• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
Personal opinions based on what Mystic said.
Banjo is planned at the moment for DLC.
Chorus Kids, Isaac and Ken are playable.
Shadow and Mach Rider are ATs.
Geno is MIA, can't really place him, I don't think they'd make him an AT personally, possibly planned for DLC.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Oh, but you see, Tails starred in the older games, which are the only ones people are allowed to like.
Please don't remind me of the classic purists in the sonic fandom, I love the classic games as much as they do but their closemindedness always makes me groan.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
At this point, this is what I feel confident in:

Incineroar, Ken, 1 other character AT LEAST (no matter what, we’re getting at least 2 characters, echo or not)
Corresponding stages
Remaining assists
Remaining Pokemon
Remaining items
1 player main mode
Stadium- home run, targets, etc
Master Orders/Crazy orders if they’re back
Trophies, if they’re back
DLC if the first pick is ready
Potential Test Smash

There’s a lot to cover, but there 50 Fact Extravaganza was literally only 35 minutes. This one is 40. That’s insane!

If I get Isaac, i’m pretty set. Anything will be appreciated, ESPECIALLY if it’s Geno or Banjo. Looking forward to it!

D

Deleted member

Saying certain playable characters are actually assist trophies is the exact kind of thing I would do if I wanted weed out potential leakers.

Mystic having a source saying one character is an assist and Emily having one that says there are two really makes me think that this an example of different people being told different things in case someone tries to leak.

While I agree that Incineroar is highly likely and that would deconfirm the Grinch Leak being entirely true (it may still be another example of intentionally mixed info), I wouldn’t put much stock into what Emily says. She doesn’t like to confirm her sources before tossing whatever she has out there.
I've never trusted journalists for info, won't start now. But them being told different things is making me wonder if someone is leak baiting them.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Makes sense in the worst timeline. I'd feel terrible for Shadow fans for Sakurai showing off Knuckles at E3 and August only to wait until November to show off Shadow as an assist.
Exactly. Like I said before the previous Directs were very quick to cross off a lot of characters (Lyn, Waluigi, Zero, Alucard, Ashley, and most importantly in this case Knuckles) and yet Shadow, a major third-party previous in two games already as an AT, is still unaccounted for. As Dark Samus and Isabelle both got promotions after subtle teasing I don't know why the same wouldn't happen to Shadow.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Sakurai is gonna get a lot of hate if he even dares put Geno as an AT
Yeah, that's definitely true. I mean I think a good number of people would be upset if most of the banner characters would be made an AT.
But did anyone fling hate at Sakurai for putting him as a Mii costume in Smash 4?
That's something that I never really hear mentioned.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
All of you are wrong : the truth is that every characters on the banner are AT and those who were presented as AT in directs are in fact the playable characters ! :secretkpop:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
So I found out about this way earlier and now I have time to post on it. I was in the school library working on an AP US History essay when I decided to quickly check GameXplain to see if there was any noteworthy news for the day. Suffice to say, it has made the rest of the day that much better.

The Grinch leak isn't even one week old yet and many of y'all have been clamoring only for a direct soon so we can end this madness. I'm glad for most of you that this is now the case. One thing I would like to point out is that there isn't anything that says this is the "final smash presentation" from what I have seen so this all but confirms DLC to me.

The time isn't preferable but it's not bad. At first I was disappointed because 9 CT is exactly when my first class starts but I remembered that thankfully Thursday is school carnival day at my school so I can sneak off and watch it then. I'd like to personally thank Sakurai for thinking of me when he chose the date.

One last thing, Noipoi Noipoi have you by chance finished the drawing yet? Sorry I make it a point to ask daily in case I missed it.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I’m getting so excited. Mystic being confident in Isaac being in calms me down a lot. I just need my boi to come home

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
EMILY IS NOW SAYING THAT THERE IS ACTUALLY MULTIPLE CHARACTERS ON THE BANNERS THAT ARE ASSIST TROPHIES

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Source
I was assuming that if the leak is fake, we'd get some sort of in between of what we've heard from Vergeben and the Grinch leak, but this is making me increasingly nervous for Shadow and Isaac given they've been in the role before.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't feasibly see Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, Ken and Isaac not being in the game with all the signs. Really the only ones in "danger" are Mach Rider and Shadow.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
EMILY IS NOW SAYING THAT THERE IS ACTUALLY MULTIPLE CHARACTERS ON THE BANNERS THAT ARE ASSIST TROPHIES

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Source
Okay it's Shadow and Mach Rider. I can't see the remaining.

- Mystic is confident in Isaac and Golden Sun doesn't have a rep.
- Not Ken obviously
- Banjo and Geno are big nono's for every obvious reasons (being hard to get 3rd parties and their popularity would dismantle the fan base lol)
- I believe Chorus Kids was also confident addition by Mystic, plus they apparently were planned to be playable in 4 so...

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Some characters being Assist Trophies sounds like bad news indeed. I wouldn't rule out the third party characters for this, since Nintendo got the rights to Geno just for a cameo in the first M&L, as well as those for him and several other characters such as Lloyd Irving for the Mii costumes in Smash 4.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ikr? Needs to be on switch and uncensored.
And I probably wouldn't play it on Switch either. That game's catering to a fanbase I'm not normally subscribed to.

The music's just really ****ing catchy.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I don’t think Banjo would be an assist trophy if they went to get the rights for him. And he’s my second most wanted character so I hate to think of him as anything but playable. But should we really say it’s impossible for that to happen?

Didn’t we get Rayman as just a trophy?

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Saying certain playable characters are actually assist trophies is the exact kind of thing I would do if I wanted weed out potential leakers.

Mystic having a source saying one character is an assist and Emily having one that says there are two really makes me think that this an example of different people being told different things in case someone tries to leak.

While I agree that Incineroar is highly likely and that would deconfirm the Grinch Leak being entirely true (it may still be another example of intentionally mixed info), I wouldn’t put much stock into what Emily says. She doesn’t like to confirm her sources before tossing whatever she has out there.
GOD SOMEONE PUT IT INTO WORDS! i was too dumb to say it myself without wording it weird but. yeah. its also kinda weird to me that that resetera take both for a fact at the same time over the leak. really goes to show that these insiders dont really have any depth to what they say and its all baseless rumoring down there, at least imo.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Mystic is the gift that keeps us going.

ALSO
>Another third party JPRG Characters (except if it's indeed Geno)

WE RIDE ON SQUARE-ENIX BOOOOOOY LEZ GO

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I bet Mach Rider is the assist trophy. I mentioned a few pages back that Excite Biker may be the new Retro Rep and Mach Rider was made an Assist to replace their Motorcycle Gimmick. I doubt its Shadow due to that oddy specific “prediction” by Jonneh.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Lol don’t even talk to us Isaac fans about the dreaded assist trophy nightmare. We had to deal with that in Brawl and then have our character completely removed for Smash 4. If he returned as an assist trophy after all that it would be a fate worse than death.
Oh I believe that. It’d be soul crushing. I’m not really an Isaac fan (I’m neutral on him), but here’s to hoping you don’t go through that again. Not to mention, of Isaac gets in, I can have those Ness vs Isaac and Ness/Isaac matches.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, that's definitely true. I mean I think a good number of people would be upset if most of the banner characters would be made an AT.
But did anyone fling hate at Sakurai for putting him as a Mii costume in Smash 4?
That's something that I never really hear mentioned.
I know he got a lot of hate for K.Rool costume but Geno got mostly hype, as far as I can remember. I wonder why.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Better roster than Banjo and Geno doesn't sound very possible to me.

Also, I want to say this again, but I really hope that people don't think this roster is going to be garbage if the leak turns out to be fake.
They could release the game as is right this second with no additional characters and this roster would still be insanely, INSANELY good.
That's why his claim seems too opinion based to me. Geno, Banjo, and Isaac are the 3 most wanted on that banner leak... If just one of them isn't in...that'll be a huge letdown for a **** ton of people..

Last edited:

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
Btw can someone with a Resetera account ask Emily if she or her source has seen the Real Completed Banner?

Untouch

Smash Master
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Mystic is the gift that keeps us going.

ALSO
>Another third party JPRG Characters (except if it's indeed Geno)

WE RIDE ON SQUARE-ENIX BOOOOOOY LEZ GO
To be fair, all 3 of the Square Enix characters people think have a chance are from JRPGs.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I've never trusted journalists for info, won't start now. But them being told different things is making me wonder if someone is leak baiting them.
Big this.
Just like how I’ll trust Vergeben over a random 4chan anon, I’d trust this leak with a solid chunk of evidence over a bunch of “insiders” with conflicting sources, even if it’s partially wrong already.

What are the reputations on these insiders anyway?
I know Emily is such a mixed bag she’s not even worth the time, but what’s up with Mystic? What has he leaked before that’s making people believe him?

D

Deleted member

I really hope we get a retro rep this game. If I had to sacrifice a character on the banner as an assist trophy, I’d pick shadow.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hmm, wake up at 5 AM to watch the stream or get a good night's rest?

Decisions decisions...

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I’m set on Mach Rider being the AT sadly. I feel like the only way to truly get the essence of Mach Rider is to have her on her bike at all times but I don’t see how her shield will work with a bike, unless her framedata is absolute garbage.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wasn't Mystic one of those that said the Direct would happen in between the 5th and the 12th? Of course that might be excused by how we're likely getting a general Nintendo Direct aswell, so confusion could happen there.

I don't buy that we're getting a better roster than the Grinch leak though, it's in the too good to be true category as is. Only reason I can see why he'd say that is if he has huge bias towards a character he's heard is in, but isn't on the Grinch leak.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Or... *puts on tinfoil hat* they've saying those characters are Assist Trophies because that's what they've been told, and it's true.

What nobody realises is that certain Assist Trophies are playable characters (and all playable characters can appear as Assist Trophies), and the direct will not only reveal Incineroar, Ken, Isaac, Banjo, Geno, Shadow, Chorus Kids and Mach Rider, but also that Waluigi, Lyn, Ashley, Krystal and Bomberman are also playable.

EVERYBODY HAPPY!
*very loudly clearing his throat*

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Continuing on from what I said before, I wouldn't rule out Banjo for an Assist Trophy either. Remember, Rayman was just a trophy, and Shovel Knight is an Assist.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Can we remember Sakurai secured the rights of a ton of characters "just" to make them Mii costumes? "He wouldn't work so hard just for an Assist!" isn't a great argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom