• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Here's the final scenario boys:
  • Grinch leak is fake. Guy won't reveal himself, and made it for the fun of it. Everything else is either a funny coincidence or fans looking too far into things.
  • These are the final characters:
    • Incineroar
    • Ken
    • Shadow
    • Isaac
    • Geno
  • Mach Rider and Chorus Kids aren't in the game, unfortunately.
  • Sora will be revealed at the VGAs as one of, if not the first DLC characters. He might also be base roster.
  • Shortly after Sora's announcement Lloyd, Banjo & Kazooie, and Rex and Pyra will be announced as characters to make the first DLC "season" (similar to how you could buy Ryu, Roy, and Lucas or Cloud and Bayonetta together in Sm4sh).
    • Banjo might also be base roster though, but I'd give him a lower chance than Sora.
  • 108 stages is real, and Corocoro backpedalled hard on that one.
  • The Grinch movie will be mediocre at best.
This honestly wouldn't be too bad.
I think you're too pessimistic.

The Grinch movie will be okay

Potato_

Smash Lord
  • Grinch leak is fake. Guy won't reveal himself, and made it for the fun of it. Everything else is either a funny coincidence or fans looking too far into things.
    • Incineroar
    • Ken
    • Shadow
    • Isaac
    • Geno
  • Sora will be revealed at the VGAs as one of, if not the first DLC characters. He might also be base roster.
  • Shortly after Sora's announcement Lloyd, Banjo & Kazooie, and Rex and Pyra will be announced as characters to make the first DLC "season" (similar to how you could buy Ryu, Roy, and Lucas or Cloud and Bayonetta together in Sm4sh).
    • Banjo might also be base roster though, but I'd give him a lower chance than Sora.
This would be horrible. I'm too attached to the Grinch movie now, it better not disappoint.

Seriously though, this would be a great starting roster even without Banjo. The DLC characters make sense, and further down the line we could get more Nintendo reps that missed out (Spitballing some name here: Dee, Skull Kid, Captain Toad, Dixie, Waluigi). There are a lot of possibilities.

Shroob

Sup?
So the question is:

Nani the ****.

I think that sums it up.

How the flying **** 'could' this be fake if it ends up being so.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
And Ryce, the MVCI leaker also made a statement.

Source

So...seems that there is maybe too many characters on the mural?
"One of the characters I know of was cut recently for some reason"
Oh... Please no... not again...

Now I'm starting to hope that the Direct happens while I'm at work...
That way, If Chorus Kids do get in, I will instantly know thanks to everyone @ing me here...

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Also I’d wager that Mystic saying there’s 108 Stages rather hints at Banjo, Mach Rider, and Chorus Kids are in unless Pokemon gets a new stage.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Can I ask you what this poster thing is about? It just like some community thing you want to do?
It's called the "anime poster" where I draw me and several other users as if we were the main cast of an anime.

I've already done one before, but i've decided to do another one.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Oh, Fire Emblem Fates. lol my bad. I thought they meant Fate/Stay Night. I didn't realize they were talking about Fire Emblem Fates
We absolutely could use a Fate/Stay Night character, bridge that gap between anime and gaming and get another genre (visual novels) represented.
Once again i've opened the floodgates. What can I say? I'm a sucker for pain.

I'll take everyone's requests into consideration, but I want to make this clear.

You will only be added if I can make it work.

I still want it to look like a competent image, after all.

With that said, don't be afraid to ask to be in the poster. It actually gives me ideas on what to draw. I can't promise everyone will be in it, unfortunately.

And don't worry about me, I want to do this. It's fun!
I feel guilty asking for myself to be in, but you don't have to do much. A blue Tyrannosaurus with a Sonic hat, Lucina's mask and Parallel Falchion would be perfect.
What info?
https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1056720619113455616
So something that was brought up yesterday (I think) for the idea of Incineroar being DLC, but I believe Shroob stated Paid Subscription Character (Or to that extent)

Not sure if that was a joke, but lets think on that for a second. The online is not the greatest (compared to others) but could be something amazing for Smash.

How does one try to sell their online subscription? Add a "Free" Character to it.

And you know what sells well?

Pokemon

Now later down the line he could be DLC, but can be ready for people early by purchasing the Online Subscription.
Silly enough to consider.
Not as silly to consider when you remember the big character that pushed people to get both versions of Smash 4 ASAP was also a Pokemon.

Last edited:

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
Seems like Ryce and Mystic are pretty much saying the same thing. RIP Mach Rider, Banjo, and Chorus Kids :(

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
And now the Steve, Editor at Nintendo Life
Source
I should probably clarify here. While I don't personally believe Banjo is in Smash, I have no information on that either way. I do know the banner leak is fake, and that's what I was referring to when I said he's wrong.

I think it's entirely possible some characters in the supposed leak could make it into the game, but I do believe the entire thing is an elaborate hoax.

When I say it's wrong, I'm speaking to the actual Snapchat video and banner everyone's going insane about, not specifically its contents. I hope that helps clear the air a bit.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Dang. Well, this is without a doubt one of the most perplexing and interesting leaks I've seen in my time on Smash Bros. boards in general. I don't really know what to believe anymore, but regardless, the investigation that has been done on both sides has been incredible and thought-provoking. Never thought a leak could get this deep. Haha.

I'll just sit back, temper expectations, and keep talking about the fun circumstances this leak could provide.

But one thing is for certain: The next Direct is going to be insane.
Yeah, this final direct that's inevitably gonna happen will either make or break this entire Grinch leak. And it's frightening to know. XD

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I'll take everyone's requests into consideration, but I want to make this clear.

With that said, don't be afraid to ask to be in the poster. It actually gives me ideas on what to draw. I can't promise everyone will be in it, unfortunately.

Look, I'm just saying, I make a prominent appearance in Season 2 (the leak assault arc is practically MY arc) so it would make sense to include me.

Just kidding. Add me if it works, but if not that's cool too.

Source

Man, it's almost like that's exactly what I proposed. It makes perfect sense really, and explains the confusion from insiders. I just wish they'd said something like this earlier instead of later. Nintendo telling sources like GameXplain to play it down could also be explained by the fact that the full roster (minus Incineroar) is there, but it's got some extra characters as well.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
And with that note, people need to return to Team Box. 2 more to go, Ken and Inciniroar are awesome. The CSS looks great and the game is out in a month. We are all going good.

And with DLC in the future, we are good to go for some time.
Please don't try to police hype. Intentional or not; it comes off condescending. Thank you

Last edited:

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
Because I love them so funny and adorable, while ... I'm crying a lot and
My heart is beating very close to death, but I have a thanatophobia (I'm not kidding, I'm serious).

Shroob

Sup?
Oorrrrrr, it's not all the characters? Why aren't people also making that assumption lol?

Nobody is deconfirming Chorus Kids, Mach Rider and Banjo, and they can still be exactly like K. Rool here: Completely unleaked surprises.
It's not, but 'why' is it missing Incineroar?

EVERYONE is saying he's in, yet he's not on the banner.

If he was that far along in development to be "He's in" status, I kinda agree, why would they cut him 'recently'.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Here's my optimist scenario:

- Grinch leak is right, but just "outdated", meaning it does not have have the complete art banner.
- Incineroar should also be on this banner
- Sora and Lloyd are the top contenders for DLC so far.
-108 stages is real because of the 5 newcomers from the banner we know of.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman

Your art is really cute and it would be cool if you could add me I guess

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Source

So basically...

- Incineroar is missing.
- Shadow, Geno, Isaac, CKs, and/or Mach Rider aren't in the base roster.
- Ken is laughing because he's still the safest character of them all.

Seriously, I need sleep.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Considering that Shadow and Ken are in the banner and supposedly EVEN IF the banner was a fake to smoke out leakers. Banjo is in no question.. any 3rd party in that banner is in. Nintendo isn't going to depict ANY 3rd parties without permission...

Which means... if this guy's info is correct and the banner isn't... papagenos source is still correct Banjo would be in.. as would Incineroar, Ken, Shadow, Geno, Isaac. Chorus Kids and Mach Rider would be ???

BUT consider an alternate point of view.

This guy claims that Lloyd is in.. be it DLC or base I'm not sure which as his wording was confusing...

We know Namco uses fake info to smoke out leakers.. if Namco was going to use fake character info to smoke out leakers wouldn't it make sense to use one of their own characters as bait? I'm not saying Lloyd doesn't have a chance to get in.. he does. I'm just saying a Namco character would make sense to use as a bait character. Which means that this dudes info could be wrong. Who knows though....

In either scenario i think Banjo is in which is all I want.. so I'm neutral. I'm just throwing that out there.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

I think I got requested an idea like that once...memory's kinda blurry. xD But I don't remember being able to do it, aside from making drawings with a bunch of character for my and some cousin's birthdays, but they were way old, I think even before I began digital art. I wish you the best of luck with it, you will do a wonderful work for sure! :D

Untouch

Smash Master
I think when he says "once of the characters I know about got cut", he means that the character (likely incineroar) is only not on the mural because he got cut for whatever reason, the fact that he says recently makes me think he's seen actual footage and videos otherwise a time frame would be irrelevant.

like most leakers and k rool, he can't really deny the rest of the characters because his sources could be missing something

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping that Mystic's information is correct. If so, I could care less about the Grinch leak. No Banjo but I at least got Geno and that's what matters most to me.

You can add me if you'd like.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
    • Incineroar
    • Ken
    • Shadow
    • Isaac
    • Geno
Personally, I wouldn't really like this. I have no interest in any of these characters, and I actually do want Mach Rider and Chorus Kids. But again, I have Isabelle so I'm happy with her. (But now I really want Mach Rider)… and Sora and Banjo & Kazooie are some of my least wanted characters (I'm sorry) :)

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
It's not, but 'why' is it missing Incineroar?

EVERYONE is saying he's in, yet he's not on the banner.

If he was that far along in development to be "He's in" status, I kinda agree, why would they cut him 'recently'.
Thats not what i was saying lol. I'm saying that he could be in there just as easily as the rest of them. If the banner is real, I can see all 8 being in the game, just missing Incineroar on the banner for some reason.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If you can add Roger Smith from American Dad to the next poster or somewhere down the line to represent ole Roger/Fish here.

That'd be neato, Noipoi Noipoi .

Keep up the good work either way.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Honestly I'm going to say this is real. I think the line cut isn't really a coincidence when it comes to Isaac and Banjo, but even without that I'm pretty sure Isaac was definitely planned for the September direct. And with such minor details like Kazooie being scared of Snake, the Conductor being inclued with the Chorus Kids, and more, as WELL as this going against what everyone thought and having not only no Incineroar, but way more characters then what we thought was possible, I think this may just be legit. Not to mention insiders like GameXplain being suspiciously super dismissive of the leak and writing anything being discovered for it as conspiracy theories.

I just think too much adds up and makes sense for this to be fake.

Shroob

Sup?
Thats not what i was saying lol. I'm saying that he could be in there just as easily as the rest of them. If the banner is real, I can see all 8 being in the game, just missing Incineroar on the banner for some reason.
But 'what' is that reason?

Why would this company have a banner that's obviously very ready to be displayed without Incineroar?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
It's called the "anime poster" where I draw me and several other users as if we were the main cast of an anime.

I've already done one before, but i've decided to do another one.
Ah that's pretty cool. I haven't been too active here till recently but could I possibly be in? Seems like it would be a cool thing to be part of. I can understand if you would prioritize others though. lol

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Can I be in it?

Pretty Plz.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Mystic just posted that he’s gonna post an update clarifying some things in a bit

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
    • Incineroar
    • Ken
    • Shadow
    • Isaac
    • Geno
Yea I would be fine with this

Because that’s almost all the banner leak characters so we get most of them regardless

Although I’m having trouble believe Mach rider will not be in the game because of that toy Sakurai bought eariler

He wanted the gun and the resemblance is uncanning to Mach riders gun plus even though the robot is not needed it looks like machrider as well

Noipoi

Howdy!
Look, I'm just saying, I make a prominent appearance in Season 2 (the leak assault arc is practically MY arc) so it would make sense to include me.

Just kidding. Add me if it works, but if not that's cool too.

Man, it's almost like that's exactly what I proposed. It makes perfect sense really, and explains the confusion from insiders. I just wish they'd said something like this earlier instead of later. Nintendo telling sources like GameXplain to play it down could also be explained by the fact that the full roster (minus Incineroar) is there, but it's got some extra characters as well.
you're the reason I decided to do this I felt bad about leaving you out

Potato_

Smash Lord
So the question is:

Nani the ****.

I think that sums it up.

How the flying **** 'could' this be fake if it ends up being so.
Honestly it'd have to be a combination of this guy being insanely detail oriented, having access to a print shop, doing some research on Eric Bricard (or maybe it IS him) and getting incredibly lucky on some aspects lining up. The Vine thing was some absolute insanity if this was fake, as it matches up with Isaac perfectly.

Certainly possible, ESPECIALLY if he is Eric, just incredibly unlikely.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
So basically...

- Incineroar is missing.
- Shadow, Geno, Isaac, CKs, and/or Mach Rider aren't in the base roster.
- Ken is laughing because he's still the safest character of them all.

Seriously, I need sleep.
I love the notion of Ken being a smug ******* because nobody ever doubted his inclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom