• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
That's... not how it works...

Please say sike
I'll say Sike when Mother 3 is released on the Wii U VC, the Gen 7 starters are confirmed fake, Splatoon Switch port is released, Mario Kart 8 deluxe doesn't exist but also has new stages, the Smash 4 port is released, Maxi is confirmed gay, the Star Fox racing game comes out, Retro's 2017 not-DK-not-Metroid project launches, Breath of the Wild misses the Switch launch, etc. etc...

D

Deleted member

Calling it right now, if by some off chance on a blue moon we get a reveal for Rex & Pyra as DLC, I'm breaking a plate over my head Eric Andre-style.
I'll at least follow up with it, unlike Etika with the nutsack sandwich. :4pacman:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I love how this is said as if it wasn't a big deal.
Yeah, ignore the 30 ****ing people with inside sources saying the same thing.

"I'm not going to apologize because it's someone else's fault for me acting like a ********"
Uh, quote me on where I've been a **** to anyone else with zero reason to. Seriously, if I sounded mean to anyone, it was because I was attacked for my views on the banner.

I'm not that kind of person.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
TeamFake: "40 minutes is way too short of time to announce 7 new characters."
>Last direct was 30 minutes and revealed 5.

TeamFake: "There's no way Capcom, Sega, and Square would like having their biggest characters announced simultaneously."
>Cuz Ken, Shadow the Edgehog, and Geno from one game in 1990 are huge characters like Ryu, Sonic, and Cloud.

TeamFake: "W-Well, the Insiders are all against it!"
>Nobody knew about K.Rool, and Sakurai is good at keeping a tight lid on (some) things.

TeamFake:

I mean, if I'm wrong, you guys win and I apologize for razzin' ya, but come on, a 40 MINUTE SMASH-FOCUSED DIRECT, just a few days after the Grinch leak??
Can someone save this post? I think it is going to age really well regardless of the results.

I'm not going to apologize to anyone. If the leak is wrong, I only have myself and like 80% of the smash community's judgement on it being convinced it was real. On one hand we should blame ourselves, but on the other it's a scumbag, yet tenuous of a leaker who put in an obscene amount of work and somehow luck into delivering Zodiac Killer levels of an unsolvable leak.

Insiders definitely do deserve some flak if it's wrong, but it's likely going to go to some really, REALLY bad places no matter what on Thursday.
Your post reads "I am not responsable for myself and my actions. Its the leaker´s fault." "Insiders are responsable for their actions, they deserve punishment if they are wrong."

Talk about double standards.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
I'm in agreement that while the opinions of insiders should indeed be taken into consideration, they should not be taken as fact or be seen as "game changers", so to speak. We had random anonymous people on 4chan leak several high profile games this year alone, so I think where info comes from should be a factor seen as irrelevant.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Do you guys think I can watch the Nintendo direct while driving to my math class? And for like the first ten or so minutes of it? /s

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So he predicted those characters or did he just draw them? Because that's a major difference lol.

Not that I think he'd have inside info like that.

although i'm going to be secretly wishing he did
Both at the same time. He's got a Smash 150 (with "DLC") for that purpose:

https://www.deviantart.com/professorfandango/gallery/64855208/SMASH-150

https://www.deviantart.com/professorfandango/art/SMASH-150-NINTENDO-ALL-STARS-716891901

He's not an insider, just your average Smash fan with big dreams. ;)

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
undertale assist trophy would be great if it meant we could get some of its music in smash, and it'd have a lot less backlash than playable sans would (not that that'd bother me personally)
you could have them be a lot more true to their actual fights that way too. like a papyrus assist where he just poses aggressively while various colors of bones fly around on screen acting just as they do in the game (blue bones don't hurt you if you're not moving, orange bones only hurt you if you're not moving, white bones hurt you no matter what)

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
kinda off-topic but does anyone else feel way more energetic and productive? i've had such an unhealthy obsession with this stupid game that the drought literally sapped me of any energy to do anything actual important regarding college, but now I feel like I got my mojo back, now that the future won't be so uncertain very soon.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Can someone save this post? I think it is going to age really well regardless of the results.

Your post reads "I am not responsable for myself and my actions. Its the leaker´s fault." "Insiders are responsable for their actions, they deserve punishment if they are wrong."

Talk about double standards.
And this is called generalizing. I have never bad mouthed any pro-fake or insider. I've only called them out on their ****.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
IF the insiders are right (doubtful, still waiting on Mother 3 localization and Pokemon Stars, they get things wrong all the time) then I'm guessing Chorus Kids and Mach Rider are ATs based on what they've been saying. Either that or Issac is back as an AT and we get Chorus Kids (less likely).

I'm fully prepared to eat crow if the grinch is wrong. I'd happily apologize and literally never trust a single leak again unless theres concrete video proof, and even then I don't trust it because of Rayman leak (this actually would mean I'd always be surprised for smash news, not a bad thing!) but I'm also fully prepared to relish in the memes and grincposting if grinch is right and the insiders are wrong - they deserve everything coming to them if they're collectively BTFO (as long as it's not doxxing or threatening, not ever cool).
May I ask which insiders say there are multiple AT? Where is the source?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm pretty firmly team fake at this point

Echoes would take about a minute and a half, so I'll just say I think 5 newcomer reveals is really unlikely unless we get a Brawl-style trailer for them. 40 minutes is very long but I don't think it's long enough to cover 5 uniques + 2 echoes + an entirely new mode + online + whatever scraps are left, i.e., trophies/extra features/etc.

I admit box theory feels less likely now because 1 newcomer and 1 echo in 40 mins seems really out there

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
*leak happens*
Smash fanbase: "ooooh"
Insiders: "yeah that doesn't make sense it's fake guys"
Smash fanbase: "man why do insiders have to be so arrogant and condescending :///"
Because of their tone, their aggression and disparaging remarks, their lack of humility. Take your pick. :upsidedown:

Obviously not all insiders. But there are certainly a couple of names that come to mind.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm mad cause I've been saying "Geno will be shown off in October" for months and if Geno is in the direct on Thursday, November ****ing 1st, this is the most annoying instance of me having "approximate clairvoyance" this entire cycle

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hm, assuming the leak is the real deal (which I believe it is), I think talking about characters and their respective stages will take up to 15 minutes total. If we assume that

Assuming every character gets their own CG trailer (which, personally, I'm doubtful of) then the reveals would be around 2-2 1/2 minutes each. This is assuming Sakurai chooses not to go in depth with how the characters work and what their stages are like.

Personally, I think we'll get a single trailer with rapid fire reveals similar to Melee and Brawl's debut trailers, and Sakurai will go a little more in-depth with them later. Although that said, it is possible that he'll save a single reveal for the very end, should that actually be the case, I 100% think Banjo is the character saved for last.
Yep that's another factor

It could be shorter than that if he decided to rip the band aid off with the rest in one shot

And multiple reveals can happen in one trailer that's not series exclusive

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Do you guys think I can watch the Nintendo direct while driving to my math class? And for like the first ten or so minutes of it? /s
I think you could get away with plugging your phone up to an aux cord and streaming the direct so you can LISTEN to it. But absolutely do not try and watch it with your own eyes while on the road.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

Echoes would take about a minute and a half, so I'll just say I think 5 newcomer reveals is really unlikely unless we get a Brawl-style trailer for them. 40 minutes is very long but I don't think it's long enough to cover 5 uniques + 2 echoes + an entirely new mode + online + whatever scraps are left, i.e., trophies/extra features/etc.

I admit box theory feels less likely now because 1 newcomer and 1 echo in 40 mins seems really out there
I'm with you on this. Though, I think Spirits mode might be massive... but yeah, that seems like a very low number for the box theory to be correct.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'd also like to jump in and say - Yes, a 25 min direct dropped 5 characters, but 3 were echo fighters that were all gone over pretty quickly.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alternate Timeline: The direct starts and its similar to the 2015 Final Smash Bros direct. It opens up with Celica and Alm as new Fire Emblem characters and ends with Dante as a Bayonetta echo.
So I can enjoy both best possible timeline AND a salt bath? Sounds nice.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So the direct is the 1st then huh? Is it an Nintendo or Smash one?
Smash Ultimate, man.

I'm mad cause I've been saying "Geno will be shown off in October" for months and if Geno is in the direct on Thursday, November ****ing 1st, this is the most annoying instance of me having "approximate clairvoyance" this entire cycle
Well, it did get announced in October, so...

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Unique at start
Several Echos in Middle
Unique at End
DLC at "BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE" end
Demo announcement at "BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE MORE" fade out slide

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice

I said this earlier, but newcomer trailers are less than 2 minutes long and the echo trailer we got for Chrom and Dark Samus was just 2 minutes long. Could easily have 5 newcomers and an echo trailer for 2 and they would be less than 12 minutes. Give each 2 minutes (which is generous) to talk about, you're at around 25 out of 40 minutes. Still plenty of time for other things.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
So I guess there is a Xenoblade character on that banner named KOS-MOS or something, so no Elma? #GiveElmaAChance

Or did Nintendo fire her and now she goes by Telma Dashwood.. It was supposed to be #AllAboutElma!

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Cuz it's not a reference to BEGIN with, smh.
Get your lore STRAIGHT, my man.
im not even saying its a reference, you dont need to be so hostile lol. im just saying smash snake looking like solid snake doesnt mean he cant reference other snakes

D

Deleted member

*Direct starts*

Sakurai: ****

*Direct ends with a top ten of game developers who have sworn*

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
"Don't listen to what anyone has to say, especially the people who clearly have more access to information than us"

You say you won't apologize to anybody, but you've been very condescending this whole leak around. Always one step away of telling anyone who disagreed with you to shut up. Please, you have as much information as anyone else here, maybe get off your high horse?
Seriously, don't listen to what everyone has to say, especially insiders. Take their points into consideration, look at the leak, and come to your own conclusion.
??? Seriously dude, talk about ****ing hypocrisy. You "soundbite" my comments to make yourself look better. Maybe you should heed your own advice? I have never personally attacked anyone on this forum. Ever.

I have made counterarguments because I can and will.

osby

Smash Obsessed
im not even saying its a reference, you dont need to be so hostile lol. im just saying smash snake looking like solid snake doesnt mean he cant reference other snakes
Yep. Remember how Twilight Princess Link can summon Navi?

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
Oh, and there used to be a time when announcing DLC prior to the game's release was considered taboo.

Now no one cares for some reason. I guess the sheer inertia has made protest futile, so, better just embrace it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom