• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Seems that with all the talk about AT being on the Grinch leak many people have moved on from denial to negociation... that's not a good sign.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Mystic is the gift that keeps us going.

ALSO
>Another third party JPRG Characters (except if it's indeed Geno)

WE RIDE ON SQUARE-ENIX BOOOOOOY LEZ GO
I have a question because I haven't been following any of this guy's stuff.
Last night, weren't people saying that this dude had ruined his career by breaking NDA or something?
I specifically remember one person saying that him leaking stuff like "ruined his life" or something.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but if not, why is he still posting all this stuff?

osby

Smash Obsessed
*very loudly clearing his throat*

She's my third favourite Zelda character, but let's face it, Zelda fandom is REALLY divided on the next character. In ballot, it must be hard for one to get a lot of votes.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Saying certain playable characters are actually assist trophies is the exact kind of thing I would do if I wanted weed out potential leakers.

Mystic having a source saying one character is an assist and Emily having one that says there are two really makes me think that this an example of different people being told different things in case someone tries to leak.

While I agree that Incineroar is highly likely and that would deconfirm the Grinch Leak being entirely true (it may still be another example of intentionally mixed info), I wouldn’t put much stock into what Emily says. She doesn’t like to confirm her sources before tossing whatever she has out there.
Honestly, fight for us exhausted team real members.

I've gotten to the point where it's so stressful, I've employed the possibility of it just being fake for ****s and giggles, just so I can stay excited for the direct.

That leaked roster is a big one for all of us. If it's not real, it's going to hurt. But I won't give into thinking we can't get an even better roster via this direct and even further through DLC.

And i think this game will have extensive DLC too, so, now matter what I'm excited and content. We got 2 huge meme killers this roster already so it was a victory regardless.

D

Deleted member

Imagine the reactions if Banjo is an assist and Knack is the only newcomer left.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
On the contrary: the wait has only just begun. Now we need to wait forty-two more hours!
And then, when the direct is over, we'll be waiting over a month for the actual game to release.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Last night, weren't people saying that this dude had ruined his career by breaking NDA or something?
I specifically remember one person saying that him leaking stuff like "ruined his life" or something.

"A man that lost everything doesn't have anything else to lose."

But more importantly, he feels more comfortable now that the Smash direct is Announced and other people talk more about it.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I just can't see Sakurai taking Sora over Geno considering how much he wanted Geno. Sora would just feel wrong for Smash Bros. for various reasons. He'd be a step beyond Cloud, IMO, and a step towards non-video game characters in Smash, which is a line I don't want crossed.

If Banjo & Kazooie were an AT...I'd probably be extremely pissed. I can't reconcile that idea. I'd rather not have them in at that point.

I still think Incineroar is a terrible Pokemon. I don't like the design, and I hate the fire starter evolution trend of 3-4 straight games being Fire Wrestler. It's incredibly lazy and tired.

If Isaac is still an AT...I guess I'd be disappointed, but if he weren't altogether I'd be kinda sour.

Chorus Kids and Shadow? I don't care. Ken? I think everyone's accepted him already.

KMDP

Smash Legend
*very loudly clearing his throat*

Oh, can't forget Midna.

Some people might ask "why would they introduce Krystal as an Assist Trophy just to reveal that she's playable later?"

And to that I say: "to hide her in plain sight".

Untouch

Smash Master

He mentioned that he's gotten a large opportunity afterwards but we don't really know what he means by that.
It'll be funny if he meant Nintendo Treehouse, he is a translator afterall.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Better roster than Banjo and Geno doesn't sound very possible to me.

Also, I want to say this again, but I really hope that people don't think this roster is going to be garbage if the leak turns out to be fake.
They could release the game as is right this second with no additional characters and this roster would still be insanely, INSANELY good.
i'd think its insanely good, since metal gear solid is one of my hyperfixations right now and i love snake, but id be insanely bummed if geno didnt make it in and id be kinda disappointed, since not too many fighters really got me interested in terms of being revealed so far, other than maybe k rool

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
"Most of the characters are assist trophies"

I think I'm gonna faint-

*see's a post about the Grinch being real, and there's a picture of the game case, the game's cartridge, and a special bag with the game's logo*

D

Deleted member

Getting banjo as an assist trophy would be like getting sora as a mii costume.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
"A man that lost everything doesn't have anything else to lose."

But more importantly, he feels more comfortable now that the Smash direct is Announced and other people talk more about it.
I mean, thats his choice I guess.
If I had a job in the games industry though I'd steer clear of talking about this sorta stuff just in case.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Last edited:

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I’m set on Mach Rider being the AT sadly. I feel like the only way to truly get the essence of Mach Rider is to have her on her bike at all times but I don’t see how her shield will work with a bike, unless her framedata is absolute garbage.
Could say the same about Falcon who only uses his Blue Falcon during Final Smash.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
EMILY IS NOW SAYING THAT THERE IS ACTUALLY MULTIPLE CHARACTERS ON THE BANNERS THAT ARE ASSIST TROPHIES

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Source

It's a beautiful time to be alive right now. So much salt is going to happen later this week and we'll find out what is real and what isn't

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

ALSO

Why does he say most of the characters are ATs though. He's already confident in Geno, Isaac and Ken. Banjo literally can't be one lol. Not sure about the rest, though I can see it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
“I’m losing my career and my life is ruined because I was pushed and was too specific. I’m done with this Smash ****. I’m privating my Twitter.”

“Isaac is definitely in. The actually roster will be a lot better than the leak.” (the leak that includes Isaac, Geno, and BANJO, might I add)

I can’t be the only one thinking he’s starting to sound like he just wants attention, can I?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just can't see Sakurai taking Sora over Geno considering how much he wanted Geno. Sora would just feel wrong for Smash Bros. for various reasons. He'd be a step beyond Cloud, IMO, and a step towards non-video game characters in Smash, which is a line I don't want crossed.

If Banjo & Kazooie were an AT...I'd probably be extremely pissed. I can't reconcile that idea. I'd rather not have them in at that point.

I still think Incineroar is a terrible Pokemon. I don't like the design, and I hate the fire starter evolution trend of 3-4 straight games being Fire Wrestler. It's incredibly lazy and tired.

If Isaac is still an AT...I guess I'd be disappointed, but if he weren't altogether I'd be kinda sour.

Chorus Kids and Shadow? I don't care. Ken? I think everyone's accepted him already.
Sora is a video game character. I guess we also shouldn't have put Lucario because he made his debut with anime characters.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

ALSO

Another 3rd party JRPG
Well that leaves us with...
A bunch of Square reps (most likely Sora)
And a bunch of Bandai reps (most likely Lloyd or KOS-MOS)

God this is really confusing.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

He did set his Twitter on private yesterday, the person you heard that from probably just went all hyperbole and assumed that things went **** up on his end. Mystic has been pretty chill throughout, so I think he's alright.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
I feel like the whole AT thing is probably bluff from the deeper ups, remember, lies can be said and spread.

I'd make no sense to have a AT in the banner since all the characters in the mural are meant to be Playable (Except Mr. Saturn. He's a Item and The Smash Team likely enjoys him a lot more. I mean how can you not love these guys?)

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
But... Sora is a video game character?

Smartiicals

Smash Cadet
What I think about the apparent AT from the Grinch leak

Banjo: I don't think they would do this, especially for all the support and love for Banjo, Sakurai is nice enough to know that people would prefer him as DLC if he is not in the base game as a character instead of an AT.

Isaac/Geno/Ken : The guy saying that there is an AT is basically confirming these guys so I guess they would be in anyway, ruling them out.

Mach Rider: If one of these is an AT, I doubt the leak is 100% real, and unfortunately if the leak is not real, I don't see Mach getting in, due to the lack of popularity pre-leak and other reasons, however it seems there is lack of a retro rep, unless you count Isaac and Geno if playable.

Shadow: I don't see the point in creating a Knuckles trophy just to keep shadow, aswell as not announcing it up to this date. I see Shadow as a playable character in this game as an Echo fighter.

Chorus Kids: Could defo happen, probably the most likely out of them all, maybe Sakurai tried making them playable but cut them to an AT due to struggles with the amount of kids that are there, including the conductor if he was in. Imagine if that was 8playersmash. Imagine.

My roster predictions if you are intrested: Isaac, Geno, Ken, Shadow, Incineroar and Sora.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Okay Everyone!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Man, i still can't get over how appealing your art style is.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

You are the hero Smash Boards doesn't deserve

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
She's my third favourite Zelda character, but let's face it, Zelda fandom is REALLY divided on the next character. In ballot, it must be hard for one to get a lot of votes.
I just don't understand how Zelda hasn't received a legitimate newcomer since Melee. Toon Link was just a reimagined Young Link in Brawl to celebrate Wind Waker. Sheik has now appeared in three more Smash games than she has actual Zelda games. Ballot aside, I simply find it astounding that the third part of Nintendo's Big 3 hasn't had anything but... uh. Remote bombs?

Midna fanship aside, that's just weird.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

ALSO

Hmmm what if someone like Sora or Slime was the Square rep, and Geno is just an assist?

Daveyx0

Smash Rookie
NNID
Daveyx0
So it's finally happening! During my work hours... welp

Definitely excited for more information on some singleplayer stuff! We all assume boss fights and story, but who knows what crazy stuff he has in store for us. Guess we can assume that's what the Direct will mainly be about.

About characters... we do have to take into consideration that Sakurai has not really discussed K. Rool and Isabelle and their playstyle so perhaps a small part of the Direct might also cover them. I don't have large expectations on the character front cause I feel Sakurai has been sorta warning us with his "not too many new characters" statement, even though I know he's a troll. Banjo sounds too good to be true to me, but I'll gladly eat my words. The other ones speculated are all welcome in my book but I feel we won't get most of em. Guess I'm just keeping expectations low. Also I think that the fact that Sakurai stated that he wanted to reveal all characters before launch was not a troll, but I think the possibility that the higher ups overruled that decision might be there... we'll see.

Also gimme stage editor plz, thanks

Uhm.. finish with a small predictions: Katamari Damacy and Shantae assist trophiezz and I do not think this is the final Direct having a segment for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom