• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
SAMUS ALT FOR :ultdarksamus:?

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , help me believe! Oh and you were right on a Samus alt.
Recolors are extremely easy to fake. I wouldn’t put any effort in trying to figure out a costume leak due to this. Unless it’s an alternate costume altogether and generally one that does not have a recognizable 3D render already.

But we don’t know Damus’s alts so a Samus alt is potentially likely.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Well it could prove these kinds of cuts have always been there and we haven't looked closely enough until now. If you really wanna debunk it just find a cut where no Grinch leak character could be
I tried but it's not possible...
Duck Hunt is already the farthest character from any Grinch leak ones, and part of his tail/duck still goes in the section where Shadow is. Though Shadow is far, and the other characters are all aligned, only Duck Hunt has the glitch.
The only part of the mural that does not include leak characters is the one from Wario to Duck Hunt, but it confines with the Chorus Kids/Geno and Shadow parts.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if there's anything to be announced today, it'll be 9 am in Japan in 24 minutes.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wha
The ride ends when we get a direct.

Then we hop onto the next ride.
t would that next ride be? Waiting for the game to come out, or discussing whether Atlantis exists or not? Maybe discussing how to solve a town's insect problem, perhaps?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why is it everytime something comes up that might be a clue or hint of real or fake there's a counter play?

Can we just not....find the one thing that bunks or debunks this either way before a direct does it for us?

I'm exhausted.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
I'm glad that there are still some people around here who are able to stay calm in this chaos and do their research. The Isaac mural 'evidence' seemed very believable at first and it could have been the trump card that was needed to prove the validity of the leak, so it was very easy to get carried away by the hype.

Both sides need to be critical and everyone should keep in mind that there is a possibility that they're wrong.

Untouch

Smash Master
:colorful:
No one was cut from any mural.
They do not edit the mural this way, they have the background and the character renders in a photoshop file.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Guys, ignore the possibility of Isaac for a second.

I think I found the REAL Newcomer they forgot to completely edit out.

F2E4B816-A7F4-4AE4-8673-4AFC24B1F24E.jpeg

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Jpeg Artifact, kinda like color bleeding, some gray can be used on the scale of green.

View attachment 173055

Also depends of the of Compression of the picture etc...

View attachment 173057

It's just the fold of Little Mac's Boots with JPEG artifacts
WHAT THE FU-

T3Z3R1 IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING THE MENTAL BREAKDOWN OVER THIS ****. HE WILL RETURN TO POST ONCE IT ENDS.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
In the spots where Isaac and Geno should be on a revision of the banner artwork, there is some minor errors, leaving people to believe that the RPG duo were removed haphazardly from the banner.
what i sthe context of those cuts? are supposed to be on the main page? cause right now the main page's mural looks withouth any of those cuts :/

Untouch

Smash Master
"Guys, compression is why the background is different"
2 days later
"Guys, compression doesn't exist anymore!"

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Can someone tell me why editing out Isaac because of his earthquake abilities would be disrespecful? I don't get Jon from Gameplain's outrage.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Has everyone seen that you can see a tiny portion of green from Issac's vines on little mac's shoe?View attachment 173050
Everybody is just taking this one random guy at his word that the site glitched out in this way. This color does not exist in the actual banner. So the theory is literally that they have the Isaac version of the banner currently stored on their server for anybody to find if the page code just loads weird.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
JPEG artifacting of black pixels does not produce green pixels. At least not with that saturation.
That's why his boots are grey. No one use pure black.

Also to stop that dumb Cut things.

1540769950282.png

Lucina Arms is cut in half. Guess Sora is confirmed.

Dude...It's just.
Jpeg compression of a drawing cut in 6 pieces that probably normally do like 5000 pixel wide uncompressed

Confirmation

Smash Ace
This is literally leak ping pong. Each issue is brought up, knocked into fake, knocked back into real, again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom