• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
you guys REALLY have no idea how photoshop works lol
no characters were cut out of the banner, that isn't how it works

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
This just goes to prove the point, thank you for this!

So as we know, olimar's helmet still isn't visible on Isabelle-3, there's a slight cutoff there where certain details aren't quite matching up.

So if this was just a case of a delayed update, the seam should be gone entirely after they fixed it. But instead? We still have a seam. That proves that something was changed on Isabelle - 2 from when Isabelle -3 was created.
You know that images lose quality when you scale them up, right? You should NEVER compare things like this by scaling them. Always keep things to their original resolution.

And again, there'd be no cuts like that ANYWHERE because THAT'S NOT HOW THE MURAL WORKS. Every character is their OWN LAYER. If Isaac was scheduled and had to be swapped for Isabelle, it would have NO EFFECT on Olimar or Bowser. It would just be a matter of turning Isaac's layer off, Isabelle's layer on and moving the other characters. There'd be no "crop" at all.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Someone on GameFAQS just debunked the argument that the Isaac "leak" was a coincidence. Apparently Bowser's finger is also spliced vertically.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Every hour that passes more evidence keeps pouring in wtf.

Everything falls into place, not a single piece discordant (save for the background).

Wtf.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502

So as we know, olimar's helmet still isn't visible on Isabelle-3, there's a slight cutoff there where certain details aren't quite matching up.

So if this was just a case of a delayed update, the seam should be gone entirely after they fixed it. But instead? We still have a seam. That proves that something was changed on Isabelle - 2 from when Isabelle -3 was created.
So wait is Issac theory resurrected now lol...

In the words of William Shakespeare: "I'm losing it guys. Please give me a Nintendo Direct soon. Please, I'm begging you!"

I think that's how the quote went.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What the hell is going on right now?

Last edited by a moderator:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Even if we put aside the banner thing as a "coincidence", there is still...

-The mysterious item speculated to be Growth

-Golden Sun being trademarked earlier than usual

-"Apologies for my absence last week. The earthquake in eastern Iburi, Hokkaido put a hold on the Nintendo Direct, as we could no longer use the original draft we had prepared. " by Sakurai in Famitsu

-It'd make sense if Isaac was cut from the September direct.

Things still go in Isaac and the leak's favor.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, could Isaac and Geno have shared a trailer?

...And Isaac caused Geno to be delayed?

D

Deleted member

Is someone going to answer my question? Sorry for being impatient, but I am dying to know:
Is it the thing where the cuts could of leaked hidden characters, or just an adjust? Isaac? What is the story? I need help.

Also, I feel like we are getting a direct directly after Halloween.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I'm going to summarize the Isaac theory real fast assuming you've seen the pics. If I mess something up, it's on me, but this is what I'm seeing.

There's a visual hiccup on official material right where Isaac is on the Grinch mural that is extremely precise.

Real: extremely obscure thing for a faker to know of and ties into the previous September Isaac rumor.

Fake: these visual discrepancies are elsewhere as well

Real: this is the only discrepancy that doesn't impact the entire mural from top to bottom. As stated in the above post by Nekoo, each part needs to be updated to account for the new character. So they update most of the mural piece named hero 2 to get it to match hero 3, except that conspicuous point was missed.

Fake: just a missed piece.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
For the record...if all of this is just a web of intertwining coincidences and masterful plans, then somebody needs to record this for posterity, because this s*** is like lightning striking 15 times in the same spot.

It's a freaking majestic piece of once-in-a-lifetime speculation art...

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
can anybody please tell how she is an hentai character? my brain was gone as soon as he spoke

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

The banner isn't perfect... Duck Hunt Dog's tail is even more messed up, go see it on the website if you don't believe me (at least, I see a glitch, not sure if everyone else sees it).

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
So, could Isaac and Geno have shared a trailer?

...And Isaac caused Geno to be delayed?
I mean...Isaac has ties to the Sun and Geno has ties to the Stars...and there was that one guy who claimed 2 characters shared a trailer...I’m going to ****ing lose my mind

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
For the record...if all of this is just a web of intertwining coincidences and masterful plans, then somebody needs to record this for posterity, because this s*** is like lightning striking 15 times in the same spot.

It's a freaking majestic piece of once-in-a-lifetime speculation art...
It's humanly impossible for it to be just coincidences

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What the hell is going on right now?
Well people are looking at the banner on the sit itself for clues now and the spectre of MTP has returned from the inky depths of the past.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
Got some info for you guys

First bit of DLC will include Thing 1 and Thing 2 as an echo fighter for Ice Climbers

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
What's this about photo cuts huh what? Nearly as I can gather people are trying to piece together where Isaac and Geno were on the banner?

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
So wait is Issac theory resurrected now lol...

In the words of William Shakespeare: "I'm losing it guys. Please give me a Nintendo Direct soon. Please, I'm begging you!"

I think that's how the quote went.
I loseth sanity,
my dear Sakurai.
I beseech thee give
Nintendo Direct.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Just got off the phone with The Lorax. He told me The Grinch is a liar, but Sassy Geno is in with a Luigi The President Echo. He also said Sans, Luffy, Donte, Busby, Jet Jaguar, Bonzi Buddy, Shadow with a Gun, and Banjo (Nuts & Bolt Design) are in. Other M Ridley is also in as an Echoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom