• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, I'm back, I'm weak and I have a question:
"Most of the characters are assist trophies"

I think I'm gonna faint-

*see's a post about the Grinch being real, and there's a picture of the game case, the game's cartridge, and a special bag with the game's logo*

Can I see what you're talking about?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Do you guys think there'll be a major fallout from the fanbase if the Grinch leak is fake, but Isaac and Geno are still in? Banjo would obviously be a huge miss, and Shadow, Chorus Kids and Mach Rider do have their fans aswell, but Isaac and Geno are so popular that they might just be able to get the majority hyped anyways and avert a disaster.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Mystic just needs to stop.

Not that I'm agreeing or disagreeing with him. But. The young lad's being stupid now. If he's legit? He's tanking HIMSELF. And crying about it. I understand he's new to this whole facet of the industry (if he's not trolling/lying), but now I'm getting kinda annoyed at just how many people are coming out of the woodwork. If everyone is right, this game is not airtight at all, and again. That falls on Nintendo/Sakurai to blame if they couldn't keep things from spilling.

But, alas. He's getting attention for being the "hero" we want. I hold no stake in anything any of these people say anymore. Whether I'm right (real) or if I'm wrong (fake) doesn't really matter anymore. Couple more days to go and we'll be closer to this hype new game!

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
“I’m losing my career and my life is ruined because I was pushed and was too specific. I’m done with this Smash ****. I’m privating my Twitter.”

“Isaac is definitely in. The actually roster will be a lot better than the leak.” (the leak that includes Isaac, Geno, and BANJO, might I add)

I can’t be the only one thinking he’s starting to sound like he just wants attention, can I?
To be fair when talking about the roster being even better he also says he’s pretty confident in Geno and does not dismiss Banjo.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Wow, I have no words for how great this is. It's looks both gorgeous and funny. Great job!

(and I'm in there ^^)

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the whole AT thing is probably bluff from the deeper ups, remember, lies can be said and spread.

I'd make no sense to have a AT in the banner since all the characters in the mural are the meant to be Playable (Except Mr. Saturn. He's a Item and The Smash Team likely enjoys him a lot more. I mean how can you not love these guys?)
Emily
"Just to be clear: the entire Grinch banner is just straight up fiction/fake.
The banner is missing multiple characters.
There's characters on the banner that shouldn't be there at all.
The banner also confuses assist trophies for playable characters. "
It's not just one it's multiple.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay Everyone!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Wow that’s pretty long.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Mystic is the gift that keeps us going.

ALSO
>Another third party JPRG Characters (except if it's indeed Geno)

WE RIDE ON SQUARE-ENIX BOOOOOOY LEZ GO
LLOYD INTENSIFIES

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Continuing on from what I said before, I wouldn't rule out Banjo for an Assist Trophy either. Remember, Rayman was just a trophy, and Shovel Knight is an Assist.
I would close to rule it out. Those are different situations.
Rayman and Shovel Knight were both heavily requested, but weren’t pipe-dream levels of Banjo.
In addition, Rayman and SK were probably relatively easy to get the rights to, especially in the former’s case. It seems unlikely that Nintendo would go out of their way to meet with and pay one of their main rivals just to include one of the most-wanted Smash characters for over a decade as an assist trophy.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Based on the info we have, I’m guessing Mach Rider and Chorus kids are ATs with Sora being the missing newcomer

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Honestly Geno being an AT does make more sense than people are giving it credit. X and Knuckles both got costumes and were made ATs, and both of them have larger fan bases, more games and more story importance.

At the end of the day Geno comes down to Sakurai and Square Enix’s willingness to want him playable over other characters.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I could see the CK, Shadow, Mach Rider, or Isaac as an AT. Of course with everything up to this point I just as easily could see Isaac playable and Shadow playable.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

You have some good art.

(can I be in season 3)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!
Brilliant.

You did exactly what I asked. :laugh:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Give me one reason beside Disney.

I'm feeling heated

Ready to counter your argument.

View attachment 173755
I'm not gonna be a part of this debate because I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game and know nothing about the character besides he uses a key as a sword and his best pals are Donald and Goofy.

But I do understand a gut feeling of "that just feels wrong" from Cloud. Obviously my view isn't shared with the greater community, but when I saw Cloud announced, I was like, ".......wait. Why." It's not really a point that can be argued so much as felt on an individual basis.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Wooooow I'm on it thanks a lot ! :love::crying::awesome:
Very cute poster !

D

Deleted member

So wait, why is Mystic so credible again? Did he get Direct dates right or something?

Alchadylan

Smash Cadet
Out of no where reveal idea:
Sakurai: I know our slogan was Everyone is Here, but that is an impossible task for any one development team, so we are reaching out to you, the fans to finish our dream. Introducing the Ultimate Character Creator, where you can create your own Echo Fighters based on any character in the roster. *goes into details about this super indepth character creator* We will be continually adding features and cosmetics to allow you to further customize these fighters to and hope that with your help, truly everyone will be able to smash.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Btw, before I forget
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

You arts is amazing, great job! :)

Sad I wasn't in it tho...but hey! Season 3 maybe?

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

I stand by what I said last time. Your art is really pretty and unique.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!
Looks great!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

This is so cool, these posters are going to be great memories to look back on when this speculation cycle is long gone. My favorite on this is definitely Jgt044 Jgt044 , that avatar always makes me chuckle.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

You didn't joke when you said I was part of the Star Boy now.

I love you and your Art Noipoi! Continue like this!

D

Deleted member

Btw, before I forget

You arts is amazing, great job! :)

Sad I wasn't in it tho...but hey! Season 3 maybe?
I would love to be in season 3 too.

Just make me something similar to Crash, but with glasses, black hair and a Screwattack shirt.

That would be enough for me.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I feel like the whole AT thing is probably bluff from the deeper ups, remember, lies can be said and spread.

I'd make no sense to have a AT in the banner since all the characters in the mural are the meant to be Playable (Except Mr. Saturn. He's a Item and The Smash Team likely enjoys him a lot more. I mean how can you not love these guys?)

Honestly, it's possible Mystic's sources were pissed at him for even saying it, because it's now possibly outed his source through possible BS info.

I'll keep it in the back of my mind. I'm still team real all the way, I'm just tired of it now lol

Shroob

Sup?
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

*Sees an adorable little Shroob*

I love you.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
The lack of any new zelda representation surprises me, too.

One thing I'd like to see is for us to have echoes of some of the clones that sort of 'justify' the clones existence. Sure, its weird for Sheik to be a nintendo allstar, but it makes sense for Impa. Same with Toon Link/Tetra, maybe.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Alright, I'm back, I'm weak and I have a question:

Can I see what you're talking about?
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437064212

may very likely be fake (they're calling it fake because of the filename; dunno what that's about).

Also Mystic and Emily said multiple characters on the banner are assist trophies, with Emily saying there are characters that shouldn't be there at all (don't ask me how insiders supposedly know the entire roster).

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Besides the characters on the leak, we also have several characters who could be announced who haven't been deconfirmed as of yet:

Paper Mario (and Luigi)
Toad
Skull Kid & Majora's Mask
Vaati/Agahnim/Ghirahim/Zant
Incineroar
Sceptile
Zoroark
Spring Man / Ribbon Girl
Chibi Robo
Dixie Kong
Bandana Waddle Dee
Rex with Pyra/Mythra/Pneuma
Elma
Octoling (echo)
Sylux
Federation Soldier (ew I know, but not impossible)
Dillon (Rolling Western)
Henry Fleming (STEAM)
Captain Rainbow
Lyn
Starfy
Takamaru
Sukapon
Harry (Teleroboxer) (good retro/Virtual Boy rep)

For third parties we could get:

Professor Layton
Monster Hunter
Phoenix Wright with Miles Edgeworth as echo
Lloyd Irving
Sora
Final Fantasy rep who actually appeared on a Nintendo system
(Black Mage, Onion Knight/Luneth, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Locke, Celes, Kefka, etc.)
Miles "Tails" Prower
Shantae
Amaterasu
Maxwell
Arthur (G&G)

Honestly, while Mystic's claim that we might get "a better roster" than Grinch could be true, but you'd need quantity to match Banjo and Geno levels, and 5 uniques was already pushing it.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Mystic just needs to stop.

Not that I'm agreeing or disagreeing with him. But. The young lad's being stupid now. If he's legit? He's tanking HIMSELF. And crying about it. I understand he's new to this whole facet of the industry (if he's not trolling/lying), but now I'm getting kinda annoyed at just how many people are coming out of the woodwork. If everyone is right, this game is not airtight at all, and again. That falls on Nintendo/Sakurai to blame if they couldn't keep things from spilling.

But, alas. He's getting attention for being the "hero" we want. I hold no stake in anything any of these people say anymore. Whether I'm right (real) or if I'm wrong (fake) doesn't really matter anymore. Couple more days to go and we'll be closer to this hype new game!
They've all got less than 2 days until they're dumped back into irrelevancy.

There were a bunch of leakers before the Switch launch. Most of them were wrong, but they got a lot of attention anyways. Then after the Switch came out, their 15 minutes of fame were over. That's just how leakers work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom