• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinarg

Smash Cadet
I think people are getting crazy antsy to debunk this because we all want this over with. The grinch leak has far outstayed its welcome and it's bringing out the worst in all of us.

Hopefully that direct-on-thursday deal is legit. I dunno how much more I can take of this.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Greninja’s tongue doesn’t mean anything. They changed Mario’s eyes in the CSS render. Hell, they changed Snake’s artwork completely halfway through Brawl development. It’s perfectly fathomable they may have updated any character’s artwork for this picture, especially since it’s constantly changing.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Mystic has given me a bit of extra info regarding what happened, but asked me not to share.

There is the potential of some of his info being bait, although I couldn't confirm this with him.

I will say though that calls were made to basically ruin his future career in the industry in any way possible.

Let me say first and foremost that this isn't really the fault of people who responded to him. The deed was pretty much done the moment he shared the info online.

A while ago he setup a PayPal for an unrelated reason. Apparently his roommates (which if I understand this correctly were actually close family members of his, which makes this extra ****ed up, trying to not go into too much detail) completely and intentionally ****ed him over and left him with mere days left before being forcibly evicted and left homeless.

So now, this whole smash situation is being added on to that.

If anyone can and wants to help him, his Paypal/Ko-Fi is here:

The guy is a Japanese to English translator, and will also accept requests if that's what you want.

His twitter is now public: https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/

By the way, this is completely my initiative... he didn't ask me to post this here.

I legitimately feel terrible for the guy and want to help him out however I can.

Last edited:

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
Upon more inspection, I'm not really seeing what others are claiming breaks the leak. Picture is far too blurry to make the claim that it is edited. I don't think this will be debunked except by Nintendo themselves.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
View attachment 173512

Here. The leaker got Greninja's tongue completely wrong.

In an attempt to make up material not usually seen, he accidentally cut Greninja's tongue way too short.

It's a fake.
tongueisslicc.jpg

For reference, your image is so green'd out that it's hard to even tell what the tongue is next too. Here, you can see that his tongue connects to the Nikita launcher. It's likely just cut off.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Because it's an error that should not be there, and is proof the mural was edited. Plus, you're using theories and hypothesis against something actually found in the image itself.

This is actual evidence that points towards it being an edit. Unless someone can find something equally as definitive to shoot it down, it stands, and words and ideas are nothing against visual evidence.
I have evidence... its behind snake's gun

Svenjamin Olafsvartal

Smash Rookie
It has come to my attention that I've finally decided to post things on here, and it would appear that TOUNGUES are now involved in this leak?? Y'all are silly, the only thing leaking off of tongues is saliva. Because we're all drooling at the prospect of this leak being REAL!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I’m mostly just on TeamNeutral, but as for the tongue thing it does kind of look like it’s just behind Snake. But I don’t know.... the picture is so blurry I can hardly see anything.

I’ll just say if that tongue thing really is such damning evidence and blatantly disproves the leak I feel like it would have been found a long time ago. The leak has been out for like a week now and everyone on the internet has been studying it extremely carefully. Especially people like Omni.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Can I move from fake to this? Is that allowed?

im mostly on Team "Whats Smash Again?" now
No, once you're on a team you're on that team for life. Switching opinions is not allowed. Cause clearly all of this is going to matter when Ultimate comes out and people are going to remember what team others were on.

I really think the "team" thing is a mistake if you could't tell. Just encourages more dumbass arguing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm gonna be honest, I see no difference, but I'm probably blind. Regardless both sides have raised points to prove the tongue may or may not be nerfed.

I'm still gonna be here just waiting for next reveal to make or break this above anything else.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
When it comes time to watch holiday specials and Christmas movies these year?

I think this year we'll just forget about The Grinch.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Because it's an error that should not be there, and is proof the mural was edited. Plus, you're using theories and hypothesis against something actually found in the image itself.

This is actual evidence that points towards it being an edit. Unless someone can find something equally as definitive to shoot it down, it stands, and words and ideas are nothing against visual evidence.
Dude...chill. The tongue is behind Snakes Bazooka still.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
What the actual hell is going on anymore?

I'm off. Hopefully Nintendo announces something soon so we can put this damned thing to rest.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
God everyone folds so easily.

*Grinch promo* REAL!
*Background Inconsistencies* FAKE!
*Background Inconsistencies Excused* REAL!
*Marina comment* FAKE!
*ACP* REAL!
*Isaac Theory* REAL OMG!
*Greninja's Tongue* FAKE!

4 Years ago:
*Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac* FAKE!
*Wario bleeds into the CSS* FAKE!
*Ness's shirt* FAKE!
*There's no names on the CSS* FAKE!
*Stage Inconsistencies* FAKE!
*It's a Brawl Mod* FAKE!

Heracr055

Smash Ace
I am no image expert, its why i havent touched the isaac cut-off green pixels thing at all really cause image compression is a totally likely explination for all i know.

but frankly I dont think this is a leak that will be broken by scrutinizing the image, to me its everything else going on with it that makes it have way too much evidence in its favor: the place its coming from, how we got it, how its promotional material along with the grinch movie etc...

this is a great article on why it cant really just be faked. It lists a ton of stuff you'd have to set up to fake it, many more than i just listed:
https://www.videogameaccountant.com/2018/10/29/grinch-leak/

I think a blurry snapchat image screen grab of an image thats been shrunk down to fit on some promotional material and then printed out of a printer which relies on ink can have some major "off" things about it and still be a real piece of promotional material so again i dont think scrutinizing the image is the way to debunk this one, ACP-PLV coming out and saying we arent working on smash is. and they havent.
Admitting when you don't know something

I respect that

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman

It's time to watch every grinch movie on repeat 24/7 until the next direct

for luck

D

Deleted member

I've always been more of a Die Hard and Christmas Story guy anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
I am no image expert, its why i havent touched the isaac cut-off green pixels thing at all really cause image compression is a totally likely explination for all i know.

but frankly I dont think this is a leak that will be broken by scrutinizing the image, to me its everything else going on with it that makes it have way too much evidence in its favor: the place its coming from, how we got it, how its promotional material along with the grinch movie etc...

this is a great article on why it cant really just be faked. It lists a ton of stuff you'd have to set up to fake it, many more than i just listed:
https://www.videogameaccountant.com/2018/10/29/grinch-leak/

I think a blurry snapchat image screen grab of an image thats been shrunk down to fit on some promotional material and then printed out of a printer which relies on ink can have some major "off" things about it and still be a real piece of promotional material so again i dont think scrutinizing the image is the way to debunk this one, ACP-PLV coming out and saying we arent working on smash is. and they havent.
PAPA BLESS

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

I can't wait for a bunch of kids to go see the Grinch movie and annoy everyone by screaming out Smash bros shenanigans in the theater.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Getting angry at the people who harassed Mystic is justifiable but literally blaming everybody on Team Real (even those who’ve done nothing but give mere doubts) is just as d*ckish.

Every community has bad seeds who’ve done sh*tty things.

Voltron, Steven Universe, Star Wars, the list goes on, Smash is no different.

If you want the leak to be fake just to upset and spite the majority of a side that only a handful of scumbags on Twitter caused just people wanted to be hopeful of getting more fan-favorites then you’re practically being a petty a**hole too.

Geez, no wonder I wanted to get away from this thread, here I thought it was improving but I guess I was wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom