• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Don't take this guy seriously. He's only "leaking" a direct because Jon from gamexplain posted an Otter an his twitter account. Something he does usually a few days before a direct
As I said this is from October 21st. So doesn't mean it's credible but it's a seperate leaker saying the 1st that is unrelated to the leakers who have already spoke up.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Please add more substance to your post rather than just an image. This is considered spam and is against the site rules.
Not long now...
end.gif

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Mystic was also pretty certain on Chorus Kids. Don't leave my bois out.
Honestly, the fact that this leak and a few insiders are agreeing on like 70% of the characters leads me to believe all 8 are actually in the game.

The leak is the 7 for base.
Incineroar is DLC or an add on incentive after.

It makes sense because on the overall Nintendo spectrum in terms of popularity, a pokemon character makes perfect sense to sell as DLC or as an incentive for Switch Online. Plus Incineroar is entirely more relevant than any of those 7 characters currently, especially to Nintendo and how popular he is with kids.

Watch carefully the two sets of characters, which one says Mach Rider is in ? Now you know which team you have to choose :shades:
I'm honestly I've come to the conclusion that both are right because all 8 are in the game XD.

Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
There's a retro rep in every game and Mach Rider was previously considered for Melee, it's far from left field. And "those outside of the speculation part of Smash" aren't a factor, because leaks are also "the speculation part of Smash."
I think Sakurai would focus a bit more on surprising the majority who aren't into speculation. Nothing about surprise in leaks

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
While I'm not saying they are credible or anything, but the tweet is from October 21st, before even the Grinch leak. At that point most rumors we're of the 8th after this event, where as this tweet says before the event.

Just saying they probably weren't bandwagoning, but I also don't know if they're worth listening to.
I'm aware but they didn't state the 1st, so...

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I feel terrible for Mystic to be honest. Transparency gone to hell.

And this guy was the furthest away from nintendo a source can be, I cant imagine how ****ed up things must be with closer sourcws
What happened?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
As I said this is from October 21st. So doesn't mean it's credible but it's a seperate leaker saying the 1st that is unrelated to the leakers who have already spoke up.
That's interesting, but still, he's saying there's only 2-3 more characters. TWO OR THREE. This guy is literally confirming box theory while PapaGenos says we have 7 characters left and MysticDistance is saying we have 5 characters left. Mixed messaging up the wazoo.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
lol it's tongue-in-cheek my dude chill it ain't hurtin' nobody
It's hurting me as someone who actually likes the character for the character that people only care that Mach Rider is there to fill some arbitrary quota they made up and "for representation!" While they deliberately spread misinformation about a character.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Say, guys, I have been thinking: What if there was a two person fighter like Ice Climbers to be revealed in a future Direct? They would function the same way as the Ice Climbers, but they each have their own moveset different from each other, and you can determine who is the lead character of the two on the select screen. What do you all think of this?
There's Chorus Kids/Glee Club, but that's three and they would probably have the same movesets.

I think Rex and Pyra/Mythra is the best pick for this.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's hurting me as someone who actually likes the character for the character that people only care that Mach Rider is there to fill some arbitrary quota they made up and "for representation!" While they deliberately spread misinformation about a character.
cool

I like the character too. Kamen Riders are cool and I like all the designs of the character we've seen. I didn't say anything about any of that stuff, I was just goofing. It's chill.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Say, guys, I have been thinking: What if there was a two person fighter like Ice Climbers to be revealed in a future Direct? They would function the same way as the Ice Climbers, but they each have their own moveset different from each other, and you can determine who is the lead character of the two on the select screen. What do you all think of this?
It sounds interesting, but i'm not sure who it could be.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Can you give an example of who would be an "absurd" or "out of left field" Nintendo character for Smash Ultimate? With WTF, Rob and Duck Hunt already in, I can't imagine any other that would be such a big quirky surprise like that. Maybe Poochy? I don't know...
For retro reps:
For non-retro characters, the pool is too wide to list them, but that's kind of the point. If they showed a seemingly random first party character, it'd be a lot harder to reason against it, because why would they lie about that character? How would they even think of them? The Grinch leak is all stuff that anyone could've predicted, it's all characters someone would add if they wanted people to believe them.
Besides those, there's Parabo & Satebo (mascots for the Satellaview, Nintendo's Super Famicom add-on that predated the modern DLC format), Bubbles from Clu Clu Land and Foreman Spike from Wrecking Crew.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Bad enough to be good
Nope. Just bad.

They actually recreated the original Resident Evil, with static backgrounds and moving characters and everything, on the Game Boy Color. While a technical achievement, it plays like absolute ***. Most times you can't tell which way your character is facing because it's like five total pixels on the other side of the room. Dodging zombies is nearly impossible due to a total lack of true perspective.

There's a reason it was never finished and released to the public.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I love how we're all convinced at what's remaining. Common opinion seems to be Ken, Isaac, Incineroar, Geno, Shadow.

We're in uncharted territory in regards to Smash, without a cemented "real" leak. There's the possibility of a surprise no one sees coming, and that possibility is incredibly exciting to me.

Smash is cool.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
it's over the top headcanoning to get a reaction out of people, and frankly it worked.

that being said I also love this headcanon
hell yeah good taste

It's just a fun bit. Not too deep. Just goofs. The post the Incineroar guy made with the Wheelie from Kirby had me rolling.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I love how we're all convinced at what's remaining. Common opinion seems to be Ken, Isaac, Incineroar, Geno, Shadow.

We're in uncharted territory in regards to Smash, without a cemented "real" leak. There's the possibility of a surprise no one sees coming, and that possibility is incredibly exciting to me.

Smash is cool.
all of the grinch characters + incineroar happens

"Wait... we have one more announcement to show you."

Captain N: The Game Master

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Smash is cool.

Throw Chorus Kids on there. I was reminded that an Insider is actually confident about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom