• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Not really, you originally phrased it claiming that most people who were questioning insiders on Twitter are the same people who are claiming they should keep their mouth shut. It's an obvious generalization, since you just based your comment off the actions of a small group of people who acted that way. I never hounded an insider for any info but according to you, people who said that Mystic made a mistake are people who were hounding insiders before. Not like it matters though in the end, no one wants to see someone lose their job over stupid smash speculation. But let this be a lesson to both the rabid smash fans and insiders.
You’re throwing way too many assumptions out there just because you got personally offended at my comment lol. Anybody who’s been in this thread for the past few days know exactly the people I was referring to. If you’re going to try to argue that I meant something different when I know damn well I was specifically talking about a select group of people then this is essentially a non-argument.

D

Deleted member

I just don't want to be buried in"WELL ACTUALLY"
Do it. ****ing do it. Do it and kill my only hopes of Isaac being in the game. It's fine. Not like I get anything I ever want anyways. I'm used to it. My soul is already dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
The Smash fanbase is the only fanbase that's even close to the toxicity of the Star Wars fanbase.
Remember when the SU "fanbase" drove a girl to almost kill herself over fanart?
Accusations like these don't do any good because:
1) Judges everyone unfairly. Remember when the Smash community got Nintendo to visit a terminally ill man so he could play Ultimate before passing? All the players, TOs, etc. that organize events for charity? They don't deserve to be lumped with a bunch of jerks for no reason, come on.
2) It does nothing to help fix the issues in the "fanbase"/community. Teaching people is always better than pointing fingers and shouting obscenities at them

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Not even 100 pages in, and we're already at each other's throats.

Surely, that's a record of some kind.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
image.gif

Here. The leaker got Greninja's tongue completely wrong.

In an attempt to make up material not usually seen, he accidentally cut Greninja's tongue way too short.

It's a fake.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Apparently I have to explain how digital images work.

Every single digital image is comprised of three channels. Red. Blue. Green.

Here is a picture of Daisy, chosen for it's bright blues and red-oranges.

Now let's looks at what this image looks like behind the scenes. The magic 1s and 0s that make this image what it is.

Here is the red channel:

The green channel:

And the blue channel:

Every single possible color in that original image is a result of mixing these three colors.

When you overlay these three images on top of each other

You get the original image. Magic.

So let's talk about lossy compression.

Each pixel has an exact percentage of red, blue and green. That data is affected by the lossy compression, and as a result, the balance between the channels changes.

Areas that previously had no green pixels at all, suddenly get them, because the data in the channels gets mixed. I've highlighted just some of the new green pixels here, but you can also see new RED and BLUE pixels in areas they shouldn't be, too.

This is completely normal, completely expected behavior.
Hey I know things are tense in this thread and I know sometimes your technical explanations fall on deaf ears, but I really do enjoy learning all these new things about digital imaging and compression from your posts. I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to most computer related things, but a silver lining from this leak is that I really enjoy reading your posts, regardless of the outcome of the Grinch leak.

keep up the good work Vaan

awert

Smash Rookie
You’re throwing way too many assumptions out there just because you got personally offended at my comment lol. Anybody who’s been in this thread for the past few days know exactly the people I was referring to. If you’re going to try to argue that I meant something different when I know damn well I was specifically talking about a select group of people then this is essentially a non-argument.
I understand, but you should know that people can interpret things in different ways. Always think before you go making comments that generalize a group of people.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I won't show it if you don't want it, but I will say I consider it so damning that I think it'd persuade any reasonable individual.
If you have something you want to say, just say it, chief.

No need for extra “teehee I have a secret” posts beforehand.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Do you guys want some definitive proof that the grinch leak is fake?
At this point, I just want something that puts the leak to rest, regardless of whether it ends up being real or fake.

However, I much rather Nintendo reveal the rest of the cast SOON; before more people end up getting hurt.

I'll just say this.
**** you all, **** the smash community for being crying manchild.
But... i..
Congratulations guys, we got someone out of a job for some ****ing pixels in a game to be confirmed. Hope you’re proud of yourselves.
I didn't... wait what?... i wasn't.. i didn't mean to...
We really are a buncha jerks, huh?
Noipoi? I mean... oh ok you're joking... right?...
As long as you keep behaving with respect, you're not a jerk.
Phew... ok thx mate.
The Smash fanbase is the only fanbase that's even close to the toxicity of the Star Wars fanbase. **** you all, you pieces of ****

:p

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Y'all can't seriously tell me with a straight face that the tongue is cut and isn't caused by low quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom