• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Throw Chorus Kids on there. I was reminded that an Insider is actually confident about them.
I'm fairly certain that almost everyone one the Grinch banner has had someone say they are confident about them, aside from Banjo and Mach Rider.

EDIT: I take it back, PapaGeno said a Microsoft source said yes to Banjo. Has anyone else said yes to Banjo?

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Honestly Smash fans from what I gather from outside the fandom are known for being insanely toxic, perhaps one of the most toxic fandoms out there.
At least for me I generally don't see anywhere the amount of vitriol against leakers and insiders as I see in this fandom in others. We are a hard group to not piss off because of how many different opinions and egos there are and sometimes how much of a hivemind we can be. Im frankly amazed that insiders even care to talk to us a great deal of time.
Well maybe insiders shouldn't bother leaking Smash to begin with. Then no one would be able to complain about them. Also, "toxic" is such an overused buzzword. Why not use a different term every once in a while like "obnoxious" or "annoying"?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Dunno if people are still talking about the Leak in here. Seems like some are from the last few pages in here, so I just wanted to leave another little comparison thing that hopefully helps people out.

There are timestamps in the description that will make it easier to switch between different versions. Also, the aspect ratio is silly. =P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3vY0zg7QkQ&feature=youtu.be

I was inspired to make this comparison after the weird stuff on reddit about an anomaly on the website with little mac and whatnot. I had a hunch that the gif comparisons might be comparing two completely different locations within the overall image, and my suspicion was correct. Little Mac's position in the scene changes drastically between the leak and the website banner.

Anywho, hope this helps people in the discussion. As always, you're free to derive any conclusions you want from the comparison. I'm not asserting anything specific, so I'll let the evidence speak for itself.

It's kinda funny how some characters nowhere near Isabelle change position between the Simon version and the Isabelle version, like ROB and the shadow under Villager.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Say, guys, I have been thinking: What if there was a two person fighter like Ice Climbers to be revealed in a future Direct? They would function the same way as the Ice Climbers, but they each have their own moveset different from each other, and you can determine who is the lead character of the two on the select screen. What do you all think of this?
Chris & Jill.

Chris punches ****, Jill acrobatically kicks ****. All weapons are the same.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So what are we going to find in Sakurai's choice of furniture this time round? Evidence of future DLC characters? Or proof that he knows his feng shui?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Update on the season two poster!

I wasn't gonna do this originally, but a lot of people keep asking about it :laugh:

After taking a day to figure out who'll go where and etc, I've finally started to draw the thing. If i'm lucky it'll be done tomorrow, Thursday at the latest!

I said I wanna keep who's in a surprise, and I will for the most part, but the first person to reply to this gets their fate revealed. Just for fun, y'know?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Last newcomer is Professor Oak. He's a Peach echo. His down special pulls out Pokeballs instead of turnips.
Otherwise he has exactly the same moves

He's a sassy man, don't judge.

D

Deleted member

I'm fairly certain that almost everyone one the Grinch banner has had someone say they are confident about them, aside from Banjo and Mach Rider.
Hey, my sources are confident about Banjo and Mach Rider, but not Chorus Kids or Isaac. They also claim Shadow's still an AT.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I wasn't gonna do this originally, but a lot of people keep asking about it :laugh:

After taking a day to figure out who'll go where and etc, I've finally started to draw the thing. If i'm lucky it'll be done tomorrow, Thursday at the latest!

I said I wanna keep who's in a surprise, and I will for the most part, but the first person to reply to this gets their fate revealed. Just for fun, y'know?
I know I'm not in but why not.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Just for clarity, my comment about the silvergunner video is about the actual word spoken, because the actual audio got deleted so silvergunner’s video is the only trace for now

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Truly insane ending: Grinch leak is faked but every single character in it is in Smash
1540856921749.jpeg

It's hurting me as someone who actually likes the character for the character that people only care that Mach Rider is there to fill some arbitrary quota they made up and "for representation!" While they deliberately spread misinformation about a character.
It's a joke

Spatman

Smash Ace
I would be surprised if there wasn't a huge announcement on the first in order to drive sales for the bundle released the next day.
moreover, Nov 1 is holiday in many regions around the world, so it's likely they can have an even larger audience

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm telling you, i'm more inclined to believe all 8 characters are in somehow, over insiders and the leak partially agreeing.

A fake leak gets 80% of the characters right anyway? Like damn lol it might as well be real.

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
I just want the Grinch Leak to be real for the sake of every other person to feel what I felt when Castlevania was announced on the previous direct.

Pure. Bliss.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
Did someone say that Direct announcements are generally made around 9 AM Japan time? Because that's less than 10 minutes from now and I'm freaking out.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Gonna have to believe Papa geno
The only reason insiders can have to beings this upset and know for SURE incineroar is in has to be because he was old info they know is accurate.
Who knows, he could still be in at base or DLC, but the fact is, they are acting weird because they know the source.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
If the leak comes false better the faker show up, I truly wanna know who made it and how.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Hey, my sources are confident about Banjo and Mach Rider, but not Chorus Kids or Isaac. They also claim Shadow's still an AT.
Look, as long as your source says that Redfoo and Sky Blu are in, our sources are in agreement. Party rock!

portalmasterJ11

Smash Cadet
We're all gonna get hyped about November 1st only to be disapointed like all the other dates we've talked

Please let me be wrong

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Hi! Any news?
In about 10 minutes we'll see if this source on 4chan is accurate about his description of the Grinch leak being real and that a new Nintendo direct is gonna happen on the 1st of November.

OR

If he's really good at guessing the next smash blog post being Lucas.

OR

he's wrong about everything and uncertainty and chaos continues to bubble up across the internet

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

Keep up with your poster, and I'm patient ;) I hope to see finished product.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I mean, do you want the internet to explode in pure joy and devastation simultaneously?!

Granted it's not you, it's your sources, but that hasn't stopped people yet from shooting the messenger. :awesome:

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
a direct this week would be better. why?

so we can finally know everything and see if the leak is legit

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
If the nexr direct (whenever it is) confirmed the leak, you think gamexplain would crack and talk about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom