• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Yo guys, if we were to get 3rd party DLC characters, who would you want? I legitimately cant think of any
Arthur from Ghosts'n Goblins with Prin Prin in alt skin.
Otherwise : Kyo Kusanagi from KoF
Lloyd Irving
Arle Nadja & Carbuncle from Puyo Puyo

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The last thread got locked due getting overflowed...

Guys, I might start to think the Grinch might have the ability to probably break space-time continuum with his current stunt...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
This is the same dude who bought a **** ton of Rosalina amiibos to keep them away from her fans because he thought she was a thot waifu or something...
Giving Nintendo my money for Rosalina stuff even though I hate her to own the Rosalina fans

Graizen

Smash Champion
Ok , new game guys:

Make a Smash Bros roster with only TV Show characters!

12 Characters

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
So, we know this weekend is that Nintendo Live event in Japan, and rumors are that they might do the tournament with the final version of the game and all characters available.

If that's true, then it should probably indicate that we'd get the direct this thursday, the 1st, revealing all characters.

If that's also true, then we'd get the Direct notice 2 days before, so probably tomorrow, right? Or has a direct ever been announced the day before?

The other alternative is Nintendo Live using a previous game version, and then announcing a direct for next week at the end, kinda like what they did at EVO.

I really really hope it's this week. Last week was amazing with the leak and all the discussions, but the Grinch has run out of fuel and I can't take another week of not knowing anything new.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Is it just me, or has everyone forgotten about this Ken leak:
View attachment 173285

View attachment 173286
Has this been debunked already?
I think most of us believe it, it's just that Ken is probably the most obvious and most boring character you could leak.

Seriously, if this person has the game, why the heck did they choose Ken over Incineroar or Isaac?

Heracr055

Smash Ace
I haven't made any comments about DLC in the previous thread.
If the Grinch leak holds true with the characters it says it has, then I have 3 requests (I'll be happy with any one):

1) Lusamine (Nihilego fusion)
2) Spyro
3) Shantae

Edit: Just saw Emperor's New Groove fully last week. Yzma is too overpowered, please nerf

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Did Spawn Cast speculate a Nov. 1st Direct? I saw this mentioned in the previous Discussion thread when they were brought up.

It would lineup with Jon's otter tweet; it does seem like he tweets an otter every time it's a few days before a Direct, and he did this in September for both Direct dates.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Went for a walk and a thought occured to me, if they DID sell fighter costumes to replace Mii Costumes which characters you think would get them and which costume would it be

(rules for this forum game: limit one per character and bonus points if you can think of costumes for EVERYONE)

Edit: I Guess ill start...

:ultsimon:- Chronicles Design Simon
:ultrichter:- SOTN Long Hair Ricther
Hmm...

:ultmario:: Wedding Dress
:ultluigi:: Mr. L
:ultpeach:: Bonneton Outfit
:ultbowser:: Dry Bowser
:ultyoshi:: Boshi
:ultwario:: Purple Wind
:ultdk:: Funky Kong
:ultkrool:: Kaptain K. Rool
:ultkingdedede:: N64 Dedede
:ultmetaknight:: Morpho Knight
:ultsamus:: Light Suit
:ultlink:: Underwear Link
:ultganondorf:: TP Ganon
:ultsnake:: Big Boss
:ultness:: Ninten
:ultlucas:: Masked Man
:ultsonic:: SA2 Soap Shoes
:ultfalcon:: Helmetless, with a Jojo face
:ultinkling:: Agent 4
:ulttoonlink:: Outset Island outfit
:ultmiifighters:: Great Sage from Miitopia
:ultbayonetta:: Waluigi model swap

D

Deleted member

Reasons why Zoe could/should be in Smash:
1. Zoe represents a popular third-party company.
2. Zoe is a character that isn't really relevant anymore, but Ultimate is bringing in a lot of those. (I mean, :ultkrool:and :ultsimon: haven't appeared in years, and :ultdarksamus: flippin' DIED in her home series)
3. Sakurai has actually considered non-videogame reps before.
4. Zoe is from a franchise that needs love right now.
5. In the end, Zoe might actually bring in more fans to Smash than most characters would.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
People on GameFAQS are just NOW picking up on the similarities between MarioTehPlumber and the Chad Ganon leaker

I'm getting a really bad feeling in my stomach that MarioTehPlumber somehow set this all up (despite him clearly being an idiot) to troll the **** out of the Smash community, and

People keep saying "you have to be an INSANE leaker to fake all of this". The thing is, MarioTehPlumber TRANSCENDS insanity. The guy's every other word is literally ****.

This is the same dude who bought a **** ton of Rosalina amiibos to keep them away from her fans because he thought she was a thot waifu or something...
MarioTehPlumber hardly has a grasp of the English language.

Expecting him to know French is a bit of a stretch.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Went for a walk and a thought occured to me, if they DID sell fighter costumes to replace Mii Costumes which characters you think would get them and which costume would it be

(rules for this forum game: limit one per character and bonus points if you can think of costumes for EVERYONE)

:ultbowser: Dry; :ultganondorf: Phantom; :ultkrool: Roolenstein; :ultness: Soul robot; :ultpokemontrainer: Shiny; :ultsamus: Samus Returns; :ultdarksamus: S-AX; :ultwario: Zero Suit; :ultyounglink: LttP (Pink hair); :ultzss: Justin Bailey

If Alph-style alts are a thing, AKA the Un-Echo-Worthy crew: :ultlucas: Actual Claus;:ultness: Ninten; :ultsheik: Impa; :ultsnake: Big Boss/Naked Snake; :ultzelda: Hilda.

Hell, I'd pay for new taunts.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If that was enough as a criteria, Shrek and Goku would have been in by now. By related, I meant "born in video games that aren't based on licenses".

Bah, I'm getting tired of these facetious jokes...

People on GameFAQS are just NOW picking up on the similarities between MarioTehPlumber and the Chad Ganon leaker

I'm getting a really bad feeling in my stomach that MarioTehPlumber somehow set this all up (despite him clearly being an idiot) to troll the **** out of the Smash community, and

People keep saying "you have to be an INSANE leaker to fake all of this". The thing is, MarioTehPlumber TRANSCENDS insanity. The guy's every other word is literally ****.

And he'd be stupid enough to lure the Nintendo ninjas into arresting him in the process, if he went "ha ha, it was me!". Not to mention giving free publicity to the game whose fanbase he hates.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Has the general threads for Smash 4 and Brawl ever got so big during their times a new thread needed to be opened?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Seriously, if this person has the game, why the heck did they choose Ken over Incineroar or Isaac?
Because they personally think that Ken is more exciting.

To be honest, the more obvious explanation is that that's a shot from Ken's trailer or character showcase video.

Last edited:

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman

:ultsnake: - Iroquois Pliskin
:ultsimon: - Chronicles
:ultrichter: - Mullet
:ultpokemontrainer: - Squirtle Squad Shades
:ultlink: - Twilight Princess
:ultzelda: - Twilight Princess
:ultganondorf: - Twilight Princess
:ultmetaknight: - Maskless
:ultsheik: - Ocarina Of Time
:ultbowser: - Dry Bowser
:ultcloud: - Crossdressing
:ultpikachu: - Train Conductor
:ultkirby: - Scan Ability (if the costume could theoretically modify inflate)
:ultsamus: - Fusion Suit
:ultgnw: - Mario Bros
:ultryu: - Evil Ryu
:ultfalcon: - Classic
:ultpeach: - Sports
:ultdaisy: - Sports

D

Deleted member

Ok, now im listening.

Why Zoe Trent and no other chars?
Reasons why Zoe could/should be in Smash:
1. Zoe represents a popular third-party company.
2. Zoe is a character that isn't really relevant anymore, but Ultimate is bringing in a lot of those. (I mean, :ultkrool:and :ultsimon: haven't appeared in years, and :ultdarksamus: flippin' DIED in her home series)
3. Sakurai has actually considered non-videogame reps before.
4. Zoe is from a franchise that needs love right now.
5. In the end, Zoe might actually bring in more fans to Smash than most characters would.
Just making sure you see it FalcoXP FalcoXP sorry for posting this AGAIN to everyone else

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736

:ultsnake: - Venom Snake or Naked Snake
:ultpokemontrainer: - Other Gen trainers
:ulttoonlink: - Pajamas Toon Link

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom