• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
The only way i could sacrifice the grinch leak is if with conjuction of kencineroar we get Chrono, that would be the only way i could digest the grinch leak being fake af, even getting isaac as an AT.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
DMC5 PRODUCER SAID DANTE IS NOT IN!!! KEEP YOUR EXPECTATIONS IN YOUR PANTS PEOPLE!

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
im not sure, but after sleeping on it (hi im back by the way) i realized that if the grinch leak is real, it'd make sense for nintendo to give false info to trickle down to the insiders just to make sure nothing gets out from these credible sources. it wouldnt be like nintendo to just let insiders leak as much big news as the grinch leak holds, at least imo. so i have revived hype
Tbh, thanks for this statement. Makes me a bit more hopeful!

D

Deleted member

DMC5 PRODUCER SAID DANTE IS NOT IN!!! KEEP YOUR EXPECTATIONS IN YOUR PANTS PEOPLE!
I DON'T THINK THAT DANTE IS IN BUT DIDN'T BAYONETTA'S CREATOR SAY (OR AT LEAST IMPLY) THAT BAYONETTA WASN'T IN?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Hi guys! What's up in this thread?
To update you on the status. Firstly, Emily, admin of that site I won't mention, said the leak is fake. At start, she was discredited but then ZhugeEX stepped in to say that Shadow is an AT, gaining a lot of popularity. Finally, Vergeben now says that Isaac might be AT as he feared.

I do feel bad for Vergeben, maybe he got baited. But Emily and Zhuge? They are so annoying. I don't like them at all.

osby

Smash Obsessed
TBH that godesses have... you know...boobs, the definition of mammals.
Mammals also have to be organic. Palutena is made of light and metaphysics (and hair extensions).

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
The banner is probably real and all the insiders have probably been tipped to discredit to protect sources. I think if it is confirmed tomorrow they'll all come out and say they knew but had to keep it under wraps.
i think its more likely the tips they got were just fake leaks. it doesnt seem too out of the ballpark to think sakurai would try and keep 5 completely new characters underwraps. itd also make sense imo since itd probably keep speculation going so we dont necessarily have our hopes set high but we dont have them as low as we would assuming vergeben and the other insiders are 100% correct

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Plot twist:

Not only do Sora and Geno share a trailer,

But so does Dante and Phoenix Wright. Dante is charged with murder and Phoenix Wright has to bust him out
"Mr. Dante you're charged of murder against a priest"
"I never killed any priest"
"We literally have hundreds of witnesses"
*Pheonix sweats his ass off*
"Ok but he ain't dead dumbass yeehaw"
TOO LATE I'M FULLY EXPECTING 68 UNIQUE NEWCOMERS TOMORROW ANYTHING LESS THAN THAT MEANS NO BUY

osby

Smash Obsessed
I DON'T THINK THAT DANTE IS IN BUT DIDN'T BAYONETTA'S CREATOR SAY (OR AT LEAST IMPLY) THAT BAYONETTA WASN'T IN?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?
He didn't say she wasn't in, he only called people idiots for keep asking about it.

D

Deleted member

What if the Grinch leak is real but Shadow and Ken are unique and Isaac and Geno are Marth/Mii Gunner echoes respectively

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
What I know is that the leak is certainly real if the board can't load, or if there's over a thousand new posts after the Direct.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Probably because the Chozo appear very bird like

Also hi people, I'm back. Will mainly be lurking but I couldn't tear myself away from ****posting. :p
That's how I got dragged back in after lurking until a Direct was announced--couldn't resist the ****posting. It's addictive.

StormC

Smash Hero
For ****'s sake in an hour and a single post I got 26 alerts, **** like this makes me skip to the latest page. Either something happened or I just attracted more people feeling attacked when I say "Whiny ******** who still ***** about something 3 years after despite it being better for them". Wonder why people feel addressed when I specifically call out the terrible *** apples cause this certainly ain't the first time
You’ll forgive BKupa for standing up for himself after you antagonized him - deliberately or otherwise - with misinformation.

Maybe the fact that you constantly bring this up speaks more about you than anyone else.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Expectations for Spirits Mode.

Lowest: - Melee Adventure mode (which would still get me hyped)

Pipe dream: - SSE2 with locations that aren't ****ing generic
My prediction for the "Spirits" mode is that it's similar to The Great Cave Offensive in Kirby Super Star and The Great Maze, where you go through a big metroidvania area with various Nintendo locations to beat bosses and characters. This also serves as the main method of unlocking these characters; they're scattered around the map randomly, and by beating them you gradually unlock them.
Worst case scenario for me regarding spirits mode would be some kind of boss rush mode, or pumped up classic mode with bosses, and best case scenario (and what im hopingt get) is something akin to what mamaluigi described. I realllllly would love a smash metroidvania. extra icing on teh cacke if the areas aren't generic but series inspired. cutscenes aren't that mandatory.

Because an insider said there would be a crazy third party character reveal we don't see coming.
someone who leaked info correctly from DmC V before teh reveal also claimed that dante was in smash. this alone doesn't say much really.
there was also a leaked image, mind you, the leaked image was potato quality, and would be very easy to fake, in fact i don't remember where that image come from, so its certainly not different than the thousands of 4chan ****ty leaks.
The thing is, that there was a rumour a couple of weeks ago ( way before the grinch leak) that stated that there was a real image leak out there in the wild, along the thousand of ****ty 4chan leaks that ruffled some feathers, and that it wasnt the Ken leak.
Also another leaker who said that isabelle wouldnt be an echo (mind you that wasn't on itself that hard to predict) also said that we would be getting ken and icineroar on october and dante in november.
And there is a rumour that there is a a upcoming third party reveal that peopel arent expecting, and mostly due to the little noise the dante leak, and the grinch leak, people kinda completely fogot about dante.

Also, Capcom is porting everything to the switch, if the dante leak is real (heck even if it isn't) expect ports of every DMC (Except V) soon. And i think both Dante creator and sakurai would like this to happen. (is true that dante is almost everywhere, but it would be the first time he is in alongside Bayonetta)

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
What if the Grinch leak is real but Shadow and Ken are unique and Isaac and Geno are Marth/Mii Gunner echoes respectively
My honest to god worst case scenario. Disconfirms Arle by setting up the Sonic conga-line, delegates Geno to wasted potential, makes Isaac extreme wasted potential.

Treked

Smash Cadet
NNID
3DS FC
4296-3633-4104
Switch FC
SW-3184-5921-0328
But then there's two Ryus. Confusion ensues.
I mean we already got two Roys so it isn't that big of a deal heck if we get Isaac we'll technically have two Robins though in different languages.

Last edited:

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
i think its more likely the tips they got were just fake leaks. it doesnt seem too out of the ballpark to think sakurai would try and keep 5 completely new characters underwraps. itd also make sense imo since itd probably keep speculation going so we dont necessarily have our hopes set high but we dont have them as low as we would assuming vergeben and the other insiders are 100% correct
I think it's a possibility they have outdated knowledge on Isaac. He probably started as an AT but could have been promoted to playable later on in the game's development cycle.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Evidence for the grinch > insiders with conflicted af info.

Verge, Emily, and the ******* who AT'd Shadow are seemingly aligned though and that really worries me, but I'm relatively confident the Grinch will prevail and this is all smoke and mirrors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom