• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Here

View attachment 174027

The fact they misspelled Isabelle is a glaring detail lol
Student studying the Website Developement here. I believe that this could been HTML editing but how? If this is great use of inspect element, and then GG.

What doesn't make sense IS that how did anon who posted that image have credentials, and recreating the website would take very long time just to capture screenshot of it unless it was planned as simple prank by editing the HTML with help of inspect element. I'm doubting this **** as simple prank.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
anon: "Just checked with my own credentials, it ain't there (at least anymore) but Isabella IS the spelling there."

View attachment 174030

HMMMMMM. Others on the thread said Isabella was a misspelling from before. Still don't think it's real but it's funny Isabelle was apparently actually misspelled
Hyuk intensifies.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Isabella LOL

this is fake as hell
Bros, I wrote for a major Nintendo site many years ago and eventually left game journalism to pursue other stuff, but I can confirm that a site like that used to exist for press to log into and it did look very very similar even back then.

StormC

Smash Hero
Isn’ a chimpanzee an ape, though? They have no tail like monkeys, if I remember correctly.
Diddy is a monkey and Dixie is a chimp.

Unless you're DKVine and think Dixie tucks her tail in her shirt to prevent weird interspecies romance.

For those DKViners reading, you know I love you.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Don't Snake and I think the Colonel call Diddy a chimpanzee in Brawl? You'd expect the son of Big Boss, Eater Of Everything, to know this stuff
According to the internet, chimpanzees are apes. Diddy is just a chimpanzee with a tail, maybe.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So he's contradicting himself because they "believe" shadow is not in in their recent video.

Something is up. I'm inclined to believe his first statement is actually right, since it happened way before the leak. But now, ever since it happened, Game Explain has been avoiding discussion or theories, save for their last video where they talked about random nonsense for an hour and contradicted their previous theories
I'm thinking after people cottoned on to the fact that one of them has insider info, they're trying to throw that image off.

They fear that Nintendo will butcher them more than they butchered Paper Mario

Pakky

Smash Hero
No, instead some bird people showed up.

In all seriousness I don't hate K.Rool, I was rooting for him in 4, disappointed by the reactions at Corrin and Bayonetta, still a fan but a lot less passionate and a lot more pessimistic about him and then he got confirmed and his moves looked so boring to me
Though I mean Bayonetta didn't win the ballot though there's evidence behind this now.

If anything she was decided VERY early on, and that's fine.

Though in the way it was presented at the time people being upset makes sense due how random it all seemed and how the message was conveyed.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Student studying the Website Developement here. I believe that this could been HTML editing but how? If this is great use of inspect element, and then GG.

What doesn't make sense IS that how did anon who posted that image have credentials, and recreating the website would take very long time just to capture screenshot of it unless it was planned as simple prank by editing the HTML with help of inspect element. I'm doubting this **** as simple prank.
dont forget its completely different from the E3 press site, another person sent a picture of the website with that removed, and other people are claiming thats how the website for press stuff looks

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Anything else?
Geno definitely. They dont think hes in in the new video for some reason. They specifically mention a square rep in their August direct predictions and namedrop Geno as top.

https://youtu.be/jcOwj5pJwBA

I'm not saying they have any definitely proof though. In the same video , they guess Ashley and we know her fate now.

SO THEY CAN BE 100% WRONG ABOUT SMASH, people need to understand that

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Geno definitely. They dont think hes in in the new video for some reason. They specifically mention a square rep in their August direct predictions and namedrop Geno as top.

https://youtu.be/jcOwj5pJwBA

I'm not saying they have any definitely proof though. In the same video , they guess Ashley and we know her fate now.

SO THEY CAN BE 100% WRONG ABOUT SMASH, people need to understand that
Anything el-naw just kidding! I am starting to believe thes guys are full of it.

D

Deleted member

I am so ready for this cinematic masterpiece.
Also on an unrelated note, could someone prank me? I want a purple name LMAO

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Guys...leaks or no leaks.

I think Banjo is really getting in.
yea im thinking that too. im more leaning to the whole grinch leak being true for a few reasons, but mainly that the only alledged source that isnt from nintendo is saying its real, while all the other insiders claim its fake

osby

Smash Obsessed
Though I mean Bayonetta didn't win the ballot though there's evidence behind this now.

Though in the way it was presented at the time people being upset makes sense due how random it all seemed and how the message was conveyed.
I mean, accusing Sakurai with rigging the results to put a random character he likes just because your fave didn't get in is kinda overreacting for being upset. Or I'm overestimating this fandom's emotional maturity.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Oh god I can genuinely see half the ****ing direct be the same **** they pulled at E3:
'let's talk about minor character changes like Olimar's cracked helmet for 20 minutes'

Bls no Sakurai: that material would have been perfect for blog filler but it's too late and we're now in the end-game.
I don't think they will, they never continued anything from E3 to August, I can't see them doing it again, save for items, which I'm sure we'll get (the ATs will be a doozy)

They'll go over any new stages specifically, the single player mode, online and characters, probably that's it, along with some possible new surprises

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I should also add that an acquaintance used to work for Nintendo marketing. Through the same person, I also know a very high up in Nintendo marketing whose name you'd recognize (I don't get info from them though); however, I do know that marketing interns with no hardcore game interest often handle the distribution of press materials like what you are seeing there, so accidentally posting the names early and misspelling Isabelle are well within the realm of possibilities.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I'm pretty sure "N64 Classic" in that sentence is referring to Banjo Kazooie the classic N64 game not an unconfirmed N64 mini console.

Pretty obvious

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Is that a gun!!!?!???!?!?

We can't have those in our christian smash game!
Don't worry. He never kills anyone with it.

Like none of the pilots do.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736

Bayonetta winning was really weird. not complaining, but she was not that popular back then.

People wanted the most all vets (Wolf,Snake, Ice Climbers, Pkmn Trainer) and other famous chars like Ridley, Dark Samus, K Rool, etc.

The Ballot was always for Ultimate.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Wait, some (but not all) insiders are now parroting the Dante leak????

...Were getting too many mixed messages from them. Isaac's in, Isaac's an AT, Geno's in, Genos DLC, Geno isn't in period, etc.
They can only agree on ONE thing (spicy garfield). Which tells me they're ****ing with people at the last minute to get some laughs in before the direct bombs go off and no one listens to them about Smash anymore. Or, they all have different info and genuinely believe it, but then one or more of them logically must have been baited.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure "N64 Classic" in that sentence is referring to Banjo Kazooie the classic N64 game not an unconfirmed N64 mini console.

Pretty obvious
yea i dont get how people were getting that it came from a product called the n64 classic lmao

I should also add that an acquaintance used to work for Nintendo marketing. Through the same person, I also know a very high up in Nintendo marketing whose name you'd recognize (I don't get info from them though); however, I do know that marketing interns with no hardcore game interest often handle the distribution of press materials like what you are seeing there, so accidentally posting the names early and misspelling Isabelle are well within the realm of possibilities.
i mean youve got as much credibility as any other insider so i guess ill stick with believing you

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It's fake... why would they say "Banjo Kazooie from the N64 classic" that makes no sense..
...Because that’s what they’re most known and iconic for?
Do you think they’ll expect the modern causal public know any idea who they are without a quick history knowledge?

It’s not even talking about the literal N64 Classic Mini, it’s the classic game from the N64.

That said, it’s probably fake but Isabella being a bad error isn’t impossible either.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like Andre's idea that instead of guidences of codecs, they have Calie and Marie or Off the hook comment on fighters. Since none of them have voice actors they don't need to pay extra and it would accommodate for DLC down the line while also staying true to the characters.

I think that be pretty great.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's fake... why would they say "Banjo Kazooie from the N64 classic" that makes no sense..
Because the "N64 classic" would be referring to their classic N64 game. Not the N64 Classic Mini....
Not that it's a real leak but seriously use a little intuition...

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Wait, some (but not all) insiders are now parroting the Dante leak????

...Were getting too many mixed messages from them. Isaac's in, Isaac's an AT, Geno's in, Genos DLC, Geno isn't in period, etc.
They can only agree on ONE thing (spicy garfield). Which tells me they're ****ing with people at the last minute to get some laughs in before the direct bombs go off and no one listens to them about Smash anymore. Or, they all have different info and genuinely believe it, but then one or more of them logically must have been baited.
if thats the case with dante, it doesnt make much sense. pretty sure he's been deconfirmed by a dev or voice actor for dante

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom