• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
No, it was a... a while back then, maybe a month ago or two. It's possible...they resumed work after they've finalized who would be echo and who would be alt costumes.
Speaking of alt costumes, we still have to see Diddy’s.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Sakurai mentioned it as they were considered but immediately dismissed along with James Bond due to the licensing issues, though referring to them as "obvious inclusions" is why I feel like, without the legal barriers mentioned, their inclusion would still be obvious, at least to me. Those legal barriers could still exist, but I was using the assumptions of the prompt. Also, "considers" is a difficult term to use, so I'm simply using the exact phrasing SG did.

It's not one or a couple polls, though, it's the combination of all of them, and Banjo & Kazooie are usually one of the top third parties, and the only evidence we have to suggest what may have happened in the ballot. You're free to not consider them, though.

I only refer to Spencer's tweet to emphasize the timing--the reason I feel Sakurai would choose Banjo & Kazooie was the previous note of having been talked about since Melee as well as their closer ties to Nintendo in addition to their popularity at the time. I never cared for the "money maker" argument, because I've seen people against Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion use the argument both ways--but if DLC, as people claim, is where the money's at, it makes sense to put the fan favorites in the game and a relevant Microsoft character as DLC, going with the trends of Ultimate so far.

Yes, they were. They were originally owned by Nintendo in Diddy Kong Racing (look at their trademark). There's plenty of press material from the era with Banjo & Kazooie alongside Mario and Donkey Kong. They aren't "currently", which is why I say I want them to come back home--I emphasized that was a personal desire. Also, let me make it clear, I'm not trying to argue with you--you asked Banjo guys a question, and I simply gave you my answer. :upsidedown:
So it wasn't said.

A combination of not real is stil not real. I still wish the Goemon poll was real, but it's not, I'm not holding my breath on that account.

Spencer's reply is an old one, like WiiU days if I'm not mistaken. No timing there. As for DLCs, I think the base roster IS the main attraction not DLCs. No one goes "oh what a nice DLC, I'll buy the game", it's usually "hmm, nice DLC. Ok, I'll take that". That is AFTER buying the game.

Sorry, they weren't. They never were owned by Nintendo. Nintendo was simply the publisher. Diddy (the whole DK crew) being a special case in this, since they're supposedly under the DK umbrella.

Sure, I was just trying to start a conv., reach a conclusion before the direct. That's all.

Edit: I'll say, I wish Sakurai proves me wrong by making it about the fans first, not money hunt. That is, if there was any MS rep, it should be Banjo.

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
This is something I've been enjoying the idea as for months--it makes so much sense. Though, someone recently suggested a Grunty's Furnace Fun stage where the questions are about different franchises. Not sure how that would be implemented in a Smash stage, though I love the idea.

Alternatively, maybe that could be a level in Spirits?

D

Deleted member

This is something I've been enjoying the idea as for months--it makes so much sense. Though, someone recently suggested a Grunty's Furnace Fun stage where the questions are about different franchises. Not sure how that would be implemented in a Smash stage, though I love the idea.

It would certainly be a welcome Smash Tour revamp!
I mean, people might actually LIKE it if it was like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159

Maybe this could be a boss stage in the story mode before fighting Grunty?

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
i mean youve got as much credibility as any other insider so i guess ill stick with believing you
I'm not saying it's real at all. It'd be super easy to fake the text even if you did obtain press creds. But knowing what I know, I could see this happening.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The direct starts with a sizzle reel of all the "hints" Sakurai's dropped over the last several months. The rope ladder. The chair. The Rathalos picture. The red eyes. The Donkey Kong tv-watching position in K. Rool's trailer. :troll:
Let's take a look at... more clues.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Screenshot_2018-10-31-10-35-58-1.png
Can't wait to see the changes to all the fighters!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Janemba???

BOJACK WHEN
Long as it isn't Tapion.

Seriously, if that Season 2 FighterZ DLC leak is real, everyone on it is cool-- but Tapion. Who. The ****. Wants Tapion.

KMDP

Smash Legend

That looks like a Fortune Street board.

Fortune Street mode for Smash...
Long as it isn't Tapion.

Seriously, if that Season 2 FighterZ DLC leak is real, everyone on it is cool-- but Tapion. Who. The ****. Wants Tapion.
I mean...
I wouldn't mind Tapion.

Tapion is cool.

Keyblader_Of_Smash

Smash Cadet
I'm quite shocked that no one has edited this video to make a meme for the Grinch Leak. Would someone please make this a meme? I would do it my self but I don't know how to do those fancy things with videos.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Hey even if we got all the old stages back anyone else feel like we could use some more brand new ones..? I could say lets do a forum game and think of one per franchise... Buuuut everyone may be busy with the holiday.. Someone else go first.

CaPtAiNInSaN0

Smash Rookie
I...just want to step away from the Direct...for a moment and ask something....

Is... it just me, or am I... the only person... who is believing the Banner leak? To be honest... in the first day everyone believed that... but then the next day, whatever it was...the insiders started to brutally attack the leak...saying it's completely fake...And now, fansites are reporting that the leak is fake...

Am I...alone?
...n...o...
it annoys me to no end when people type like this.

CaptainMac

Smash Cadet
Mini game time!

Post your list of no more than 10 characters. You'll score 10 points for each character that is shown tomorrow. Get @me with your results. Any posts containing an edit after the Direct starts will be disqualified. GO!

1. Incineroar
2. Ken
3. Shadow
4. Isaac
5. Mach Rider
6. Sora
7. Waddle Dee
8. Tetris Block
9. Banjo & Kazooie
10. Steve

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They do have voice actresses though: Keity.pop for Callie and Mari Kikuma for Marie. Their voices are filtered to hell and back but they still lend their voices.
true but they also speak in text bubbles. So they could get away without needing voice actors

Who is ready?
Holy **** I forgot this existed.

What better way for the eve of the direct to be Halloween where the grinch last appeared.
Let's take a look at... more clues.
And then:

Keyblader_Of_Smash

Smash Cadet
Mini game time!

Post your list of no more than 10 characters. You'll score 10 points for each character that is shown tomorrow. Get @me with your results. Any posts containing an edit after the Direct starts will be disqualified. GO!

1: Ken
2: Geno
3: Isaac
4: Banjo-Kazooie
5: Incineroar
6: Shadow
7: Mach Rider
8: Chorus Kids or Glee Club
9: Sora
10: Elma or Rex & Pyra

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I lied lol

So I found something in the leak that I haven't heard people talking about.

Shadow is aiming his trademark Bazooka or Gun in the banner.
20181031_134430.png

You can see he's aiming it down the sight, similar to this:
https://goo.gl/images/aeSKxy

The details in this leak if they aren't real man....

I...just want to step away from the Direct...for a moment and ask something....

Is... it just me, or am I... the only person... who is believing the Banner leak? To be honest... in the first day everyone believed that... but then the next day, whatever it was...the insiders started to brutally attack the leak...saying it's completely fake...And now, fansites are reporting that the leak is fake...

Am I...alone?
You are definitely not. If the ESRB was retorted and denied by them for X-reasons yet proven true, this one can be as well. On top of this, if ESRB only leaked the initial pics and not the videos, it'd be exactly the same situation, only the banner leak is far, far more complicated and difficult to pull off if it was fake.

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Mini game time!

1. Ken
2. Shadow
3. Mach Rider
4. Chorus Kids
5. Banjo-Kazooie
6. Isaac
7. Geno
8. Dante
9. Hilda
10. Sora

D

Deleted member

The Final Battle Roster.png

Can someone acknowledge this? I've posted it here twice now (excluding this post), and I'm actually pretty proud of it...

osby

Smash Obsessed
true but they also speak in text bubbles. So they could get away without needing voice actors
Eh, good thing about Metal Gear/Kid Icarus/Star Fox talk was that you didn't have to read the lines, you can just listen, but it's still possible I guess. (though Off the Hook is better)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Hey even if we got all the old stages back anyone else feel like we could use some more brand new ones..? I could say lets do a forum game and think of one per franchise... Buuuut everyone may be busy with the holiday.. Someone else go first.
Mario, zelda, and splatoon are covered.

Dk needs one based on tropical freeze. A frozen wasteland with the enemies roaming around.

Earthbound has to be inside the final area with gygas.

Kirby should have a stage based on robobot. The city with driving waddle dees would be perfect.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
jwillenn jwillenn , here is my Reply.
Mini game time!

Ken
Shadow
Chorus Kids
Mach Rider
Banjo
Isaac
Geno
Sora
Lloyd
Shantae

Last edited:
Status