• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
In about 10 minutes we'll see if this source on 4chan is accurate about his description of the Grinch leak being real and that a new Nintendo direct is gonna happen on the 1st of November.

OR

If he's really good at guessing the next smash blog post being Lucas.

OR

he's wrong about everything and uncertainty and chaos continues to bubble up across the internet
Source on this 4chan post? Sorry, haven't been paying attention.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
The entire Smash roster is LGBTQ+ or LGBTQ+ allies. Sorry I don't make the rules.

don't @ me
I didnt expect such blessed content when I signed up here but I'm not complaining

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Main reason I'm on #TeamReal is just for the excitement it would entail.

30-35 straight days of pure chaotic WTF as the boards are put up, people analyze the movesets and how good they are as moves and as faithful ties to the character.

It'd be like going to the Schlitterbahn water park. All these grandiose attractions to climb into and coast down every which way for hours on end. Who wouldn't want that.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Something on the 1st/near the bundle release on the 2nd would make sense, an announcement for a Direct on Tuesday would be the cutoff for that since game specific Directs are announced a few days before.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Despite all that's happened in the past week, I'm still sticking to my initial expectations: 2 to 3 more characters, not including Echoes.

Keeping my expectations in check has paid off phenomenally so far, and I'm not about to break my streak just because the Grinch leak has made a lot of us expect 5 to 6 more unique characters. If I'm wrong, I get way more than I expected. If I'm right, I can't say I wasn't prepared.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Dunno if people are still talking about the Leak in here. Seems like some are from the last few pages in here, so I just wanted to leave another little comparison thing that hopefully helps people out.

There are timestamps in the description that will make it easier to switch between different versions. Also, the aspect ratio is silly. =P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3vY0zg7QkQ&feature=youtu.be

I was inspired to make this comparison after the weird stuff on reddit about an anomaly on the website with little mac and whatnot. I had a hunch that the gif comparisons might be comparing two completely different locations within the overall image, and my suspicion was correct. Little Mac's position in the scene changes drastically between the leak and the website banner.

Anywho, hope this helps people in the discussion. As always, you're free to derive any conclusions you want from the comparison. I'm not asserting anything specific, so I'll let the evidence speak for itself.

It's kinda funny how some characters nowhere near Isabelle change position between the Simon version and the Isabelle version, like ROB and the shadow under Villager.
Hey man I just want to say that I really like what you've been putting out regarding this possible-leak the whole time. You and papagenos are being cool and hitting us all up with a combo of good info and transparency, really helps to derive our own conclusions in this weird time.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I just want the Grinch Leak to be real for the sake of every other person to feel what I felt when Castlevania was announced on the previous direct.

Pure. Bliss.
I will feel very happy for fans of the characters, and most importantly Geno, but characters that I've wanted from the start still won't be there so I don't know if I will be able to feel the pure bliss.

Tails and Quote are my dudes that I need to make me ultra mega happy for Smash and I won't ask for anything ever again.
This game is still gonna be amazing non the less though.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I spend the majority of my time on Smashboards while at work and it sure is a risky click every time someone posts a 4chan link.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Despite all that's happened in the past week, I'm still sticking to my initial expectations: 2 to 3 more characters, not including Echoes.

Keeping my expectations in check has paid off phenomenally so far, and I'm not about to break my streak just because the Grinch leak has made a lot of us expect 5 to 6 more unique characters. If I'm wrong, I get way more than I expected. If I'm right, I can't say I wasn't prepared.
I mean it's not just the Grinch leak at this point.
Due to the leak numerous insiders have come out heavily defending more characters beyond the 2 we expected due to box.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If the nexr direct (whenever it is) confirmed the leak, you think gamexplain would crack and talk about it?
I actually think what was said makes sense--if they have insider information, then they wouldn't be able to discuss it like they usually would. So after all the characters in the banner are revealed, I bet they'd be able to. Though, they'd have so much egg on their face (thankfully Jon would bathe in a puddle).

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Say, guys, I have been thinking: What if there was a two person fighter like Ice Climbers to be revealed in a future Direct? They would function the same way as the Ice Climbers, but they each have their own moveset different from each other, and you can determine who is the lead character of the two on the select screen. What do you all think of this?
if they did that i would totally want it to be the twins from ff6 edgar and sabin, edgar would uses his tools and sabin uses martial arts

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So what are we going to find in Sakurai's choice of furniture this time round? Evidence of future DLC characters? Or proof that he knows his feng shui?
It's all mid-century Danish modern, with fluffy white pillows.

Suddenly, it's all but confirmed. The community feels it. It's so obvious who he's hinting at.

Moomintroll for Smash.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
If the nexr direct (whenever it is) confirmed the leak, you think gamexplain would crack and talk about it?
I would expect them to explain why they are acting so weird AND rude whenever Grinch leak was bring up to them in reasonable manner, and also prob will say sorry for what just happened before leak gets confirmed.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Yeah I know, its not exactly a reliable story but curious to see if he's correct about Lucas being the next blog post. (Whether he's correct or not)
Just gonna say, that with every character blog post, it statistically gets easier and easier to guess it and make a fake leak as a result lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Fair enough. I still think that 4 newcomers max not including Echos, at least in my gut.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
There's actually a sizeable chance that Skull Kid is hidden in the banner underneath Mach Rider, nobody has concretely tied the Mask-shaped object underneath to his bike and there are yellow and purple orbs floating nearby that don't seem attached to other colors/fighters (representing the two fairies). There's also a lot of green and yellow underneath that "Mask" (which could be his tunic).

It's a very slim chance, but nobody has firmly debunked Skull Kid. Besides the "Chadondorf" post.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Remind me as to why Lucas getting shown off tonight would be a big deal?

With how few characters there are left to show(In regards to veterans), that's not that big of a guess.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Hey, my sources are confident about Banjo and Mach Rider, but not Chorus Kids or Isaac. They also claim Shadow's still an AT.
Didn't your source also claim that Dark Classic Pit is an echo of Classic Pit who's a semi-clone of Dr. Game Climbers and that Toad would be an almost-semi-semi-clone of Captain Falco McSky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom