• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
We're now at the first, little steps with 10 pages! I hope this will grow large like the previous discussion!!

By the way...I see now about the Ken leak. I guess we'll have to wait unill Nintendo reveals the truth.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Ok , new game guys:

Make a Smash Bros roster with only TV Show characters!

12 Characters
Cory Baxter
Sheldon Cooper
Young Sheldon (not an echo, akin to Link vs. Young Link)
Ron Swanson
Jimmy Neutron
Rick Harrison (with Chumlee echo)
Phil Robertson
Hannah Montana
Spongebob
Barney the Dinosaur
Blue from Blue's Clues

DLC because **** your rules:
Bill Cosby
Honey Boo Boo
Snooki

God tier roster right here, sorry for the Cory in the House and Pawn Stars bias but I don't give a ****

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Of course there are 8 pages by the time I learn there's a new thread...

Is it just me, or has everyone forgotten about this Ken leak:
View attachment 173285

View attachment 173286
Has this been debunked already?
Either real or an extremely well made fake. Unless someone finds an angle on the picture noone has considered there's not really much to discuss though, which is why it doesn't come up much anymore.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
Went for a walk and a thought occured to me, if they DID sell fighter costumes to replace Mii Costumes which characters you think would get them and which costume would it be

(rules for this forum game: limit one per character and bonus points if you can think of costumes for EVERYONE)

Edit: I Guess ill start...

:ultsimon:- Chronicles Design Simon
:ultrichter:- SOTN Long Hair Ricther
:ultkirby: Yarn, Prince Fluff, maybe the other standard colors (Red, Yellow, Green)
:ultdk: Funky alts including unique voice clips like the Koopalings

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Went for a walk and a thought occured to me, if they DID sell fighter costumes to replace Mii Costumes which characters you think would get them and which costume would it be

(rules for this forum game: limit one per character and bonus points if you can think of costumes for EVERYONE)

Edit: I Guess ill start...

:ultsimon:- Chronicles Design Simon
:ultrichter:- SOTN Long Hair Ricther

All female chars excluding Villager, Wendy, Leaf & Jigglypuff get swimsuits
Turn Smash into DoA

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cory Baxter
Sheldon Cooper
Young Sheldon (not an echo, akin to Link vs. Young Link)
Ron Swanson
Jimmy Neutron
Rick Harrison (with Chumlee echo)
Phil Robertson
Hannah Montana
Spongebob
Barney the Dinosaur
Blue from Blue's Clues

DLC because **** your rules:
Bill Cosby
Honey Boo Boo
Snooki

God tier roster right here, sorry for the Cory in the House and Pawn Stars bias but I don't give a ****
No Zoe? Even though I've been posting about her for THE ENTIRE THREAD? Not Cool my dude.

My version:
Zoe Trent (duh)
Super Show Mario
Twilight Sparkle
Steven Universe
Spongebob
Phineas and Ferb
Escargoon
Ezra from Star Wars Rebels
Ash Ketchum
Jade Catkin
Ms. Marvel (the new one)
Mickey Mouse

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Reasons why Zoe could/should be in Smash:
1. Zoe represents a popular third-party company.
2. Zoe is a character that isn't really relevant anymore, but Ultimate is bringing in a lot of those. (I mean, :ultkrool:and :ultsimon: haven't appeared in years, and :ultdarksamus: flippin' DIED in her home series)
3. Sakurai has actually considered non-videogame reps before.
4. Zoe is from a franchise that needs love right now.
5. In the end, Zoe might actually bring in more fans to Smash than most characters would.
Sakurai has never considered non video game reps, he’s made fun of the fact (aka spongebob) but he’s never ever considered one

StarLight42

Smash Lord

I want this is a costume for Mario that's my favorite outfit from Odyssey.

Or maybe Dr. Mario gets an alt that has those shine patterns on his coat, that would be cool too.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp, RIP us getting to page 6666 :c

Anyway, guessing were at the same point as before? Nothing new has developed? Not even a direct announcement?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I came home to my dreams of page 6666 being crushed.

Entropy swallows us all eventually. Victims of the universe's circumstance.

ME SAD BOY

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
Ok , new game guys:

12 Characters
1. Uncle Phil
2. Urkel
3. Buster Bluth
4. Bart
5. Doodle Bob
6. Quick Draw McGraw
7. Space Ghost
8. Don Draper
9. Randy Marsh
10. Dr. House
11. Jack Bauer
12. Grandpa from Hey Arnold

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I found a post in 4chan, but it's not about the leak this time. Someone may be connected to the Banner leak - the guy uploads a video, saying that 45 days from release, there will be a big leak. In that same day window, the banner leak happened. Is he somehow connected?

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/436920587
I TOLD you guys that MTP had a connection to the leak. There's NO way that was a coincidence that he says 45 days before the game comes out there will be a massive leak and then VOILA massive leak on the exact day he predicts it.

papagenos papagenos This is big.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
R.I.P the page 6969 dream :crying:

We flew too close to the sun..
Reminds me of the good old Smash 4 Social

Flyboy

Smash Hero
On the subject of Metal Gear:

Liquid Ocelot would be a great echo. He's the real recurring Metal Gear villain and cast member that makes the most sense. I'd love The Boss considering she's one of the most important characters in the series and would make a perfect moveset echo but she technically was only in one game in-person. Big Boss is too simple for me but I'd love him/Naked Snake attires. Smash Snake is basically Big Boss dressed like Solid Snake as it is, for some reason.

Metal Gear Solid is a good game but the Metal Gear series has so much more it should be drawing from, like 3, or even the originals. My ideal Snake alt outfit would be Old Snake from 4. 4 is my personal series favorite.

Raiden in his MGS2 form would be good especially if they used more fluid animations for him. They already incorporate his flip kick into Snake's moveset. I love MGS2 so it makes sense. However, if they go with Cyborg Raiden, it absolutely should be his Metal Gear Solid 4 self because that one's actually canon. It is ****ing mind-blowing to me that Rising, a non-canon spinoff, gets the attention it does when it isn't even a good game. Christ, that story is so awful, and in no way does it match Metal Gear's actual ethos. They butchered Raiden's design, character, and fighting style and it just drags so hard with so many bland environments and...ugh. If it was released alongside Metal Gear Survive people would be treating it the exact same way. Makes my blood boil that it's still kicking around like a ****ing cockroach.

Okay, soapbox done. I just hate what Rising did to Raiden, to the discussion surrounding the series, and to the fandom. I also would hope the actual mainline Metal Gear games got more love in Smash before the one that people only remember because Sony and Konami pushed it.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
No.
SpawnWave suggested that the direct will be on the 1st, and Jon from Gamexplain (who Smashboards used to think was leaking directs before he said he doesn't believe in the banner leak) may be hinting at it.

I can't see if he posted any otters before the August 8th direct because Twitter is **** and doesn't work.
When was the 8.8 direct announced? I can look it up for you.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Raiden in his MGS2 form would be good especially if they used more fluid animations for him. They already incorporate his flip kick into Snake's moveset. I love MGS2 so it makes sense. However, if they go with Cyborg Raiden, it absolutely should be his Metal Gear Solid 4 self because that one's actually canon. It is ****ing mind-blowing to me that Rising, a non-canon spinoff, gets the attention it does when it isn't even a good game. Christ, that story is so awful, and in no way does it match Metal Gear's actual ethos. They butchered Raiden's design, character, and fighting style and it just drags so hard with so many bland environments and...ugh. If it was released alongside Metal Gear Survive people would be treating it the exact same way. Makes my blood boil that it's still kicking around like a ****ing cockroach.
Yeah, sa... oh, we're talking about Rising, not 4

D

Deleted member

1 2 Oatmeal should be a song in the game

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The completely random character has to be related to video games, this isn't Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed, you know. :4pacman:
Hannah Montana for Wii is the subject of one of the biggest Wii scalper scams of all time when someone spread a rumor that it could install CFW on a Wii through an exploit. Scalpers then bought up the stock and drove up prices until it was revealed that the whole thing was a hoax.

See! Videogame history! It checks out!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hannah Montana for Wii is the subject of one of the biggest Wii scalper scams of all time when someone spread a rumor that it could install CFW on a Wii through an exploit. Scalpers then bought up the stock and drove up prices until it was revealed that the whole thing was a hoax.

See! Videogame history! It checks out!
By that logic we should have ET in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Ok , new game guys:

12 Characters
-Someone from Kamen Rider.
-Mickey Mouse.
-Bugs Bunny.
-Adam West's Batman.
-Captain N.
-Music Meister (he debuted in Brave & The Bold, so it counts).
-Michael Knight
-B.A. Baracus
-Flash Gordon
-He-Man
-Cobra Commander
-Skelletor.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
Ok , new game guys:

12 Characters
1. Peter Griffin
2. Tim Allen
3. Johnny Test
4. Sans Undertale
5. Sheldon
6. Patrick Star
7. The guy who sings the nutshack theme
8. Eric Bricartman
9. Kermit
10. Josh and Parker
11. Guy who does the disney channel voice