• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
It's fake... why would they say "Banjo Kazooie from the N64 classic" that makes no sense..
the person who said this didnt reply to you so you might not see it, but n64 classic isnt referring to a potential n64 classic product. theyre referring to the fact that banjo kazooie is an n64 classic, as in the game is a classic

radBoss

Smash Cadet
Aight, I'm going to risk so my credibility here and my entire career for you guys. Are you ready for so this insider information right now?

Ken: IN (duh)
Lanky Kong: IN
Crono: IN
Isaac: Sticker
Geno: Item
Incineroar: Alt Costume of Ken
Steve F. Minecraft: Boss
Janemba: IN
Crazy Foot: Boss
Banjo Kazooie: Dead

Pakky

Smash Hero
I mean, accusing Sakurai with rigging the results to put a random character he likes just because your fave didn't get in is kinda overreacting for being upset. Or I'm overestimating this fandom's emotional maturity.
You're right.

Though with the information at the time common sense just didn't justify what the result ended up being.

Its also weird that until now DK just doesn't get a whole lot of representation. Mother got assist trophies F-Zero did too.

DK? Nope, why?

When you put these things into consideration it makes more sense (though I don't support harassment) that people would be suspicious at best and outraged at worst.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
According to Snake’s VA, no new codecs have been done.
IIRC, he said no new codecs had been done "yet" so there's still a chance they pulled him back to record them after they 100% sorted out who'd be an echo and who was an alt cotume.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Aight, I'm going to risk so my credibility here and my entire career for you guys. Are you ready for so this insider information right now?

no one is allowed to be disappointed because isaac is a sticker and thats better than being forgotten

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
I like Andre's idea that instead of guidences of codecs, they have Calie and Marie or Off the hook comment on fighters. Since none of them have voice actors they don't need to pay extra and it would accommodate for DLC down the line while also staying true to the characters.

I think that be pretty great.
I love the codecs. but.... this.... is just great.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
if thats the case with dante, it doesnt make much sense. pretty sure he's been deconfirmed by a dev or voice actor for dante
Yeah, thats what got my attention in the first place. I saw people talking about it a few pages back (unless I didnt understand the context) that some insiders were saying Dantes in, and I got confused since that rumors been long dead

osby

Smash Obsessed
I like Andre's idea that instead of guidences of codecs, they have Calie and Marie or Off the hook comment on fighters. Since none of them have voice actors they don't need to pay extra and it would accommodate for DLC down the line while also staying true to the characters.

They do have voice actresses though: Keity.pop for Callie and Mari Kikuma for Marie. Their voices are filtered to hell and back but they still lend their voices.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Janemba before Bio Broly? FAKE

Pegg

Smash Rookie

Fake, where is the Home Depot stage? Any insider would have mentioned it, it's huge!

D

Deleted member

I dislike Callie and Marie a lot.

Them replacing the Snake codec would be something that i won't like.

I heard the two too much back in Splatoon 1.

But of course, the demand is huge, and it would be my duty to get over it and accept that.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I...just want to step away from the Direct...for a moment and ask something....

Is... it just me, or am I... the only person... who is believing the Banner leak? To be honest... in the first day everyone believed that... but then the next day, whatever it was...the insiders started to brutally attack the leak...saying it's completely fake...And now, fansites are reporting that the leak is fake...

Am I...alone?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also on the point of ballot winner: Not gonna open a "who won it?" debate because it's pointless at this point, but considering how much people dig the game's files, it's kinda weird nobody commented on the fact that all DLC fighters use other characters as base and characters like K.Rool or Inkling might not be realizable with limited DLC resources.

D

Deleted member

Is... it just me, or am I... the only person... who is believing the Banner leak? To be honest... in the first day everyone believed that... but then the next day, whatever it was...the insiders started to brutally attack the leak...saying it's completely fake...And now, fansites are reporting that the leak is fake...

Am I...alone?
Don't worry, I'm still on team real!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
D

Deleted member

Here's my roster! I themed it after the original 8 by picking the 8 characters I expect to spend the most gameplay time on:

roster.png

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
What if we get Grunty comments on the fighters complete with rhyme scheme instead of codecs/guidance?

(Assuming Banjo makes it in of course)

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman

Am I...alone?
Narp, haven't stopped believing here. #TeamReal

D

Deleted member

What if we get Grunty comments on the fighters complete with rhyme scheme instead of codecs/guidance?

Now that is something that i would love to use in the place of the Snake codec.

Chrollo.

fka president wario

Janemba???

BOJACK WHEN

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

Am I...alone?
Nah, I'm Team Real 100%

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Okay, so I've never played a Devil May Cry game, I never saw the Dante leak, I don't believe that Dante is going to be in the game, but I heard enough people talk about him being in the game, and somehow I had a dream last night where he was the first thing they showed.

Still don't believe it'll happen, though.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Real talk, I'll be disappointed if this doesn't happen.

Callie and Marie are basically my brother and me.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Imagine everyone's reactions if she ended up being the Square Enix rep after all.

I'm actually legitimately curious to know.
What would all of your reactions be if she was revealed to be in the game, and we didn't get any other Square rep?

I'm not saying it will happen. I know for an absolute fact it won't, and she's probably not even going to get in the base game. I just want to know if in this hypothetical situation, would you be hyped, neutral, surprised, or salty?
I'm already sick of seeing her everywhere because I can't play the game so she better come with a Switch port

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

This is something I've been enjoying the idea as for months--it makes so much sense. Though, someone recently suggested a Grunty's Furnace Fun stage where the questions are about different franchises. Not sure how that would be implemented in a Smash stage, though I love the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom