• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NineS

Smash Lord
This entire time I had thought that I was the insane one.
But then you all showed me truly how insane we are as a community.
twili.png

Thank you. All of you. For going even more insane than me. In fact, you're driving yourselves crazier than I ever could drive myself!

I can't tell if this leak was a good or bad thing...

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Wow, that's damning. Could very well be image compression messing with me, but that has got to be the strangest thing we've missed yet.

Need a team of art forensics on this, stat.
It's not image compression because you can see through the holes in Snake's gun.

The tongue is there in the original but it's just background in the leak

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I usually don’t feel comfortable discussing about a heated situation such as this but I just want to comment on something about this situation. For someone who been a background character to this while situation. Especially this whole Mystic situation I think it could of had been done better. I’m not DEFENDING people who was harassing him because it’s not cool. POINT.BLANK.PERIOD. However people need to also understand that Mystic is a grown man at the end of the day and he had a choose to share information or not. He is not entitled to share information with the smash community and the smash community should not feel entitled to get informations from insiders. Now back to Mystic he KNEW his line of work. He KNEW he would probably get in trouble by leaking information. He would of had simply remained quiet because he again is not entitled to share info and he can always just block or ignore smash fans who would harass him for info. We live in a day and age that block buttons exist. Even Mystic himself said he was his fault we can’t just ignore that part of what he said. Now I do feel bad for Mystic and I hope things get better for him in the future because no one deserve to lose their job over a ****ing video game. In fact all this BS happened over a ****ing video game leak. Why can’t peope just wait for a direct that would of had been the most simplest thing to do. Like come on people..we are suppose to be a community here.
Btw: yes I appreciate what Mystic was trying to do he was trying to help the smash community out by giving information. Just wanted to point that out.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's hard to tell in the image, but isn't the tongue flat at the end of the French banner, like it's behind another character? It should be round at the end.

Please be nice to my alerts.

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
tongue.jpg

Y'all are so quick to drop this thing like your lives depend on it...
Greninja's tongue is behind Snake's gun. Don't know how something this easy to see is making people fold this easily.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm trying to play catchup. So basically Mystic lost his job for leaking stuff? The Nintenjas got him?

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
You guys ignoring the colors and shape of the tongue? Compression and quality are not valid excuses for this
Well, the color part can kinda be handwaved by the picture's overall poor quality. It's not super consistent across the board and Snapchat (on Android) is infamous for breaking picture quality. I still think this is potentially the straw that broke the camel's back, but that's worth pointing out.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Woah woah now, settle down. Let's give it time before we determine whether or not a blurry pixelate tongue is the death of Tyler the Creator.

We do NOT under any circumstances want to go into an era of Photoshopped Greninja living down in infamy.

Last edited:

Polan

Smash Lord
Do you guys want some definitive proof that the grinch leak is fake?
i'm like one of five people that still thinks this leak is fake so PM it to me i guess. us team fake people apparently need more arguments.

EDIT: **** me i missed your post. all the lols if my main is what kills this leak. oh well, i never took those "they show off bits of the character we've never seeen!!!" posts seriously. any skilled artist could paint those on.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
So this detail freak notices things like Roy's foot, but forgets something like Greninja's tongue which is blaintantly seen behind Snake's rocket launcher? I'm having trouble believing that. It's something interesting for sure, but I'm still sticking to team real by like 70/30.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I recall something about Greninja's tongue being brought up before, briefly, at the start of all the madness.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'll go ahead and ask, any art/photoshop/picture buffs out there that can Shed Light on Greninja's nerfed tongue?

D

Deleted member

Team Real? More like...

team_****ed.png

You knew this joke was coming. Anyways, wow. Surprised that never came up at all.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
Where those leaves are, if they are leaves, where his tongue seems cut off, if you look past that a little, you will see a bit of pink between two green leaves and the yellow area near the edge of the screen. That pink must be part of his tongue. So that must mean the tongue is covered some by the leaves and other things.
Pretty much, you can see that the tongue continues but is behind something else

Fane

Smash Journeyman
God everyone folds so easily.

*Grinch promo* REAL!
*Background Inconsistencies* FAKE!
*Background Inconsistencies Excused* REAL!
*Marina comment* FAKE!
*ACP* REAL!
*Isaac Theory* REAL OMG!
*Greninja's Tongue* FAKE!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yikes. The moment evidence for it being fake comes up, people are instantly getting angry and swearing. Try calming down a bit and try to think of a rational counterpoint to it without using swears.

Also, I don't think we're going to get the direct this week, and the direct will be announced at the live tournament they're hosting later.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
When you come back and see:

Mystic is on blast

Green pixel on Little Mac's shoe was brought up

SmashBoards having a heated debate on Greninja's tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom