Let me guess, you were raised by the King family as a result and didn’t like it? :troll:
No, instead some bird people showed up.

In all seriousness I don't hate K.Rool, I was rooting for him in 4, disappointed by the reactions at Corrin and Bayonetta, still a fan but a lot less passionate and a lot more pessimistic about him and then he got confirmed and his moves looked so boring to me

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
He did. Said he would yesterday. Don't know why.
I believe they said because they wanted to do it before the Direct, perhaps to avoid another mess or harassment as it approached. Trying to remember, because they were talking about it when they gave the 3 hour warning about setting it to private.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
guys when they say n64 classic they mean it's a classic from the 64 not the n64 classic console

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom