• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Okay, sorry for scaling it up, certain people were claiming that they couldn't see the cut. You can go check it out for yourself though, it's there.

And clearly, you don't get how the mural works. It's cut into separate images. That seam is the seam between images. What happened was this:

8-8 direct Olimar Image - Cloud Image
Lined up perfectly
September direct Old Olimar Image from 8-8 - Isabelle Image
There was a crop
Few days later New Olimar Image to fix the crop - Isabelle Image
Fixes most of the crop issues, except for the fact that Olimar only shows on the left side of the cut, not the right. This proves he wasn't intended to be there when the Isabelle image was created. Clearly, the segments were saved at different times.
This proves nothing, Duck Hunt is cut too, even more than Olimar, it's very visible; though the only character that could have caused this is Shadow; unless you think they were also to announce Shadow in that direct, along with Isaac and Isabelle.

Untouch

Smash Master
Could someone please kindly furnish us latecomers with a tl;dr about what the hell the cuts are about???

Thanks!
There are some visual glitches at the edges of the different chunks on the top banner.
People attribute this to "characters being edited out of the mural" for whatever reason.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
I just realised literally all I do in this thread is ****post and I don't know if I'm okay with that

I reckon I do it less than JDCabrera tho

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
The Grinch has been caught by The Police for armed robbery against the citizens of Whoville. I’m being told his bail is set at 13,000 Vbucks.
He also wants you to give him all your TF2 skins or he can't get the epic VICTORY ROYALE

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Could someone please kindly furnish us latecomers with a tl;dr about what the hell the cuts are about???

Thanks!
In the spots where Isaac and Geno should be on a revision of the banner artwork, there is some minor errors, leaving people to believe that the RPG duo were removed haphazardly from the banner.

Tyrathius

Smash Cadet
I know this sounds stupid, but is there any possibility if the leaks are real, that Sakurai would change something? Anything? Maybe the placement on the mural to avoid real defeat or removing or adding content to the game? Or am I just worrying too much? Help? Direct?
Not likely. Even if he moved them, it'd still be obvious if the characters were in the same pose. Basically the only way he could do it is if he had the artists completely redraw artwork for all seven characters on the leak. Which is a lot of work for a game that's less than a month away (and the art probably being needed sooner than that).

Even then, some people might find the characters being the exact same suspicious even if literally nothing else matched. Mach Rider would be a pretty amazing coincidence for someone to guess right.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm finished.
I can't do this anymore.

Is this what the people who believed the ESRB leak right away real felt like?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Grinch has been caught by The Police for armed robbery against the citizens of Whoville. I’m being told his bail is set at 13,000 Vbucks.
Attention all Smash Brothers. The Grinch is in great danger and he needs your help to escape the jails of Whoville. All he needs is your credit card number, the three digits on the back, and the expiration month and year. But, you gotta be quick so the Grinch can secure the bag and post the epic video leak!

EDIT: :ultgreninja: wasn't quick enough to achieve the epic victory royale.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
It's just insane what the people can see in a fraggin' JPG. More symbolism than the Sistine Chapel.

gloop898

Smash Cadet
This whole thing is absolutely crazy. There does seem to be a lot of evidence showing that everything is real. But I'm still not sure, a lot of it could just be us misinterpreting things or finding patterns where there aren't any. I guess we won't know until the next direct. Still whether real or fake, let's all try to remain civil and not harass or attack anybody for their opinions or information before the direct.

link3710

Smash Cadet
This proves nothing, Duck Hunt is cut too, even more than Olimar, it's very visible; though the only character that could have caused this is Shadow; unless you think they were also to announce Shadow in that direct, along with Isaac and Isabelle.
Actually, that was the theory I posted on Discord, that third party echoes will all share a trailer with another character.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
In the spots where Isaac and Geno should be on a revision of the banner artwork, there is some minor errors, leaving people to believe that the RPG duo were removed haphazardly from the banner.
THANK YOU. It's so hard getting answers when the thread is moving a mile a minute :)

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Attention all Smash Brothers. The Grinch is in great danger and he needs your help to escape the jails of Whoville. All he needs is your credit card number, the three digits on the back, and the expiration month an year. But, you gotta be quick so the Grinch can secure the bag and post the epic video leak!
I feel the urge to watch this video every single time I see it posted or meme’d. Time for my for daily rewatch of it.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Well it could prove these kinds of cuts have always been there and we haven't looked closely enough until now. If you really wanna debunk it just find a cut where no Grinch leak character could be

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Anyways, I've been running a fever since yesterday and still am so if someone wouldn't care to give me a run down of what the consensus on the leak is, and any other news that's come up that'd be awesome.
Company that the leaker works for took down a 2 year old promotional video for their company that was posted by a third party (with the company's permission at first, mind), and people find that suspicious because it was being used to help prove the leak.

Users round these parts found out that at one point, there was a glitch in the banner on the website where Little Mac was cropped weird, and that crop just happened to line up perfectly with where Isaac is on the leaked banner. However, others soon came to tell everyone that the banner glitches a lot, because it's just a bunch of smaller images placed together, so random crops are bound to happen.

Basically, we're no closer to a consensus than we were before, but the whole company video debacle gave Team Real some ammo.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Attention all Smash Brothers. The Grinch is in great danger and he needs your help to escape the jails of Whoville. All he needs is your credit card number, the three digits on the back, and the expiration month an year. But, you gotta be quick so the Grinch can secure the bag and post the epic video leak!

I read that whole thing in voiceoverpete's voice

Iridium

Smash Hero
I know this sounds stupid, but is there any possibility if the leaks are real, that Sakurai would change something? Anything? Maybe the placement on the mural to avoid real defeat or removing or adding content to the game? Or am I just worrying too much? Help? Direct?
It might be way too late to start altering content. At this point, Sakurai's better off showing what he and the development team has completed.

Not sure why he would consider removing content for reasons aside from technical issues, hardware issues or dropped concepts, but that most likely wouldn't happen right now.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Remember that there are two versions of the banner, and these "cuts" are only in the places where the looping banner is actually cut on the site itself. The banner is divided into several sliced images.

These cuts are not present in the full version released to the press.

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
I feel I need to mention this again.
The stuff that was cut from the direct was just a mention of the Natural Disasters DLC for Cities Skylines.
Simply put, Nintendo didn't create this trailer in a week.
Source?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Remember that there are two versions of the banner, and these "cuts" are only in the places where the looping banner is actually cut on the site itself. The banner is divided into several sliced images.

Thanks you... I tried to explain but... I probably failed at this.

D

Deleted member

I just realised literally all I do in this thread is ****post and I don't know if I'm okay with that

I reckon I do it less than JDCabrera tho
Well, of course.

I am the god of ****posts, with this lack of news.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Attention all Smash Brothers. The Grinch is in great danger and he needs your help to escape the jails of Whoville. All he needs is your credit card number, the three digits on the back, and the expiration month and year. But, you gotta be quick so the Grinch can secure the bag and post the epic video leak!

One of y'all better get the man himself to say this if the Grinch leak is real

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Thanks vaan.

I feel like we need to sticky your comments somewhere.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Thanks to Nekoo Nekoo and U Untouch for giving explanations for the cuts on the banner. Regardless if the leak is real or not, I want you guys to know your efforts in pointing out explanations for the cuts did not go completely unnoticed by everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom