• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Welp. Here's the deal.. you have insiders with conflicting information..

You have a blurry banner with interesting circumstances surrounding it that hasn't been "debunked" concretely..

Everything is alive until the 1st... truthfully at this point, we're just as blind going into this direct as we would have been if nothing was "leaked" at all. There's so much confusion and conflict that at this point we know nothing.. and even if Geno gets revealed first or incinaroar, this direct will surprise us and we will be waiting until the very end to see what could pop up.

In the end we know nothing... so I would save any disappointment until you actually know what to be disappointed for...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly Isaac's Assist probably just got cut last time due to 3DS issues, like the Ice Climbers and the Chorus Kids. Last I checked, his Move psynergy was wonky even in Brawl. Sakurai may have always intended on bringing him back.

D

Deleted member

ALpharad is partially responsible for Bayo getting in so....
I don't think so. As far as I'm concerned, he's a Youtuber with a sense of humor that's somehow worse than that of John Oliver's.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Nobody else thinks it’s odd that Vergeben said he’s known Isaac is an AT for awhile, but never felt the need to say anything and now a day from the Direct he feels the need to drop this information? Which you can see in his post he just wants to give a “take that!” message to the Grinch Leak believers.

So clearly he wants to shove this in the #TeamReal peoples’ faces, but apparently forgot a week ago when he was arguing about the Grinch Leak that he had “IsaacisAT” info.

Dude is full of **** and is trying to stick it to a community before he becomes irrelevant after Thursday’s Direct.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I dont understand why leakers were so quiet, vergeben basically being the only one until this leak came about, and all of the sudden they know the whole roster

i really dont care about the characters anymore at this point, i just want the leak to be real and these arrogent people to be wrong

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
i'm sorry if your favorite nier character doesn't get in, it would be 2B(ad) for you.
hahahhahahhahhahahahhahhhaaaahahahahahahhhahahahahhahhahahahhahahahahhahahhahhahhahahahahahahahah
sorry goodnight boss

look at what you did.
you made him upset

you made him angry
what are we supposed to do about this mess now?​

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
- No source has ever deconfirmed him
- Mystic hints at a 3rd party shock
- A leak stated he was in that also got Isabelle's date on the money as well as possibly Ken and Incineroar
- Tansut claimed a leak ruffled feathers at a company linked with Smash, this being the aforementioned leak and Capcom being the company
- A total Sakurai pick

Guys, it's Dante. :(

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
To be honest, the only one with any conflicting information is Mystic and if I had to harbor a guess, It's probably because he's likely the furthest removed from the source of the information

Kagrenac

Smash Cadet

You have a blurry banner with interesting circumstances surrounding it that hasn't been "debunked" concretely..

Everything is alive until the 1st... truthfully at this point, we're just as blind going into this direct as we would have been if nothing was "leaked" at all. There's so much confusion and conflict that at this point we know nothing.. and even if Geno gets revealed first or incinaroar, this direct will surprise us and we will be waiting until the very end to see what could pop up.

In the end we know nothing... so I would save any disappointment until you actually know what to be disappointed for...
I don't take the word of people with 0 evidence

Plus Emily Rogers saying its fake means true.

D

Deleted member

- A leak stated he was in that also got Isabelle's date on the money as well as possibly Ken and Incineroar
- Tansut claimed a leak ruffled feathers at a company linked with Smash, this being the aforementioned leak and Capcom being the company
- A total Sakurai pick

I don't think is that likely, but it'd be awesome if it was Dante.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Honestly Isaac's Assist probably just got cut last time due to 3DS issues, like the Ice Climbers and the Chorus Kids. Last I checked, his Move psynergy was wonky even in Brawl. Sakurai may have always intended on bringing him back.
I feel like we often forget Smash 4 had some baffling decisions because it was also a 3DS game

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I... doubt that.
Unless Alpha secretly works at Nintendo, I don't see how he had influence on her inclusion.
I mean it wouldn't be unheard of for Youtubers to have some degree of sway over voting competitions.

Etika and Mangs are pretty much solely responsible for how well Donnel and Louise did on Fire Emblem Heroes' Choose Your Legends polls, respectively. Granted that's a smaller audience than Smash, but still.

There is was a cruel lack of humor/memes in here... oh and also Happy Halloween! :bobomb:
Yeah, shame on them. Who on EARTH would have a disturbing obsession over certain characters and it'd be okay?!!!
I think you dropped this Zinith:
:yoshi:
;)
Oh, that's just so when I like a post it looks like 28 people liked it.
Life sucks, nothing matters and death is inevitable. Deal with it.
:204: "Wild Pineco Appeared!"
Not gonna lie:

This is some stressful ****.
Damnit Kuririn!! Not again!

Shroob

Sup?
I swear to god.

If Grinch Leak IS fake....

I want a .gif of HELLmo with whatever newcomers we get hovering over him.

I'll hold one of you accountable for this.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
- A total Sakurai pick

Ha, I wish.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Nobody else thinks it’s odd that Vergeben said he’s known Isaac is an AT for awhile, but never felt the need to say anything and now a day from the Direct he feels the need to drop this information? Which you can see in his post he just wants to give a “take that!” message to the Grinch Leak believers.

So clearly he wants to shove this in the #TeamReal peoples’ faces, but apparently forgot a week ago when he was arguing about the Grinch Leak that he had “IsaacisAT” info.

Dude is full of **** and is trying to stick it to a community before he becomes irrelevant after Thursday’s Direct.
Again, Verg is just like Dave Meltzer.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
- A total Sakurai pick

If it is then this is Bayo and Corrin all over again. Incineroar = Corrin and Dante = Bayo.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
I don't think is that likely, but it'd be awesome if it was Dante.
Hey, I'd be happy for you! But I REALLY want to get it in the air right now that it is probably Dante because I know a lot of people such as myself will be disappointed by it. I am now firmly believing it's him, so my hype for the direct has nearly died, especially since the same leak deconfirmed Geno, but I still really want to see Spirits.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Alright, so. I really gotta ask. Because it's been on my mind all day.

Let's go with the assumption that the banner is fake. Why, when it suddenly releases, does literally EVERYONE under the sun come out with info about the game that they otherwise withheld? And so aggressively/shooting down the real thing too? Like I honestly don't understand the purpose behind trying to be a party pooper (regardless of the legitimacy of this) asides from garnering attention. But it's SO many people. Like.

Was this game THAT ****ty at being kept a secret?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
- A total Sakurai pick

Don't raise my hopes

NineS

Smash Lord
- A total Sakurai pick

If there's a Sakurai pick here, it's Mach rider.

or 2B. I mean, Bayonetta was a bit of a Sakurai pick too.

There's also Tetris block. And whatnot.

I mean, for all we know guys, Goomba is playable.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Again, Verg is just like Dave Meltzer.
It is making me horrendously uncomfortable seeing wrestling fan talk outside of light-hearted Incineroar jokes here on Smashboards. I spend most of the rest of my internet time in wrestling fan communities so it's just weird.

Also, if he's Meltzer, does that make LaxChris Wrestlezone? :4pacman:

NineS

Smash Lord
Honestly, why even bother with leaks at this point? Everything, regardless of the leaks, has been set in stone at this point.

We're going to find out everything tomorrow. Worrying about leaks isn't going to be any good.

Tart

Smash Cadet
Why, when it suddenly releases, does literally EVERYONE under the sun come out with info about the game that they otherwise withheld?
It's possible that it's because we're so close to the direct, translators and other employees have to work and plan for that stuff and I'm sure that's how info leaks out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom