• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Did you walk to a whole other country? It's been hours since the announcement!
I go on very long walks. My dog has a ton of energy so I normally take her out for a few hours at a time to burn it all out. It's also good excersize for me as well, and I just like walking.

Not sure what breed she is for certain but I think she's a border collie and whippet mix, which would explain all the energy.

Edit: Woah didn't realize it was 7 hours ago though. I guess I just got the news late.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I was just thinking, and a little connection came in my head.

Let’s say during this direct, they reveal all of the remaining characters. It’d make sense that they’d like to have all the promotional material with the newly completed banner ready to go right away.

The leak happened only about a week ago, meaning another assumed claim of the leak is that the mural was just printed a week ago, a week before the Smash Direct happened to be.

Hmmmmm....

And before anyone says they might have been printed much early, I doubt they’d just leave confidential and sensitive pieces just lying around like that in some guy’s office for no more than a day.
holy ****

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
but what if more in depth Mii builder

soulcalibur 6 character builder except miis

Last edited:
Because it is all for attention, in the end. They get a bunch of followers and likes and retweets for all these statements they make. More so than probably anything else they've probably ever said in their lives. That's kind of why it's all on Twitter. It attracts that social media activity, as opposed to being in a Discord server or forum where you're talking directly to people like us. People link to what they say on forums and on Reddit and everywhere else.

Is Vergeben the only one who is sharing his info on a forum, not on a social media platform?
Not sure but it's also somewhat easier to cover your tracks and delete posts/tweets/accounts on social media if you get something wrong and it turns out to be a blooper. Unless someone screenshots it.....

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Dude you are amazing. This is fantastic.

And I got me a new picture <---

I love it!

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
No need to apologize, I myself was confused over the Banjo hype until recently. Shadow's similarities to Sonic mean he can easily be built off of him with a different flair to his playstyle, while Tails would require more work due to his different physique and abilities. Really just the fact that Shadow's fate is still completely up in the air this close to launch after two new AT promotions has gotten people excited/worried.
pff.. don't worry, I'm confused about it all. To me almost every request seems weird if it wasn't Goemon :p

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Okay, for people who keep asking when the direct is:

Look at the announcement first. November 1st, 7:00AM PST. You have to look at THAT date. Japan's time doesn't matter, because it's airing at 7AM Pacific Standard Time. If you're not in Pacific Standard Time, google a conversion to your time.

Live events do not air at different times. Just look at when it's announced for, and in what time zone. That just means if you live in that time zone that's when it'll happen. Then convert that time zone to yours. (Not being sarcastic or trying to make fun of anybody, several people have seemed to be confused about when the direct is occurring)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
geno would arguably be just as bizarre as an assist, mainly because sakurai himself is the most important geno supporters
Although I personally expect Geno to be playable in Ultimate (either in the base roster or as DLC), he is still a side character from a single game released over 20 years ago. Assist Trophy status is usually the fate reserved for characters of his type (one-shots with a notable amount of popularity).

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
geno would arguably be just as bizarre as an assist, mainly because sakurai himself is the most important geno supporters
as much as I want Geno, he feels like one of those characters that could very casually be the next case of "yup, it's him!". even if Sakurai has gone on record to say he liked certain characters, there are a lot of characters with vocal fanbases that have been remorselessly deconfirmed recently - Bomberman and Waluigi come to mind.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Although I personally expect Geno to be playable in Ultimate (either in the base roster or as DLC), he is still a side character from a single game released over 20 years ago. Assist Trophy status is usually the fate reserved for characters of his type (one-shots with a notable amount of popularity).
i mean, by that logic k rool, simon, and ness would be assists, but idk.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
8 and 9 both have over 1.5 million sales in the West, and I would imagine that DQXI is nearing that as well, and will reach that when it launches on Switch.
I think the game looks pretty good too, even though it’s on another platform atm, I’m holding out for the Switch release. :grin:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If you ask me what the guy was referring to when he mentioned the true roster was better than the leaked one, I think the lineup is going to consist of third-party Japanese gaming icons whose franchises are popular worldwide from currently licensed companies. Heihachi, Frogger, Leon Kennedy, etc.

I proposed this theory quite a while ago:

https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-speculation-discussion.453424/page-79#post-22475677

Based on the statements the guy made, I am inclined to believe that he global third party icon route is a real possibility.
To be frank, the leaked roster is incredibly exciting, but on a personal level one that has Isaac, Geno, the Chorus Kids...but also like...Elma, Leon Kennedy/Jill Valentine, Joker, 2B, Arle Nadja, Travis Touchdown, Phoenix Wright, KOS-MOS, etc...I can see why that would be way more exciting to some people (myself included). For all I know they could hit us with ****ing Reimu and Quote and Bond and I'd die instantly.

Like, it's not impossible to make a better roster than the leaked one that doesn't include big fan faves, it's just a matter of changing your perspective.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay Everyone!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

i'm a star :denzel:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
8 and 9 both have over 1.5 million sales in the West, and I would imagine that DQXI is nearing that as well, and will reach that when it launches on Switch.
I could have sworn that both of those entries had sold lower than 1 million. Are you just combining the sales of individual entries? Isn’t that cheating? Maybe I just looked at the NA sales at the time of my research. Either way, I recall interviews from Square that even those entries had not met sales expectations in the West though. Even with the most recent entry, Square said they were still aiming to make Dragon Quest a big deal prior to the Western release.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'm pretty sure Smash 6 would be a reboot, simply titled Super Smash Bros.
They'd need solid marketing to make that work.

Can't see this community taking well to plenty of cuts. Smash is after all a character game.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Simon and Ness are main characters and the main representants of their series, while K. Rool has had several appearances and is the main villain of his series.

I don't think it's likely Geno is an AT mind you, it's not an absolute impossibility, but I'd be extremely surprised. Your comparisons just don't really line up.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Out of all those leaked. Ken is the weirdest. I mean, who even asked for Ryu? Didn't Sakurai say he won't put fighters that were fighters in their game (like a fighting game). I guess he's trying to prove an echo point.. but that's going too far. A color swap man.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!
Wow, you did a marvelous job with this poster man. The fact that you could fit so much into one image and make it feel cohesive is awe-inspiring in my opinion. :love:

You have amazing talent honestly and I hope you keep going with these should you choose to do so. :)

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

YO I made it!! Woohoo this is dope! Thanks Noipoi Noipoi for including me. Fun project!!

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Lmao no, he said that it's not because he is working on a KH and Persona Website that it forcefully means that the newcomers he knows about are linked to those franchise-

That was before he finally explain everything he knows.
this is the tweet you're talking about right? Unless I don't understand what he's really saying.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I was just thinking, and a little connection came in my head.

Let’s say during this direct, they reveal all of the remaining characters. It’d make sense that they’d like to have all the promotional material with the newly completed banner ready to go right away.

The leak happened only about a week ago, meaning another assumed claim of the leak is that the mural was just printed a week ago, a week before the Smash Direct happened to be.

Hmmmmm....

And before anyone says they might have been printed much early, I doubt they’d just leave confidential and sensitive pieces just lying around like that in some guy’s office for no more than a day.
Would have been right and not a tinfoil hat theory if the Leaked banner used the Japanese Logo so you could make the connection with the upcomming tournament the next day in japan where everytime there is one with Ultimate, they show that real-life mural updated. Which also absolutely make no sense for them to call a French Company for it when they probably do them locally per region.
If that banner had to be used, it would be for promotional stuff, but those things would probably come waaay later in november.

Untouch

Smash Master
I could have sworn that both of those entries had sold lower than 1 million. Are you just combining the sales of individual entries? Isn’t that cheating? Maybe I just looked at the NA sales at the time of my research. Either way, I recall interviews from Square that even those entries had not met sales expectations in the West though. Even with the most recent entry, Square said they were still aiming to make Dragon Quest a big deal.
According to VGChartz, 9 sold around 1.4 million and 8 sold around 1.3 million.
Sales aren't in for DQXI but NPD said that it was the highest opening for the series, almost doubling 8.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
K. Rool was the villain of the Rare and Paon developed Donkey Kong games, and had a fanbase that was much, much, much larger than Geno's is now. K. Rool also went on hiatus for ten years, not over 20.

Simon Belmont is basically the Marth of Castlevania. He is the original protagonist to the series, and by far the most iconic. He has also been the main hero of several games such as the first one, II, IV, and Chronicles.

Ness got in Smash 64 when his game was only four years old (and a 64 installment for his series was in development).

Geno does not compare to any of these characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom