• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radBoss

Smash Cadet
The tongue is cut off because it's being obscured by something in front of it, not because it's too short. Look closer. Isn't Banjo supposed to be flying right next to where that space is located?

Like I don't really care either way but y'all need some damn glasses.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
So, do you guys think Mystic was lying about Isaac and Chorus Kids, or do you think they are still in?
I don’t think he was lying, especially if this costed him big time, which it most likely did.
And he said he was certain on them after various discussions, so that’s pretty telling that a good majority of the people he talked to were confident on those characters.

ekc

Smash Cadet
I'd like to throw out there that maybe the tongue is covered by Snakes Nakita launcher. I'm Team Fake but it's possible

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
the tongue is behind snake's gun

go download the image and zoom

i'm teamfake and i'm more loyal than teamreal smh

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
So, do you guys think Mystic was lying about Isaac and Chorus Kids, or do you think they are still in?
Even if the Grinch leak is debunked, Isaac, Chorus Kids and Geno all have a good chance for a number of reasons. Not even taking into account what the twitter leaker said, Isaac and Geno have been shown in Smash 4 DLC to have strong support and Chorus Kids almost made it into Smash 4.

If the Grinch is fake, Mach Rider and Banjo are the two that are most in trouble.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Hey remember all of this?
View attachment 173518
Tell me why a ****ing tongue threw all this out.
Nothing here actually has anything to do with the quality of the banner.

It's all fan theory.

The tongue proves the image was not made by someone with the original material, nor was it made by someone at Nintendo because it's poor quality art to just worsen the quality of a render.

Those characters could still be in but it isn't because of the banner.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Smash is my favorite videogame and a complete family tradition for me and my brothers, it is my childhood and my favorite pastime; and even after that, after what it means to me, I find the amount of drama on these boards just staggering. I always hated people that said this, but this time I mean it entirely: Chill, It is a videogame and a bunch of characters, no need to insult, no need to get mad, no need to lost your credibility as a professional for and much less needed to harass said person.

Everybody just chill, this is ridiculous.

Let's have fun instead.
We'll be having fun on December 7th, and none of this will matter anymore then

monadoboy

Smash Lord
View attachment 173512

Here. The leaker got Greninja's tongue completely wrong.

In an attempt to make up material not usually seen, he accidentally cut Greninja's tongue way too short.

It's a fake.

After all the hoops they went through this can't be what kills it, right? Dude did just drew all the renders and carefully placed them for it to die like this? This is hilarious.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
View attachment 173518
While I'm a bit iffy on the tongue due to how low quality the image is and how much can be attributed to low image quality...

if one part of a leak can irrefutably be proven fake (which is pretty ****ing hard and which I don't think the tongue may qualify), then none of the leak holds up, because it throws doubt on the rest of the content that could be faked.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
It would be hilarious if it was indeed a pokemon that destroyed this leak. Not Incineroar but Greninja, acting in their honorary position as Nintendo Ninja

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
First real bit of evidence against the leak, but I don't think it overshadows all the evidence for it. It's really hard to tell and I'm a bit hesitant to say his tongue is actually cut off.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
Be strong, brave warrior.

That said, the tongue is very damning evidence. Whether or not it's the final straw is another story.

But as I said, I'm don't care whether it's real or fake. This is still one heck of a ride. #TeamDon'tCare

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Gonna keep it real chief, the whole tongue thing is an actual "Photoshopped Little Mac" moment because I see barebones evidence for it.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Like, I really, really, really just want this Grinch leak crap to be over with. Poor Mystic, insiders, admins and mods all over the web. What a terrible past few days it's been.

I don't want this Direct just for hype's sake, I want this just so we can be done with this Grinch leak nonsense that's brought with it almost nothing but negativity, hatred and toxicity.

Sakurai, save us please.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what? Screw it. I'm on Team I Don't Care Anymore. I don't care if it's real, and I don't care if it's fake. I don't care anymore.

Have fun killing each other over a freaking video game. What a goddamn day.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
So I looked at it again, and either it’s fake and the tounge is too short, or the last bit of tounge is behind Snake’s gun. It’s too compressed to tell what the **** I’m looking for honestly.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Lately, I've been thinking of something. What if the base game roster ended with 72 fighters (excluding Echo Fighters)? It would make you think about who the final four might be. Isabelle is #68, so that leaves #69, #70, #71, and #72. For my possible thoughts...
  • 69 - Buzzwole
  • 70 - Tails
  • 71 - Shadow
  • 72 - Toad (major surprise for the final base game newcomer, considering that he's also present in Peach's moveset)
And if any more Echo Fighters were to be revealed...
  • 14ε - Dry Bowser
  • 27ε - Dark Meta Knight
  • 72ε - Toadette
Going to not allow myself to put in any of the perfect choices from the Grinch leak to make my choices a bit more interesting.
69 - Shantae
70 - Sceptile
71 - Ninten
72 - Skull Kid
37ε - Claus
40ε - Louie
54ε - Medusa

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... this hoax manged to give us a lot more information then we thought...

Also, Final Character Predictions
69 Incineroar
60E Ken
70 Isaac
71 Chorus Kids
I do believe that this is all for base,,,

Chrollo.

fka president wario
why do some of you get so offended when people question which “team” they’re on when confronted by something looks fishy

nobody’s obligated to defend something they feel is faulty, especially if the only counter argument to it is “BUT THERES SO MUCH EVIDENCE HOW YOU CANNOT BELIEVE ITS REAL???”

Sincerely Captain of Team I don’t know what the **** is going on

Fane

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 173519
Y'all are so quick to drop this thing like your lives depend on it...
Greninja's tongue is behind Snake's gun. Don't know how something this easy to see is making people fold this easily.
giphy.gif

As my respective team, I am very disappointed in how easily you guys fold without further inspecting things. His tongue is obscured by Snake's gun. That's all it is.

Leak lives on.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
The tongue was brought up in the last thread, you people do realize this, right lmao

D

Deleted member

Okay, so if the banner was faked, then does this mean Mystic screwed himself over a fake leak?

That's even worse.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
team fake has been crying "ITS TOO BLURRY" as an argument for this leak since the beginning, so it's fair for me to say that it is literally too blurry and compressed to tell whether or not the tongue is being obscured or hidden by another character.

this is practically the same thing and jigglypuffs eyes.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
a
Yikes. The moment evidence for it being fake comes up, people are instantly getting angry and swearing. Try calming down a bit and try to think of a rational counterpoint to it without using swears.

Also, I don't think we're going to get the direct this week, and the direct will be announced at the live tournament they're hosting later.
are we in pre school or something? "No swearing"

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
To be fair, we were actively waiting for evidence to come out with practically baited breath. Eagerness can lead to brash thinking and is easily molded under the craft of any manipulation.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You know what? Screw it. I'm on Team I Don't Care Anymore. I don't care if it's real, and I don't care if it's fake. I don't care anymore.

Have fun killing each other over a freaking video game. What a goddamn day.
The only reason I cared about the leak (besides Isaac) is because it was something new to discuss. If it ended up being real, we could speculate about all the characters in it and whatnot.

If it ended up being fake, we'd just toss it in the garbage and then go back to "box theory!" "ken and incineroar!" "vergeben!"

D

Deleted member

View attachment 173518
Because it's an error that should not be there, and is proof the mural was edited. Plus, you're using theories and hypothesis against something actually found in the image itself.

This is actual evidence that points towards it being an edit. Unless someone can find something equally as definitive to shoot it down, it stands, and words and ideas are nothing against visual evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom