• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

The Incineroar...

Beautiful... :crying:

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
OK so I have a question. If this grinch banner is fake then where is the person who made it? They only have a day to come forward before almost nobody cares anymore. Anyone who has been around for previous smash cycles know that once all the characters are announced there is a mass exodus from the boards and all speculation.

You would think if this was an elaborate fake then the person would want recognition for the best damn smash hoax ever. And if they knew enough to be so detailed in their fake then surely they are familiar with the community and know that there will be half as many eyes and even less people who care if he waits to come forward after the direct.

So again, if it's fake, where is the person who made this thing?

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
why the heck is evrey one obsesed with the number 6969?

cant wait for all them reaction videos

and that new mode.

also if the grinch leak is true.... all them so call insiders that keep on harrasing/saying rude things to people are gona get hate... mostly this one that you hear behind this music...

welp lets wait 30 hours... im going to bed.
blogpic7.jpg

im a sleepy BOI just like these puppers.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Okay Everyone!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Huh. Thought I'd asked to be included . Aw well. Here's to the future. Cool pic either way.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just got back from taking my dog on a really long walk and it seems like we finally got our direct anouncement. And its 40 minutes long! In the wise words of Captain Falcon: Yes!

With a direct that long there has to be plenty of content left to show. Even if the Grinch leak turns out to be fake this is still going to have to be good. I'm going to go in with an open mind, hyped but not for any one specific thing, just hyped for the game itself.

Also oh hey I just realized Noipoi did their Season 2 poster.
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

This one is absolutely fantastic. The way its spaced out lets each character stand on their own and better suits your more simplistic style. I'm lowkey a little jealous I got to be on the Season 1 poster rather then this one. That one was also good but was also a little on the cluttered side.

D

Deleted member

All this talk of insiders using social media makes me curious, have there ever been any legitimate leaks posted on 8chan?

Iridium

Smash Hero
I want Ryu Hayabusa to get in just so I can get everyone to unironically say they've been :ultgreninja:'d.

gloop898

Smash Cadet
i mean, someone pointed out that they couldve removed the tiny details on it because it wouldve blurred together if it was a bracelet (or like one of those round lamp display thingies especially) but if you feel that way i wont stop ya
That's definitely possible, but idk, I don't think they'd need to remove details and such, and some of the stuff removed wasn't even tiny.
To me it doesn't make sense to change the background of the banner in the ways the leak showed. So I go with my gut, the whole things fake.

We'll find out either way soon.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
If you ask me what the guy was referring to when he mentioned the true roster was better than the leaked one, I think the lineup is going to consist of third-party Japanese gaming icons whose franchises are popular worldwide from currently licensed companies. Heihachi, Frogger, Leon Kennedy, etc.

I proposed this theory quite a while ago:

https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-speculation-discussion.453424/page-79#post-22475677

Based on the statements the guy made, I am inclined to believe that he global third party icon route is a real possibility.
They wouldn't do Japanese icons without a dragon quest rep.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Protip for fans disappointed that their favorite was only an assist trophy:
When you get the game, instead of only playing according to competitive rulesets, occasionally have friendlies with Assist Trophies on. Spend entire nights exploring the game outside of just the usual 1-v-1 Smashville 2 stock Double Bayonetta part of the game. I had Smash 4 since launch and I never, ever did any Master Orders or All-Star mode. (The song is better).

One thing I've started to really enjoy doing, and this a bit derailed from the AT topic, is messing around with the game options and having some fun there. I've started doing 200 Stamina Heavy Special Smashes and fighting on some somewhat-legal stages against the CPU. It's a different game when you can't combo as well and your opponent does better on the ground.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If you ask me what the guy was referring to when he mentioned the true roster was better than the leaked one, I think the lineup is going to consist of third-party Japanese gaming icons whose franchises are popular worldwide from currently licensed companies. Heihachi, Frogger, Leon Kennedy, etc.

I proposed this theory quite a while ago:

https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-speculation-discussion.453424/page-79#post-22475677

Based on the statements the guy made, I am inclined to believe that he global third party icon route is a real possibility.
I've had a similar thought for DLC. I think there will be a lot more 3rd party characters that no one is guessing in DLC, and not all the 1st party characters people are saying could be in

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Just got back from taking my dog on a really long walk and it seems like we finally got our direct anouncement. And its 40 minutes long! In the wise words of Captain Falcon: Yes!
Did you walk to a whole other country? It's been hours since the announcement!

paper roxy

Smash Ace
That's definitely possible, but idk, I don't think they'd need to remove details and such, and some of the stuff removed wasn't even tiny.
To me it doesn't make sense to change the background of the banner in the ways the leak showed. So I go with my gut, the whole things fake.

We'll find out either way soon.
not all of it was for being tiny and thats what the theory for the lamp thing comes from, the bright details would just mesh together and make weird blobs of light in it

Untouch

Smash Master
:estatic:
One of my most wanted characters is irrelevant in Japan, and the other is irrelevant in the West.
Sakurai please add them both and make a reference to this.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If the grinch leak is fake Im not gonna be mad (will be a little sad but not too much)

We are still getting quite a bit of those newcomers base on what I’m seeing

Oh and I got the average time of all the trailers it’s 1:42 as average if you include the echos (daisy was literally only 23 seconds)
(By the way isabelle trailer is about 1:55 minutes because that’s when the animal crossing 2018 trailer started in the 3:04 video)

If I did the math right you would need close to 11:54 for 7 characters so round up to 12 minutes but really depends how much he content is talked about I don’t see much a problem for 7 characters I think there’s plenty of time

But only time will tell insiders is to not be taken for gospel since it could be wrong

I’m gonna have to ignore the insiders now they seem to be dreaming for attention and that assist trophy thing could be the bait
And incineroar ( and it’s simply because of the ballot is why we don’t have to worry about geno, Isaac and banjo)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
They wouldn't do Japanese icons without a dragon quest rep.
I would agree with you, had Dragon Quest had an entry in the franchise prior to the Ultimate project plan that was proven to be a huge success to Square. I don’t think it is going to happen, maybe as DLC if DQ11 sells incredibly well on PS4, and eventually on Switch.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
When you get the game, instead of only playing according to competitive rulesets, occasionally have friendlies with Assist Trophies on. Spend entire nights exploring the game outside of just the usual 1-v-1 Smashville 2 stock Double Bayonetta part of the game. I had Smash 4 since launch and I never, ever did any Master Orders or All-Star mode. (The song is better).

One thing I've started to really enjoy doing, and this a bit derailed from the AT topic, is messing around with the game options and having some fun there. I've started doing 200 Stamina Heavy Special Smashes and fighting on some somewhat-legal stages against the CPU. It's a different game when you can't combo as well and your opponent does better on the ground.
To start the game I know my friends and I are gonna be trying 3v3 squad strike with one stock for each fighter and final smash meter.

Darkbeard

Smash Apprentice
I think it'd be really cool if, in the supposed "story mode", the killable ATs could be found/recruited and act as companions to your character. They could follow you around, helping you to fight off common foes and such. Maybe even assist you in boss fights, hmm?

D

Deleted member

why the heck is evrey one obsesed with the number 6969?
It’s because the symmetry of the number and the fact that 6 and 9 look like each other when flipped make the number 6969 appealing, similarly to how 420 is an appealing number as the three digits are all in intervals of two.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
So long as Geno makes it I'm fine with literally everything else.

Him being an assist would be nice, but... DAMN it would hurt when Sakurai literally called him a "perfect fit".

I have confidence. Leak or no leak, Geno is in. Quote me on it.

Especially because if he isn't Ridleyridster Ridleyridster Is going to have me with Barbie as my avatar for a month...
You've got this my friend.

Look forward to seeing Barney tomorrow.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I would agree with you, had Dragon Quest had an entry in the franchise prior to the Ultimate project plan that was proven to be a huge success to Square. I don’t think it is going to happen, maybe as DLC if DQ11 sells incredibly well on PS4, and eventually on Switch.
C'mon Blue.
You can't look at me, talk about Japanese gaming Icon or famous **** and pull the "Relevance muh recent game" argument for Dragon Quest of all licence.

For ****ing Dragon Quest.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If the Grinch Theory is fake. This is who I'm expecting to be the most likely.

Incineroar
Isaac
Ken
Shadow

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I step away for most of the day for once and the Direct actually turns up. Too bad I'll be at work when it airs, during a time where I can't take my lunch, at a new job location that doesn't allow me to use my phone or listen to any media while working. Gonna be a long shift.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

Once I’ve unlocked everyone, I go into training and spend an indefinite amount of time by deciding a new main.

gloop898

Smash Cadet
not all of it was for being tiny and thats what the theory for the lamp thing comes from, the bright details would just mesh together and make weird blobs of light in it
I don't really want to get into it, so we'll just have to agree to disagree. We'll find out the answer on Thursday anyway.

Untouch

Smash Master
8 and 9 both have over 1.5 million sales in the West, and I would imagine that DQXI is nearing that as well, and will reach that when it launches on Switch.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Banjo-Kazooie is the only one of those (aside from the basically leaked Ken) that would be incredibly bizarre to be in as an Assist Trophy. For the others it is certainly credible for various reasons.
geno would arguably be just as bizarre as an assist, mainly because sakurai himself is the most important geno supporters

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

I hardly ever play tournament style game modes. 1-v-1 Smashville 2 stock no items? That gets boring fast. I don't think the "usual" is all that common. Just saying. :)

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Hey um TeamFake and TeamReal, do you guys um have any more of dem dere memes for when the leak is confirmed/deconfirmed by the direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom