• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I really think it's Mach Rider.

We literally heard nothing about them until this leak, and the one thing really giving them credibility is the gun Sakurai bought, which would still be used if he was an AT.
Not to mention they talked openly about Ken, Shadow, Geno, Isaac and Chorus Kids being at the very least possible, which again only leaves Banjo and MR

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
No music yet?

Could we have another Bloody Tears on our hands?
Actually I think if they're having another Smash direct they're trying to prevent that from happening again. Best not to take any chances.

EDIT: Posted an incomplete abandoned draft by mistake. Removed.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If it is the case that someone on the banner is an AT, I have two guesses, both of which would make me have to change my final roster prediction :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
what were the arguments against it when it was undecided?
The flames in the background didn't line up in the video. I'm not joking.

Also there's that he showed footage of the CSS but not actual gameplay for some reason.

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm still on the Banner. Mystic is just talking nonsense to get people to pay attention to him, and placate Incineroar fans.

Also, this should be the logo for #TeamReal.

Personally I'm more on team real but I disapprove this logo cause I really think Steve will be DLC (and I'm for it). :shades:
But I understand that you don't want him :)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
As the leader of the Team HMMMMM I'm severly disgusted by this poll, and believe we should sabotage it! :bobomb:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Here's to hoping that there hiding (Really want to see the entire Ultimate cast get some different duds as opposed to see the Mii's hog up all the alternate outfits)!
Yeah, I'm still on the Banner. Mystic is just talking nonsense to get people to pay attention to him, and placate Incineroar fans.

Also, this should be the logo for #TeamReal.

Word of advise to the logo! If Shovel Knight couldn't make into the base roster! Then there's no way in the ten million circles of Hell that another indie character (This includes Steve and Shante) could receieve a roster spot in any way shape or form!

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
I think you guys misinterpreted what he's saying. He's implying that the banner is fake because one of the characters added to it ended up becoming an assist trophy instead. The banner is still only supposed to have playable fighters and the occasional prop (mr. saturn)
I really doubt that any insider information is as recent as the Grinch banner. From what I interpreted, one of them is supposed to be an AT, but there presence on the banner makes people believe that it's fake. I believe it's because that character was upgraded from AT status to playable character, maybe due to the lack of Incineroar.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm not trying to be harsh on purpose, and the guy does work a translator, but unless there's hard evidence to the matter, I kind of have to be dismissive right now.
...you have to be dismissive because literally why
Because it goes against you wanting the leak to be real, so you're just gonna bus the guy who I don't think you even know that well?

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I'll just pop in to say this.

I'm slowly giving in to #TeamReal right about now. A few of my wanted characters aren't remotely affected as far as we can tell anyway, and eventually something just has to give.

Chrono.

The flames in the background didn't line up in the video. I'm not joking.

Also there's that he showed footage of the CSS but not actual gameplay for some reason.
That and Mewtwo's render were the biggest contention points against Rayman. As well as the fact that you couldn't select him.

But only a very minor subset of people ever questioned it, most of us ate it up. I do wonder if we would've gone deeper into trying to debunk had it gone on longer than a couple days, the hoax's life span was pretty short due to Omni coming clean after Ubisoft said they would be making a statement on it.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
This is nothing but headcanon. Stop toting it around as if it was fact.
If machrider is a trans man, is totally okey to refer to him as a he :3
Anyways if we do get the Smash Direct soon, what do you think it will be on?

Characters? Modes? Spirits?
This, maybe they will actually talk trophies, and we will know regarding stuff that we assume that is in, but we really don't know if is really still there ( Stage builder, mii costumes, stadium, events)
I'm also predicting that the second blurred element of teh menu (alongside the spirits mode) is actually event match and there will be a new event match weekly, or something like that.
Smash Tour 2
don't even joke about it ._.
So you're telling me that out of the Grinch Leak's picks on the Mural, one of them is an assist trophy.....

Okay, so why didn't Waluigi or Lyn get on the Mural now that AT's can be on it.
Why does Mach Rider get preferential treatment over those 2 and a dozen other ATs? (assuming Mach Rider's the AT)

And for god's sakes, Mr. Saturn (an Item) is on the Mural.

AN ITEM.
Mr staurn is in not as mr saturn, but as a part of Olimar pic, he is a poor soul being carried to a pikmin ship for digestion, he represent the pikmin sadistic and pragmatic nature, rather than itself, or the mother series.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Gosh dang it, Bayonetta wasn't on the blog tonight. XD
This would've been the perfect opportunity as the first game came out in Japan exactly 9 years ago today.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
No, **** you all, I'm not going to open image editors again just to show you all how basic compression work.

Not again.

I'm not talking to people who believe to see hint in a compressed Jpeg of an originally 50000 pixel wide banner

D

Deleted member

**** like this is why you guys are a bunch of hypocrites for complaining about insiders and why I ****ing hope this leak is fake
Look, I get sick and tired about having to beat around the bush with freaking STEVE! Just because Minecraft sold a lot of units doesn't mean it deserves to be in Smash Bros. Based on that logic, Grand Theft Auto should be in Smash Bros.. The guy is just the default avatar to the game. There's nothing special about him.

If anything, you wanna know how to sink Smash Bros? Have this be the seven characters:

*Steve
*Sans from Undertale
*Freddy Fozbear from Five Nights at Freddy's
*Fortnite Guy
*PUBG Solo Artwork Guy
*Flappy Bird
*Sonic.EXE

I do not apologize for my opinions on these.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Mr Game and Watch, ROB, and Duck Hunt Dog.
All retro characters.
All originating from Nintendo toys.
You know who else originated from a toy before their game?
Mach Rider.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Look, I get sick and tired about having to beat around the bush with freaking STEVE! Just because Minecraft sold a lot of units doesn't mean it deserves to be in Smash Bros. Based on that logic, Grand Theft Auto should be in Smash Bros.. The guy is just the default avatar to the game. There's nothing special about him.

If anything, you wanna know how to sink Smash Bros? Have this be the seven characters:

*Steve
*Sans from Undertale
*Fortnite Guy
*PUBG Solo Artwork Guy
*Flappy Bird
*Sonic.EXE

I think one leaker has said that Steve is in, and nobody has agreed with him or her in any shape or form other than Minecraft is in the game in some way. Recent insiders have even said there's no Minecraft at all.

The chances of Steve getting in are almost negative at this point. It's just a 4chan meme.

Last edited:

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
No, **** you all, I'm not going to open image editors again just to show you all how basic compression work.

Not again.

I'm not talking to people who believe to see hint in a compressed Jpeg of an originally 50000 pixel wide banner
Lmaooo, tbh I think it could be explored more. He's not the only person who seems to disagree.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914

*Steve
*Sans from Undertale
*Fortnite Guy
*PUBG Solo Artwork Guy
*Flappy Bird
*Sonic.EXE

Steve and Sans are the only ones I could see in any way shape or form

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

*Steve
*Sans from Undertale
*Fortnite Guy
*PUBG Solo Artwork Guy
*Flappy Bird
*Sonic.EXE

You realize Minecraft is on multiple Nintendo consoles right???
And has a 3DS XL package???

So it hits the Nintendo history tick???
The **** else do you need man???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom