• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Tbh, thanks for this statement. Makes me a bit more hopeful!
ey no problem. id also like to add that with all the insiders, supposedly papagenos is the only one with a source thats from microsoft and not nintendo

im back on team real tbh. its very possible that sakurai has been trying to make sure it isnt basically confirmed with 5 newcomers and 2 echoes, and fake leaks are coming from nintendo. just my two cents though, we'll see tomorrow morning.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
To update you on the status. Firstly, Emily, admin of that site I won't mention, said the leak is fake. At start, she was discredited but then ZhugeEX stepped in to say that Shadow is an AT, gaining a lot of popularity. Finally, Vergeben now says that Isaac might be AT as he feared.

I do feel bad for Vergeben, maybe he got baited. But Emily and Zhuge? They are so annoying. I don't like them at all.

ZhugeEX has not said anything specific to anyone. He never said that lol.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Just remember; even if your most wanted doesn't get in there's still a lot to love about this game. Literally one of the biggest rosters in video games ever, how can you be disappointed in this? lol
I still want my icons war of Mario vs Sonic vs Crash dammit

D

Deleted member

Plot twist:

Not only do Sora and Geno share a trailer,

But so does Dante and Phoenix Wright. Dante is charged with murder and Phoenix Wright has to bust him out
Pretty goddamn sure Dante wouldn’t give two ****s about going to prison.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You’ll forgive BKupa for standing up for himself after you antagonized him - deliberately or otherwise - with misinformation.

Maybe the fact that you constantly bring this up speaks more about you than anyone else.
Oh no
I said he got mad at the mii costume which I clearly remember he was on the day after I saw the direct and I said it was incredibly unfortunate seeing him say something eerily similar to what the KKK said during Charlottesville which that thread had gotten some criticism over, which would be comparable to how unfortunate it is to have the Isis Megazord in Power Rangers, something completely accidental but still looks bad. The horror, clearly, I have slandered the guy for going "Yikes that just looks INCREDIBLY bad for you" despite hoping it all was unintentional. Arrest me officers, I did a big oopsie
There are no pizzas or sundaes in prison, though.
And thus, Devil May Cry Adventure 2 starts

D

Deleted member

What if this ended up being the roster:

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Evidence for the grinch > insiders with conflicted af info.

Verge, Emily, and the ******* who AT'd Shadow are seemingly aligned though and that really worries me, but I'm relatively confident the Grinch will prevail and this is all smoke and mirrors.
Really? You sure didn’t seem sure of that last night when you were having a ****ing psychotic breakdown

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Evidence for the grinch > insiders with conflicted af info.

Verge, Emily, and the ******* who AT'd Shadow are seemingly aligned though and that really worries me, but I'm relatively confident the Grinch will prevail and this is all smoke and mirrors.
I can certainly see a logical pathway that fits everything together--the banner, the consensus/inconsistent rumors. That being said, the evidence may be compelling but not conclusive, so anything can happen.

But I'll make a bold prediction anyways--the characters that will be in the game are those revealed in tomorrow's Smash Direct.

Mark my words.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
My prediction for the "Spirits" mode is that it's similar to The Great Cave Offensive in Kirby Super Star and The Great Maze, where you go through a big metroidvania area with various Nintendo locations to beat bosses and characters. This also serves as the main method of unlocking these characters; they're scattered around the map randomly, and by beating them you gradually unlock them.
This is what I'm thinking too.

Before you start your game, you can power up your character with spirits, akin to stickers/equipment.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Plot twist:

But so does Dante and Phoenix Wright. Dante is charged with murder and Phoenix Wright has to bust him out
I don't think even the length of the Direct itself would be enough time for the length of one of Phoenix Wright's cases. XD

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Honestly I think its real but outdated or something because No Inceniroar is suspicious.

Or the reverse, Incineroar could also be outdated, just like Gematsu, or another possible theory is every insider is currently in on it to protect their sources/told to do so by their sources.

Honestly, while I have certain doubts, I still can't wrap my head around it being fake. The number of coincidences this leak would have to manage to achieve or pre-plan number nearly in the hundreds, and its very important that we remember that.

I'm going in hoping the first trailer at LEAST supports it. 1 of the 7, rather 5 uniques, are revealed, as they are all from 5 different franchises that are not yet represented in smash. If the first trailer can at least keep the leak going a few minutes in to the direct, I'll be super happy because the rest will be crazy figuring out if its real or not.

This leak is a literal example of "An untoppable force meets an immovable object". Both sides being wrong just make no sense, but I'm biased that the insider side is faulty.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The direct starts with a sizzle reel of all the "hints" Sakurai's dropped over the last several months. The rope ladder. The chair. The Rathalos picture. The red eyes. The Donkey Kong tv-watching position in K. Rool's trailer. :troll:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Plot twist:

In truth, it was Dante’s brother, Vergil, whose act inadvertently got Dante in Smash Ultimate somehow.

StormC

Smash Hero
Oh no
I said he got mad at the mii costume which I clearly remember he was on the day after I saw the direct and I said it was incredibly unfortunate seeing him say something eerily similar to what the KKK said during Charlottesville which that thread had gotten some criticism over, which would be comparable to how unfortunate it is to have the Isis Megazord in Power Rangers, something completely accidental but still looks bad. The horror, clearly, I have slandered the guy for going "Yikes that just looks INCREDIBLY bad for you" despite hoping it all was unintentional. Arrest me officers, I did a big oopsie
And thus, Devil May Cry Adventure 2 starts
Well, I tried. This is the type of response that makes your alerts blow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom