• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wouldn’t a direct on the 1st or 2nd make more sense if Nintendo is showing off the release build on the 3rd? Why wouldn’t they just do the direct on the 1st or 2nd instead of next week?
Yeah that's my thought process as well. If they're doing two Nintendo Live's then why wouldn't they be the full game? Especially the 2nd NL that happens much later in the month. I doubt they're going to be using the demo version for that event as well.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wait wha-?

Popeye is about to become public domain?!?

...not sure how I feel about that...

As for smash, as much as I liked Popeye growing up as a kid, he’s not a game character and shouldn’t be in smash. I can’t budge on that, and I hope sakurai never does either.
I wouldn't worry, he's been too busy shoveling through the piles of Goku and Shrek requests. There's still plenty of fish in the ocean to ask for.

EndlessPillows

Smash Rookie
RE: The Otter tweat. The last few days seem to have been very 'Community vs Insiders' (unfortunately).

What are the chances Jon posted it just to stir the pot/watch our reaction?

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
Someone on GameFAQS said he was. Hmm.

I only listened to it one time. I can't for the life of me listen to that nonsense twice.
Here's the quote in question:
You people attack insiders, twitter and youtuber personalities every day when they share information with you, and when they don't give you what you want, and you attack them? No, you can go to hell. But you're not entitled to any information, don't think that you are.

LoopyBlack

Smash Cadet
GaneXplain has this guy's voice actor's son working for them-

Of course they have inside info. Can that inside info also be partially wrong? Abso-****i g-lutely.
(assuming this is serious) Ash has been with GameXplain for years and talked freely about all the leaks back in the Smash 4 days. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Rob Paulsen has no relation to anything having to do with Smash Bros. Ash's dad is clearly not the source of their inside info.

D

Deleted member

I see we're back to yelling at people for not claiming things are real again.

Wonderful. :upsidedown:

Anyways, I'm going through watching reaction videos to all of the Smash presentations so far, and I feel myself getting hyped for this game all over again. Watching fellow Splatoon fans react to the Inkling showcase from E3 especially just puts a big, stupid grin on my face and gets me more excited than I already was.

This game is gonna be good, guys. So, so good.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I feel as if any text leak that predicts a blog post as means of proof, ironically enough, is immediately fake.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Hmmm... What if this week we get a smash direct and then next week we get a Nintendo direct that announces the N64 classic with BK and then BK in Smash. It would line up with Microsoft potentially announcing Banjo Threeie during their Nov. 11 event.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Oh, I thought **** went south in the old thread and mods had to put is in perma-time out.

We just got denied the perfect timeline where we have. a page 6969 and every post is just "Nice."

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Hmmm... What if this week we get a smash direct and then next week we get a Nintendo direct that announces the N64 classic with BK and then BK in Smash. It would line up with Microsoft potentially announcing Banjo Threeie during their Nov. 11 event.
That’s great thinking, hopefully you’re right!

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
(assuming this is serious) Ash has been with GameXplain for years and talked freely about all the leaks back in the Smash 4 days. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Rob Paulsen has no relation to anything having to do with Smash Bros. Ash's dad is clearly not the source of their inside info.
You don't quite understand what I'm getting at. Somebody with relation to someone with celebrity status definitely has references to the entertainment industry. This cannot be debated.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
HA.

We broke the last thread. That's hilarious.

On topic: Forget Waluigi. MIDNA WAS ROBBED BEING AN AT. RIOT.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't get why they think we would need to apologize. I mean most of us haven't done anything wrong or attacked the other side.
They're referring to the people who are constantly harassing them and saying "**** insiders" because they're not saying what the ravenous hordes want.
If you're not doing any of that then they don't mean you.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can I say that I'm much more interested about talking about the actual "leak" than seeing peoples complaining likes children to one and another over the leak state?

Those "insider" Vs " community" debate are really beginning to grind my gears.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It would be every single dream I've ever had happening all at once.

So it's not going to happen.

But maybe...

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Created in 1919 so it will be public next year ?? :eek:
It's the cartoon that inspired the first Donkey Kong lol
People assume that because something is public domain that anyone can do whatever they want with the IP but the truth is "Popeye the Sailor" still has a trademark which can be renewed indefinitely. The trademark will still make things difficult for other people to use the property as they want. If King Features really wanted to, they could still sue Nintendo for using the Popeye trademark. Nintendo would have to redesign Popeye in a way that would avoid messing with the trademark and they probably couldn't use the same logo or symbols associated with him.

Last edited:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
They probably should have stayed neutral then. Them picking a side so in the way that they did has caused more suspicion on them than if they were just quiet about it
Correct. Plus it's a false dichotomy to pit ~20 "insiders" against millions of other "non-insiders". Fact is the former supposedly got to their status by virtue of some professionalism. Much as I find it in opposition to the spirit of open internet discussion, they’ve essentially carved out a position for “mainstream” punditry within niche online communities. If you’re going to claim this status, you don’t get to have your cake and eat it too by lauding some vague connection to the real professionals to whom you owe your careers while still engaging in the ****-flinging of Twitter/forum/YT discussion.

It's all just a sad display of the continued infancy of the broader video game community. You either have nothing to say, or have something to say about how you can’t say anything. One stern tweet and a few uses of the block button is all that’s needed.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So what's this "ResetERA mod meltdown" you guys speak of?

Jess. Alakasam

Smash Cadet
They're referring to the people who are constantly harassing them and saying "**** insiders" because they're not saying what the ravenous hordes want.

No, they say "question for the community who's convinced this is real" this groups all of us who are on team real in with these jerks.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I thought **** went south in the old thread and mods had to put is in perma-time out.

We just got denied the perfect timeline where we have. a page 6969 and every post is just "Nice."
At least with this thread starting over at page 1, we can get page 69 2.

It's not as blessed as 6969, but it's something...

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean? What happened?
Did you not listen to the audio clip? All of the "industry insider personnel" (which includes that NeoNeoGAF moderator <- that is what Resetera is) is acting "holier than thou" because HIS references to the game makes him disbelieve the leak. The problem with these pompous asses is that it is entirely possible for their source to have given them OUTDATED and/or leakbaited info, something that all of them refuse to accept.

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I mean... the N64 nini needs to be announced soon but we also need a smash centered direct, so we could easily get two directs this month

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

They're being 100% generalizing with what they say. You can't be generalizing, say "oh I only meant this specific crowd", and hide behind that. That moderator specifically wasn't even exclusively referring to people being aggressive or harassing. He was referring to people in the chat of that discussion insisting it was real.

They're going to gloat over this when it's confirmed fake and they're going to probably regret it. I can't imagine publicly celebrating you were right about the roster being less hype than people expected is a good game plan when tensions are high, especially when these insiders are a component as to WHY tensions are as bad as they are.

It's very silly and I don't understand how anybody could defend people like the moderator here. He's delusional and lost in self-importance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom